Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2012, 09:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bubba Watson Wins The Masters!

he edged out Steve whatever his name is in a playoff.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Steve??? You mean Louis Oosthuizen? Anyway, I am very happy for Bubba. He was due( has been for a while)and it couldn't have happened for a nicer guy.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

Padraig seemed to have the most chances of anyone but he kept missing birdies by 2 feet, Phil would have been better off just reteeing to hit 3 on his triple, and missed Louis/Steve's double eagle live.
Luke 2:11- Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxsroxs View Post
Awesome knowledge of golf

So happy Bubba won, the guy wears his emotions on his sleeve, loved watching the hook shot of a life time.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:14 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxsroxs View Post
Spoken like a true fan of the game. At least you were first!
Old 04-09-2012, 06:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Settle down guys! You can't expect people to remember who wins Major Championships, but it is important to know Tiger's old caddie's name...
PAYING VERY HANDSOMELY FOR THE "O" IN THE 2009 DREW BLEDSOE BY THE LETTER SET. WILL PAY $25 FINDERS FEE IF YOU DIRECT ME TO ONE AND I AM ABLE TO MAKE A DEAL (eBay and COMC listings NOT APPLICABLE/REDEEMABLE)
ssbledsoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

that wedge hook shot was unreal, that is one of the best shots ive ever seen, and bubba is known for his power, who wouldve thought he could make that shot, im happy for bubba, after what hes went through the last couple years, there's nobody more deserving and man do i love masters sunday! always a thrill!
bkovach06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkovach06 View Post
that wedge hook shot was unreal, that is one of the best shots ive ever seen, and bubba is known for his power, who wouldve thought he could make that shot, im happy for bubba, after what hes went through the last couple years, there's nobody more deserving and man do i love masters sunday! always a thrill!
An absolutely gorgeous shot. I will say this, Bubba is one of the most creative golfers since Seve...
PAYING VERY HANDSOMELY FOR THE "O" IN THE 2009 DREW BLEDSOE BY THE LETTER SET. WILL PAY $25 FINDERS FEE IF YOU DIRECT ME TO ONE AND I AM ABLE TO MAKE A DEAL (eBay and COMC listings NOT APPLICABLE/REDEEMABLE)
ssbledsoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkovach06 View Post
When I saw where he was, the announcers were acting like it was impossible, but he did not even get in a hook stance so I knew he was fine.

Those who have not seen him play he shapes every shot he hits, and he has never had a lesson...and for long hitters, playing out of the woods is sometimes our A game since we end up there more times than others haha...

I know this win meant alot to someone who had been told his whole life go get lessons, you will never win unless you swing like Tiger...blah...blah...so happy for him and I know his dad would have been very proud...
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Padraig seemed to have the most chances of anyone but he kept missing birdies by 2 feet, Phil would have been better off just reteeing to hit 3 on his triple, and missed Louis/Steve's double eagle live.
PH had more opportunities than anyone in the final round, but unfortunately for him his putting is like mine, terrible....lol

Was Phil in a hazard on the par 3? I heard them say he could re-tee, but since he found his ball I figured he was screwed. I heard him say unplayable would not give him a swing...or can you go back to the tee on a unplayable lie? Thought it was one clublength...
Old 04-10-2012, 11:49 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post
PH had more opportunities than anyone in the final round, but unfortunately for him his putting is like mine, terrible....lol

Was Phil in a hazard on the par 3? I heard them say he could re-tee, but since he found his ball I figured he was screwed. I heard him say unplayable would not give him a swing...or can you go back to the tee on a unplayable lie? Thought it was one clublength...
Phil was in the woods with zero room for a back swing,so he went righty to try to force it out and did himself more harm than good. Should have just taken the tee shot over again. His biggest problem has and always will be not knowing when to take the easier approach of the 2 options
Old 04-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman71 View Post
Phil was in the woods with zero room for a back swing,so he went righty to try to force it out and did himself more harm than good. Should have just taken the tee shot over again. His biggest problem has and always will be not knowing when to take the easier approach of the 2 options
Yeah I was watching, but since he found his ball only thing he could do is take a unplayable. And I heard him tell his caddie he could not get a swing even with one clublength. Not sure how he would have been allowed to re-tee unless he was in a hazard or he would have never found his ball. Seems like he grounded his club in there so if it were a hazard that would have been a penalty I imagine...Not sure though...

Guess my question is how would he take a unplayable lie back to the tee...

Last edited by Razorsharp79; 04-10-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:37 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post
Yeah I was watching, but since he found his ball only thing he could do is take a unplayable. And I heard him tell his caddie he could not get a swing even with one clublength. Not sure how he would have been allowed to re-tee unless he was in a hazard or he would have never found his ball. Seems like he grounded his club in there so if it were a hazard that would have been a penalty I imagine...Not sure though...

Guess my question is how would he take a unplayable lie back to the tee...
Yeah,that part made little to no sense
Old 04-13-2012, 12:49 AM   #14 (permalink)

Phil had 3 options on the unplayable and really only 2 of them made sense in his situation--

1) Going back to the tee and reheating. He would of been hitting 3 off the tee--IF he hits the green and 2 putts he makes 5. Seemed like a real tough green to hit in regulation. Taking this option and the idea of a 6 was a real possibility.

2) Drop from unplayable is a stroke. Hits 3rd on green and 2 putts for 5

3) OR chops it out, hits 3rd on green--2 putt for 5. Instead hits 3rd short, 4 on--2 putt 6

The other option he had would of been to keep his ball and flag in a straight line and go back on that line as far as he wants (in the wood in this situation), drop and play is third shot. This option was not going to work.

Happy for Bubba. Had money on Stricker, Mahan and Westwood. Oh well
shadetre is offline   Reply With Quote