Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/racing-golf-other-sports/)
-   -   Danica at Talladega (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/racing-golf-other-sports/299109-danica-talladega.html)

ediii33 05-07-2012 02:22 PM

Danica at Talladega

Just got back from the race. We decided to listen to Danica on our scanners Saturday. Her crew chief has to tell her everything! Unlike the rest of the drivers she is constantly being told where every car is around her. Im going to say she has a long way to go. She even asked how many laps they were racing. Her exact words were "How many laps is this race today." Her crew chief sounded worried about her all day. There were several other things that went on that leads us to believe she may never win a race.

nuccionino 05-07-2012 04:19 PM

[QUOTE=ediii33;2640950]Just got back from the race. We decided to listen to Danica on our scanners Saturday. Her crew chief has to tell her everything! Unlike the rest of the drivers she is constantly being told where every car is around her. Im going to say she has a long way to go. She even asked how many laps they were racing. Her exact words were "How many laps is this race today." Her crew chief sounded worried about her all day. There were several other things that went on that leds us to believe she may never win a race.[/QUOTE]

Is this a joke?

You do realize that she has raced about 30 races tops in stock cars? A lot of these drivers raced 30 in a season when they were 12. Honestly. She is great at 1.5 mile tracks which make up a lot of the schedule. Also, a lot of drivers ask how many laps are in a race, and need to be reminded how many to go. She is still learning to drive these cars, no one else is. Tony Stewart was horrible when he started.. look at him now. Hornish needed time, now he is finally getting it, it takes time.

ediii33 05-07-2012 08:56 PM

[QUOTE=nuccionino;2641462]Is this a joke?

You do realize that she has raced about 30 races tops in stock cars? A lot of these drivers raced 30 in a season when they were 12. Honestly. She is great at 1.5 mile tracks which make up a lot of the schedule. Also, a lot of drivers ask how many laps are in a race, and need to be reminded how many to go. She is still learning to drive these cars, no one else is. Tony Stewart was horrible when he started.. look at him now. Hornish needed time, now he is finally getting it, it takes time.[/QUOTE]

Stewart also won several Indy races.

nuccionino 05-07-2012 09:21 PM

[QUOTE=ediii33;2643015]Stewart also won several Indy races.[/QUOTE]

Indy Car and NASCAR are the same? Tony Stewart is a natural amazing driver, but he struggled when he started. Danica easily could of won 2 Indy 500's. The one in 2005, Danica had to save fuel or else she would of won.

Let's ignore everything else I stated. You are a Danica hater, that is fine, but you can't judge someone based off a race at Talladega. Look at her 2nd, 3rd races at tracks, she runs better. She'll probably finish 20th at Darlington in NW and 30th in Cup and you'll probably say she sucks. She obviously needs to spend a couple years in Nationwide, but cut her some slack, she is new to stock cars.

WhacksPacks 05-08-2012 08:55 AM

danica was terrible in IRL...I don't see her being any better in a stock car...she sells tickets and merch and websites..she's good at that

ediii33 05-08-2012 02:59 PM

[QUOTE=WhacksPacks;2645088]danica was terrible in IRL...I don't see her being any better in a stock car...she sells tickets and merch and websites..she's good at that[/QUOTE]

I agree. The crowd cheered really loud when she led that one lap. She knew the money was in NASCAR.

ediii33 05-08-2012 03:05 PM

[QUOTE=nuccionino;2643192]Indy Car and NASCAR are the same? Tony Stewart is a natural amazing driver, but he struggled when he started. Danica easily could of won 2 Indy 500's. The one in 2005, Danica had to save fuel or else she would of won.

Let's ignore everything else I stated. You are a Danica hater, that is fine, but you can't judge someone based off a race at Talladega. Look at her 2nd, 3rd races at tracks, she runs better. She'll probably finish 20th at Darlington in NW and 30th in Cup and you'll probably say she sucks. She obviously needs to spend a couple years in Nationwide, but cut her some slack, she is new to stock cars.[/QUOTE]

Next time you go to a race, listen to her on the scanner. Maybe she will not ask if pit row is gonna be open or ask if thats her last pit stop. I heard it in person. Im not guessing and hoping she might be good. I heard loud and clear how far behind she is compared to the other drivers in NASCAR.