Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 05:51 PM   #426 (permalink)

He does this all the time on his products...like it's the holy grail or something, not releasing his checklists.
Tylerg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:56 PM   #427 (permalink)
Banned

Print run is what really annoys me. Makes it very difficult to buy/sell/trade even put a value on how your breaks went.

Last thing I want to do is drop money on these cases then have to look at eBay and go, okay two red inks, 3 green, 5 blacks are listed so I GUESS red is SP....then turns out red is not the SP and over pay!
sdoug76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:08 PM   #428 (permalink)

I would guess the checklist put out as tentative a long time ago is now official. Minus HBK, Chyna, Rocky Johnson and one mystery sticker add.

Bring on Abdullah The Butcher!!!!
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:09 PM   #429 (permalink)

The checklist is exactly what it was, less the Michaels, Chyna, and Rocky Johnson autos, but plus the mystery auto.

Sorry, thought that was pretty clear.

Scott
Old 10-31-2012, 08:12 PM   #430 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnft17 View Post
I would guess the checklist put out as tentative a long time ago is now official. Minus HBK, Chyna, Rocky Johnson and one mystery sticker add.

Bring on Abdullah The Butcher!!!!
He got it!

The Bonus auto will be a legends of sport style auto geared towards wrestling, I have a hunch, but won't know until I start ripping Friday.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:12 PM   #431 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageScott View Post
The checklist is exactly what it was, less the Michaels, Chyna, and Rocky Johnson autos, but plus the mystery auto.

Sorry, thought that was pretty clear.

Scott
Where is this checklist??? Only thing I can find is the sell sheet.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:15 PM   #432 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoug76 View Post
Print run is what really annoys me. Makes it very difficult to buy/sell/trade even put a value on how your breaks went.

Last thing I want to do is drop money on these cases then have to look at eBay and go, okay two red inks, 3 green, 5 blacks are listed so I GUESS red is SP....then turns out red is not the SP and over pay!
I'm the opposite. That is what I'm looking forward to is all ink variations and having to speculate what sp colors will be. Also alternate image variations. The photos from signings do give some nice clues!
I'd like to see the people paying attention be rewarded. Than just everybody getting all details before. I doubt most people even will care all that much about ink colors. Just hardcore collectors wanting every variation possible of guys. I think that is what will make collecting these cards more of a challange and keep things interesting.
Wonder if Blowout will have a tracker going.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:16 PM   #433 (permalink)

Posted this on June 18th

UNOFFICIAL CHECKLIST:
Abdullah the Butcher
Billy Graham
Bob Backlund
Bob Orton Jr.
Bobby Heenan
Bret Hart
Bruno Sammartino
Brutus Beefcake
Buff Bagwell
Chyna
Dallas Page
Dan Severn
George Steele
Greg Valentine
Hillbilly Jim
Hulk Hogan
Iron Sheik
Ivan Koloff
Ivan Putski
Jake Roberts
Jim Duggan
Jim Neidhart
Jimmy Garvin
Jimmy Hart
Kamala
Ken Shamrock
Kevin Nash
Koko B. Ware
Lanny Poffo
Larry Zbyszko
Lex Luger
Marty Jannetty
Missy Hyatt
Nikita Koloff
Nikolai Volkoff
One Man Gang
Paul Orndorff
Pete Rose
Ric Flair
Rick Martel
Rick Steiner
Rocky Johnson
Roddy Piper
Scott Hall
Scott Steiner
Sid Vicious
Tatanka
Ted DiBiase
The Honky Tonk Man
Tito Santana
Tony Atlas
Vader
Wendi Richter
Old 10-31-2012, 08:20 PM   #434 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks for the info! With how delayed this has been, least he could do is release the checklist and numbers on inks etc.

How long until the lost Rocky's start showing up!?!
I see your point, however releasing the numbers early only makes it tougher for box/ case breakers and set builders to buy up what we will know to be shorter prints. I like that he is saving the numbers, and benefitting those that have money in the product knowing the SPs ahead of the general public. Just like contenders football in a way.

Regardless, I can't wait for this release, and I hope there is a second series, I have a ton of names to add if that ever comes to fruition.

Scott
Old 10-31-2012, 08:21 PM   #435 (permalink)

Quote:
Where is this checklist??? Only thing I can find is the sell sheet.
See Pnft17 post 433

Awesome checklist!
Old 10-31-2012, 08:24 PM   #436 (permalink)
Banned

Oops, my bad thanks for posting check list. How could I have forgotten a post I saw back in June hahahahaha!!

Question is to sell hot boxes and recoup some funds to buy more boxes? Or bust the hot boxes too.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:25 PM   #437 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnft17 View Post
I'm the opposite. That is what I'm looking forward to is all ink variations and having to speculate what sp colors will be. Also alternate image variations. The photos from signings do give some nice clues!
I'd like to see the people paying attention be rewarded. Than just everybody getting all details before. I doubt most people even will care all that much about ink colors. Just hardcore collectors wanting every variation possible of guys. I think that is what will make collecting these cards more of a challange and keep things interesting.
Wonder if Blowout will have a tracker going.

Again, this guy gets it!

Please contact me with any available duplicates, and I will do the same! I have six boxes incoming, as well as two group breaks with 6 spots in one, and atleast 6 in the other, maybe up to 11 in the second.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:27 PM   #438 (permalink)

Quote:
Oops, my bad thanks for posting check list. How could I have forgotten a post I saw back in June hahahahaha!!

Question is to sell hot boxes and recoup some funds to buy more boxes? Or bust the hot boxes too.
From my understanding hot boxes are all the same wrestler autos with varying numbering, I would sell since I'm looking to build a base set, but if you happen to have a Hogan or Flair etc... Hot box, it could be huge!
Old 10-31-2012, 08:28 PM   #439 (permalink)

Posted this on June 18th

UNOFFICIAL CHECKLIST:
Abdullah the Butcher
Billy Graham

so "unofficial" from 4 1/2 months ago is now OFFICIAL ... quite the faith you guys have. 6 cases on Friday ... being a huge "wrastling fan" I took a chance, but have a feeling if the "unofficial list" was accurate Gray would just have tweeted it or posted it already . Plenty of chase with inscriptions, photo variants , color background variants and ofcourse ink variants.
viperdays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:33 PM   #440 (permalink)
Banned

I am not real clear on the hot boxes. I read it as all same numbering (/10, /50 etc) but different wrestlers?

Hot Boxes will feature ALL 5 AUTOGRAPHS from a single Parallel Level (numbered as low as 1/1)…
Old 10-31-2012, 08:33 PM   #441 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
Collectors want checklists and print runs. Sellers want checklists and print runs. There are a few, and I mean only a few, exceptions. I have never understood any logical reason for holding these two things hostage unless...
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdays View Post
Posted this on June 18th

UNOFFICIAL CHECKLIST:
Abdullah the Butcher
Billy Graham

so "unofficial" from 4 1/2 months ago is now OFFICIAL ... quite the faith you guys have. 6 cases on Friday ... being a huge "wrastling fan" I took a chance, but have a feeling if the "unofficial list" was accurate Gray would just have tweeted it or posted it already . Plenty of chase with inscriptions, photo variants , color background variants and ofcourse ink variants.

As per our (brian and I) conversation today, the checklist is spot on with the exception of Chyna, Shawn Michaels, and Rocky Johnson ( due to an unfortunate error). Plus there are pictures of billy graham signing online and in this post I believe.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:35 PM   #442 (permalink)

Quote:
I am not real clear on the hot boxes. I read it as all same numbering (/10, /50 etc) but different wrestlers?

Hot Boxes will feature ALL 5 AUTOGRAPHS from a single Parallel Level (numbered as low as 1/1)
Definitely confusing, but I was under the impression that it was the same wrestler with variant numbering?

I should have asked, but I didn't.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:37 PM   #443 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageScott View Post
Definitely confusing, but I was under the impression that it was the same wrestler with variant numbering?

I should have asked, but I didn't.
Guess we will know soon enough

Think I will wait to open my 2 until I see what they are going for. Sure I will have to open one regardless!!
Old 10-31-2012, 08:43 PM   #444 (permalink)

Does anyone know if anybody in the set is *not* signing cards?
sthoemke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:44 PM   #445 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthoemke View Post
Does anyone know if anybody in the set is *not* signing cards?
Not sure I understand the question. You mean sticker autos?
Old 10-31-2012, 08:46 PM   #446 (permalink)

in lieu of pasting the whole list I just copied the first 2 wrestlers from the list. My point is IF the list is unchanged except for what you have relayed why the delay on posting this as a tweet or post on Leaf's site (especially after promising to post checklist to site.) Product is sold-out. I can understand holding back the SP list, variant list , colors etc but not the basic checklist.

wrt to Hot Boxes the language used in the sell-sheet literature is that all 5 autographs contained in HOT BOX will be of the same parallel level. i.e. all cards contained within will be numbered out xxx.... again IF that has changed and Gray has relayed to you that HOT BOXES will contain 5 autographs of the same wrestler that would change my mind on whether I open or sell boxes. I would prefer 5 different wrestlers to just 1 .
viperdays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:50 PM   #447 (permalink)
Banned

Sure breaks will be posted on here starting Friday morning, if not tomorrow. So we will all see. I do know this is my last chance with Leaf after some of the sh@t I broke this year. Hope it is great!
Old 10-31-2012, 08:58 PM   #448 (permalink)

Quote:
Not sure I understand the question. You mean sticker autos?
I mean not signing anything, not signing cards and not signing stickers either - not signing at all.
sthoemke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:03 PM   #449 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthoemke View Post
I mean not signing anything, not signing cards and not signing stickers either - not signing at all.
the Michaels, Chyna, and Rocky Johnson autos will not be included.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:22 PM   #450 (permalink)

Anybody getting their boxes from online retailers, did yours get sent out today?