Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2012, 07:02 PM   #176 (permalink)

NO! NO! NO! I hate waiting......oh well.
luxzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:51 AM   #177 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tblades_17 View Post
Just say no to redemptions!!!
I'd rather see the product and receive autos in a few months than wait another three months.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:48 AM   #178 (permalink)

Me too, especially when you have a deposit that will be held until Leaf decides to release it
Tylerg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:51 PM   #179 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Man really tough on the group breaks going on here, got a lot of people with money that has already been paid for these breaks and the product just keeps getting pushed back, very annoying.
TOMBB25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:43 PM   #180 (permalink)

I hope the actual cards look better than the ones on the sales sheet. The artwork for Hogan, Flair and Nash is horrible, in my opinion.
Attached Thumbnails
2012 Leaf Originals Wrestling updated info-wrestlingoriginals_sellsheet.jpg  
sthoemke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:49 PM   #181 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthoemke View Post
I hope the actual cards look better than the ones on the sales sheet. The artwork for Hogan, Flair and Nash is horrible, in my opinion.
Way old discussion, the artwork on the other cards we have seen has been very good to fantastic. Sell sheet MIGHT be mock-ups, dunno because we haven't actually seen those cards yet.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:01 PM   #182 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoop View Post
Way old discussion, the artwork on the other cards we have seen has been very good to fantastic. Sell sheet MIGHT be mock-ups, dunno because we haven't actually seen those cards yet.
Have promos been released? Got pics?
sthoemke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:09 PM   #183 (permalink)

If you look through the thread I think there was updated photos somewhere.
Reignman40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:32 PM   #184 (permalink)

The release date has been officially moved back to Friday August 31st. 3 more weeks of waiting!
thepick88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:36 AM   #185 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepick88 View Post
The release date has been officially moved back to Friday August 31st. 3 more weeks of waiting!
Until the next delay.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:04 AM   #186 (permalink)

Quote:
Until the next delay.
I hear you. I'm no fan of redemption but when a company pushes a release back more and more, it makes me more and more less excited for it. There is no doubt that this will be a big release for Leaf and will probably sell out. It's just looking like I'll be less and less likely to be one of those that help to make it a success. Especially with DC The Next 52, Walking Dead 2 and Big Bang Theory 3&4 coming soon.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #187 (permalink)

As much as we all hate the release date being pushed back. Leaf hates doing it a 100 times more. All comes down to these guys being lazy and not getting their cards in. Was smart of Leaf to use American Icon signings and others like that to get some done. I'm sure Leaf is sending some of these guys a box a cards, with pens, return postage ect. Making it as simple as possible, but these guys aren't the most reliable to get stuff done in timely manner.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:45 PM   #188 (permalink)

Could care less about pulling hogan and flair. Lets see some product! I just want autos of the other guys
geoffyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:25 PM   #189 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffyb View Post
Could care less about pulling hogan and flair. Lets see some product! I just want autos of the other guys
Yep. Look forward to seeing all the guys getting first cert autos released.

Also with all the different ink colors guys signed with. Going to be lots of variations.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:52 PM   #190 (permalink)

But what happens when this gets pushed back again i can see this being mid sept early pct release
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #191 (permalink)

i will care less and less the longer i have to wait
Old 08-09-2012, 06:30 PM   #192 (permalink)

Spoke with a lady from Leaf today on the phone. She said that their goal is to have it out by the end of August but they can't set a release date except that it will be on a Friday. They were waiting on too many wrestlers to sign but she said she believes it will be out by end of August but couldn't promise that.
lambeauleapfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #193 (permalink)

Wow I just heard from my local card store that he does not expect to have this until September 21. Wow just wow. Any chance of me getting some of this has gone down the tubes I think with it now coming out right when Walking Dead and Big Bang Theory should be coming out. Of well.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:37 PM   #194 (permalink)

I have hundreds tied up in this product. I'm officially pissed.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:47 PM   #195 (permalink)

Quote:
I have hundreds tied up in this product. I'm officially pissed.
I can only imagine. I'd be very angry if I were either hosting a group break or participating in one. I mean wasn't this product supposed to be out by now? No official checklist yet, no real new pictures or info. I mean I like Leaf a lot, but this is getting a bit ridiculous.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:58 PM   #196 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
I can only imagine. I'd be very angry if I were either hosting a group break or participating in one. I mean wasn't this product supposed to be out by now? No official checklist yet, no real new pictures or info. I mean I like Leaf a lot, but this is getting a bit ridiculous.
Was suppose to be out the last week of July I think.

Side note heard Iron Sheik's health is getting worse, and sadly he is broke broke.
chadj88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:26 PM   #197 (permalink)

Saw this posted on another site from Leaf....

2012 Leaf Originals Wrestling - This exciting set has been both a pleasure to work on and a challenge to complete. Due to some issues which are beyond our control (health issues, incarceration and rehab stints), we have had to revise dates to make sure we execute as well as possible. Doing on-card autographs makes this even more challenging, but we know how important this is and remain committed to successful execution. To reduce potential redemption issues, we have elected to push this release back to 9/20/12.
I do apologize for any inconvenience, but hope you will agree that a well executed product is worth waiting for! This product is SOLD OUT.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:32 PM   #198 (permalink)

officially dont give a crap. wwe will be out by then
Old 08-12-2012, 12:21 AM   #199 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnft17 View Post
Saw this posted on another site from Leaf....

2012 Leaf Originals Wrestling - This exciting set has been both a pleasure to work on and a challenge to complete. Due to some issues which are beyond our control (health issues, incarceration and rehab stints), we have had to revise dates to make sure we execute as well as possible. Doing on-card autographs makes this even more challenging, but we know how important this is and remain committed to successful execution. To reduce potential redemption issues, we have elected to push this release back to 9/20/12.
I do apologize for any inconvenience, but hope you will agree that a well executed product is worth waiting for! This product is SOLD OUT.
Wow, so glad I was able to get out after the first push back. Suck to have money tied up in this from early July to late September!k
chadj88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:26 AM   #200 (permalink)

Wish I could get my money back and get two cases of WWE now!
thepick88 is offline   Reply With Quote