Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #476 (permalink)

I only bought a couple of blasters and only listed a USOC Phelps Pin at 99.99 BIN and within 24 hrs it was paid in full...

Still have a few relics I pulled, but not even sure I could get much for them....

Hope Solo Relic

Alicia Sacramone relic and Patch

and a dude I can't recall... Any interest for CHEAP?!?
Lessa99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:47 AM   #477 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igman7 View Post
Insurance will not pay you if they show it as delivered and the person is trying to scam you.

Have you used shipcover insurance? They'll pay out.

anusinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #478 (permalink)

You know I am a wrestling guy that has been dodging these Olympic threads since the release.

Haven't read on them much at all but with Leaf Originals being pushed back, TNA Tristar not yet public released, and Topps WWE not yet released I started to read through the Olympic threads.

It looks like what happened what the only real hype being caused by buyers with plans on selling. I don't think the majority of the public cares too much about owning autographs of Olympic athletes. So as most bought cards early just to resell, the only ones buying were other sellers buying cheap just to try and resell yet again to take advantage at certain times of the games.

It was like a failed experiment and I kinda wish I would have read up on the threads as they were going on as I learned quite a bit over the past couple of days. Of course I am not a dealer by any means and like I said I only collect wrestling. I barely even sell or trade these days but I do love collecting.

You guys have guts for investing in something for the sole purpose of turning a profit. Kudos to everyone who made some money or broke even but I do like the ones that decided to keep a PC as a memento to the Olympic games. That's to me is a pretty good way to look at the Olympics.

6 to go for the 2012 TNA Reflexxions set! Paying well for on card autos I still need.
gentlevader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:37 PM   #479 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

I am starting to finally get rid of all the stuff I had. The things that saved me were the Wieber Gold selling for $199 and the Maya Moore gold selling for $158. The rest went well below their peaks as most ended yesterday. I sold 12 of my 16 sets so far from 12.50 to 10.95. I wonder if I will even be able to move the last 4 or not. I still have one silver set and 2 broze to sell as well. I drug my feet on these as I was busy with work during most of the games.

I probably broke about even which isn't too bad all things considered. The Lolo relic that went for $41 helped too. It was fun but I should have sold when people were hyping these and I had a feeling too many were holding.
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #480 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer12 View Post
I am starting to finally get rid of all the stuff I had. The things that saved me were the Wieber Gold selling for $199 and the Maya Moore gold selling for $158. The rest went well below their peaks as most ended yesterday. I sold 12 of my 16 sets so far from 12.50 to 10.95. I wonder if I will even be able to move the last 4 or not. I still have one silver set and 2 broze to sell as well. I drug my feet on these as I was busy with work during most of the games.

I probably broke about even which isn't too bad all things considered. The Lolo relic that went for $41 helped too. It was fun but I should have sold when people were hyping these and I had a feeling too many were holding.
wow...i think all of my sets have gone at $10 dlvd
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:04 PM   #481 (permalink)

There's wasn't a real buyers market for this stuff. The average american doesn't give one crap about olympian cards. All those june/july buyers were looking to make a profit down the road. The july buyers bought into the hype and speculated that the market would be very hot and lost their shorts in the process.

On the set thing, I don't even want to build another set for $6 profit. I sold a couple during the games, could probably do a few more. I just don't really care.

Last edited by Reignman40; 08-13-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Reignman40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #482 (permalink)

Here's my breakdown. When its all said and done, I made about $900. I'm going to keep a few cards for my PC (Phelps Champions auto, Lochte and Wieber Autos among others) ,however, so really I'm like +600. I bought 2 cases. My first case sucked but I ended up making like $20 on it. When I opened my second case, I thought I would make $200-300 on it during the Olympics. Turns out Lochte and Wieber prices tanked, so I only made like $50 on it. When it's all said and done, I don't really have any regrets. I'll take an extra $600 or so, some nice PC cards and the enjoyment of opening two cases any day. It'll be interesting to see if they'll make any cards for Winter '14. Personally I doubt it, but it would be fun to do this over again.
marlinsfan9108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #483 (permalink)

sold 10 sets last night for $9 each, so after shipping, clear only $5-6 each, but heck, the space I cleared out is almost worth it....down to only 2 full sets and anywhere from 0-10 copies of other base cards
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:53 PM   #484 (permalink)

Not sure how much I made - still selling stuff off, but I definitely made a profit buying mostly retail - probably half a case of hobby and maybe 25 blasters. I was kinda bummed that my Franklin Silver Auto only sold for $96, but then again it came out of a $20 blaster and I am nowhere near as bummed as the dude who paid $450 for one of them. I built a master set with all the inserts and parallels, tucked away a couple of graded Phelps autos for now, and moved on to the next release!