Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #351 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkscards View Post
Expect Danell Leyva autographs to skyrocket in the next few days!

P.S. no spoilers about how today is going please!
I've got a bronze Leyva auto I picked up for 18 buckaroos a few weeks back...hoping he does some work this week!
Old 07-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #352 (permalink)

Wow! I sold all 14 sets over the weekend and this morning! Hoping the sales of the relics, pins, etc., will pick up this week. Else it suck since I didn't get in on cheap autos and only hit a decent one in Alex Morgan in all my boxes.
Sushiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:47 PM   #353 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushiyoshi View Post
Wow! I sold all 14 sets over the weekend and this morning! Hoping the sales of the relics, pins, etc., will pick up this week. Else it suck since I didn't get in on cheap autos and only hit a decent one in Alex Morgan in all my boxes.
you suck...only sold 2 of my sets...how much were you charging?? sold on ebay??
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:57 PM   #354 (permalink)

9.99 with free shipping
Someone tried to undercut me at 9.49 with free shipping. I see they sold some but not sure how many.

You can probably get away with higher price if you're a power seller, which I am not. I see people paying $11+.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #355 (permalink)

Gimme an S.. Gimme an E.. Gimme an L.. Gimme another L...

SELL SELL SELL!

Lochte sucking it up big time.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:31 PM   #356 (permalink)

Missy Franklin won gold $$$
Old 07-30-2012, 05:21 PM   #357 (permalink)

Quote:
9.99 with free shipping
Someone tried to undercut me at 9.49 with free shipping. I see they sold some but not sure how many.

You can probably get away with higher price if you're a power seller, which I am not. I see people paying $11+.
i had them at 10 free shipping and only sold one there, sold another at 9.50...

gonna put them at 9 and see what happens, got too many to sell and another 16 box blaster case coming on wed, so probably another 10-12 sets
Old 07-30-2012, 06:18 PM   #358 (permalink)

Only set I sold so far went for 13.83 + shipping! Still gotta get rid of 4 more...
illadelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:11 PM   #359 (permalink)

I sold one at a card show yesterday for $15. Hell, I would rather sell them at a show for $5 then have to deal with listing and posting them.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #360 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igman7 View Post
I sold one at a card show yesterday for $15. Hell, I would rather sell them at a show for $5 then have to deal with listing and posting them.
Man, what I wanna know is how you sold your dwyer gold for $60+ and I can't even get $40 on an auction for it and mine is 15/15...if there isn't godd sniping action on it in 5 hrs, I'm gonna have to relist and steal your listing title...
Old 07-30-2012, 08:18 PM   #361 (permalink)

I am getting 0 watchers on a lot of my relics autos except for Shawn Johnson and Alex Morgan.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:11 PM   #362 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
Man, what I wanna know is how you sold your dwyer gold for $60+ and I can't even get $40 on an auction for it and mine is 15/15...if there isn't godd sniping action on it in 5 hrs, I'm gonna have to relist and steal your listing title...
I've got 2 words for ya.....worldwide shipping.

My gold Phelps is heading to Canada, Dwyer to Japan and the Hope Solo flag patch to Germany.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:15 PM   #363 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igman7 View Post
I've got 2 words for ya.....worldwide shipping.

My gold Phelps is heading to Canada, Dwyer to Japan and the Hope Solo flag patch to Germany.
hmmm...will have to keep that in mind....
Old 07-30-2012, 10:17 PM   #364 (permalink)

Quote:
I am getting 0 watchers on a lot of my relics autos except for Shawn Johnson and Alex Morgan.
nothing huge but got some action on my relics in the last hr before ending...will post up my sales after the next batch goes in a few hrs...not making as much as I thought I would...maybe its the shipping worldwide thing, maybe its the timing of the events...
Old 07-31-2012, 12:18 AM   #365 (permalink)

about 12 unsold relics / autos...but these sold, not the greatest prices, but pretty consistant to others this past week

McFadden bronze relic $8
Rau SHee Warren Bronze Auto $15
Nastia Liukin Flag Patch $15
Mariel Zagunis Relic $3
Carrie Johnson USO Patch $5.74
Brendan Hansen AUto $20
Old 07-31-2012, 05:35 AM   #366 (permalink)

These performances arent helping any of our sales. Heres hoping wieber bounces back and lochte and phelps start dominating. Still think we'll all profit but man....
Fraser9698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:52 AM   #367 (permalink)

More stuff sold nothing huge though...I'm thinking I shoulda waited on the Track and Field stuff and focused on swimming and gymnastics since thats the main focus right now...

Abby Wambach USOC Patch $20
Brendan Hansen Bronze auto $20.50 only 50 cents more than my base auto went)
Carmelita Jeter Auto $25
Jerome Singleton Relic $5
Maya Moore Relic $5.24
Misty may Treanor Relic $9.50
Phil Dalhauser AUto $16.50
Rau Shee Warren Relic $5
Tatyana McFadden Relic $4
Todd Rogers Relic $3
Troy Dumais Relic $3
Old 07-31-2012, 08:25 AM   #368 (permalink)

Nice to see Jeter's autograph prices rising slightly, she used to be a $10-$15 autograph. Happy to be sitting on 2 golds 3 silvers and 3 bronze versions of her autograph. Hopefully she wins a medal or two!
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:58 PM   #369 (permalink)

What's up with these olympic prices so far...pretty weak even for Missy and Ryan...sigh...
messier2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:12 PM   #370 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by messier2 View Post
What's up with these olympic prices so far...pretty weak even for Missy and Ryan...sigh...
Perhaps we overestimated the number of people who would actually buy? I'm a little surprised because it's such a nice-looking set with some really cool inserts, but at the same time, it's easy to forget that the majority of people who watch the Olympics are casual sports fans, at best...certainly not the kind of people who will spend oodles of money on trading cards.

I know it's still early, but I'm starting to feel glad I didn't invest too much in this set. Worst case scenario, I'll have a couple of unique items for my PC and perhaps have lost a few bucks. No big deal...I will be stunned though if my biggest sale ends up being the base Arielle Martin Verhaaren auto that went on my COMC a few weeks back!
Old 07-31-2012, 02:13 PM   #371 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAndrew View Post
Perhaps we overestimated the number of people who would actually buy? I'm a little surprised because it's such a nice-looking set with some really cool inserts, but at the same time, it's easy to forget that the majority of people who watch the Olympics are casual sports fans, at best...certainly not the kind of people who will spend oodles of money on trading cards.

I know it's still early, but I'm starting to feel glad I didn't invest too much in this set. Worst case scenario, I'll have a couple of unique items for my PC and perhaps have lost a few bucks. No big deal...I will be stunned though if my biggest sale ends up being the base Arielle Martin Verhaaren auto that went on my COMC a few weeks back!
I think the country is not totally into the olympics...YET. Maybe next week when more medals are awarded...maybe then people may get "crazy" for these athletes...
messier2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:14 PM   #372 (permalink)

Spoiler for some of the sales in white: US got team gymnastics gold by a pretty wide margin
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:16 PM   #373 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAndrew View Post
This leads me to something I was thinking about. With us that are speculating that the public will be buyers in this market, I don't see the parallel's having much more value than the base. To the ultra-conservative collector, whether the auto is the base or of a limited print run likely won't matter. They just want an auto of their favorite athlete. I don't see many of those people putting together a set or a rainbow. I'm curious as to what others think with respect to the parallel autos.
BillInDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:17 PM   #374 (permalink)

I think as long as I can sell off most of my base sets, I'll be okay...even if I lose a little or keep some of the pieces, I think my kids would like them as this is the first year they kinda understand the olympics...

no matter what happens, even with my blaster case coming tomorrow, I still think I did better than I usually do with football or baseball
Old 07-31-2012, 02:26 PM   #375 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by messier2 View Post
I think the country is not totally into the olympics...YET. Maybe next week when more medals are awarded...maybe then people may get "crazy" for these athletes...
Eh...to be honest, I wouldn't be too optimistic. Gymnastics and swimming will wrap up within a week, and that's where most of the biggest U.S. stars are.

There has also been too much negative buzz surrounding the Games. From the NBC coverage, to Lochte/Phelps falling short of expectations, people are overlooking the GOOD that the U.S. has done so far. What Missy did yesterday was OUTSTANDING. She qualified for the finals in a grueling event and 10 minutes later, turned in a gold medal performance in the 100 Backstroke. That is just absolutely ridiculous, and it's not being fully appreciated because so much attention was placed on Lochte's 4th-place finish.

Twitter has become a cesspool for these Games. 95% of tweets are spoilers, people angry about seeing the spoilers, the shortcomings of the U.S. and NBC absolutely blowing it. It's like people are disappointed when we do well because they need something to complain about.

Sorry for the rant...I just wish people could make a concerted effort to enjoy the Olympics and not rag on the athletes and the media.