Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Prospect

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 05:09 PM   #151 (permalink)
Member
 
marlinsfan9108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 538
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFD50 View Post
just pulled a Phelps...do I BIN/BO or 7 day auction and let it ride?
Either do BIN now or auction it in two weeks
marlinsfan9108 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:43 PM   #152 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 297
Default

Well you sell it to me for $10, lol. Post it up during the olympics, preferably right in the middle or after his medal assault. That should be the first week of August. I will be doing 24 hour auctions.
Reignman40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:54 AM   #153 (permalink)
Member
 
PalmTree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The 808 State
Posts: 160
Default

So, uh, as I was saying about people gravitating toward the relics as the autograph prices start climbing...

2012 TOPPS OLYMPICS - MISSY FRANKLIN - AMERICAN FLAG PATCH | eBay

PalmTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:35 AM   #154 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnAndrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: ZOO York!
Posts: 5,580
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmTree View Post
So, uh, as I was saying about people gravitating toward the relics as the autograph prices start climbing...

2012 TOPPS OLYMPICS - MISSY FRANKLIN - AMERICAN FLAG PATCH | eBay

Wow! I've got a Missy USOC patch and I'll be thrilled if I even get half that!
__________________
Fan of the Yankees and Syracuse Hoops.
JohnAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:34 AM   #155 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 297
Default

Well eBay is dry. Only junk autos and high BIN's are left. No fun looking anymore.
Reignman40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:40 AM   #156 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John91C View Post
mmmmmmmmmm love me some Alex Morgan!
Alex Morgan: Daughter of Diamond Bar [Back Home] - YouTube
messier2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:46 AM   #157 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 637
Default

I didn't know where to post this but decided this thread was the most relevant.

There is an ebay seller: Kat_nellie with 99+% feedback 30,000. I talked with this seller numerous times about acquiring there Missy Franklin autographs. I tried to get a deal done off ebay but they refused. I made an offer of $320 for the pair which I thought was reasonable. They went on to tell me they wanted $180 each($360 for the pair). I then made an offer of $170 each($340 for the pair) hoping we can make a deal. No response from them. I retracted my offer and decided to offer the $180 each ($360 for the pair) which they had asked for and then they DECLINED my offer. It really annoys me. I'm tempted to buy some of there items and just leave negative feedback. On another note anyone want to sell there Missy Franklin autographs?
RookieFan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:30 AM   #158 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieFan15 View Post
I didn't know where to post this but decided this thread was the most relevant.

There is an ebay seller: Kat_nellie with 99+% feedback 30,000. I talked with this seller numerous times about acquiring there Missy Franklin autographs. I tried to get a deal done off ebay but they refused. I made an offer of $320 for the pair which I thought was reasonable. They went on to tell me they wanted $180 each($360 for the pair). I then made an offer of $170 each($340 for the pair) hoping we can make a deal. No response from them. I retracted my offer and decided to offer the $180 each ($360 for the pair) which they had asked for and then they DECLINED my offer. It really annoys me. I'm tempted to buy some of there items and just leave negative feedback. On another note anyone want to sell there Missy Franklin autographs?
only dealt with them one time and bought an ALy Raisman auto from them, got a decent price so I can't complain
__________________
Not looking for anything specific...usually will just looks through buckets and lists to see what catches my eye.
http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/cardpic
PC: Yao Ming, Chicago Teams, Jessica Burciaga
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:37 AM   #159 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieFan15 View Post
I didn't know where to post this but decided this thread was the most relevant.

There is an ebay seller: Kat_nellie with 99+% feedback 30,000. I talked with this seller numerous times about acquiring there Missy Franklin autographs. I tried to get a deal done off ebay but they refused. I made an offer of $320 for the pair which I thought was reasonable. They went on to tell me they wanted $180 each($360 for the pair). I then made an offer of $170 each($340 for the pair) hoping we can make a deal. No response from them. I retracted my offer and decided to offer the $180 each ($360 for the pair) which they had asked for and then they DECLINED my offer. It really annoys me. I'm tempted to buy some of there items and just leave negative feedback. On another note anyone want to sell there Missy Franklin autographs?
I know you're only getting one but why couldn't you just hit he BIN on ebay for $179?!
messier2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:46 PM   #160 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 637
Default

I did once I saw it. Hopefully I can pick up at least one more. Good luck to all who have purchased any of the autographs!
RookieFan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:10 PM   #161 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 297
Default

The same Kat nellie that put up a BIN of 60 bucks for a Phelps auto a week ago. Man, I was a few minutes late on that and pissed me off. Doesn't he have a profile on here?
Reignman40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:28 PM   #162 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignman40 View Post
The same Kat nellie that put up a BIN of 60 bucks for a Phelps auto a week ago. Man, I was a few minutes late on that and pissed me off. Doesn't he have a profile on here?
If he's so tight about the Missy prices, there is no way in hell he sent the $60 phelps. That was an error and he has to just take whatever or has an "understanding" buyer.
messier2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:52 PM   #163 (permalink)
Member
 
711 Cards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: ATL
Posts: 3,074
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieFan15 View Post
I didn't know where to post this but decided this thread was the most relevant.

There is an ebay seller: Kat_nellie with 99+% feedback 30,000. I talked with this seller numerous times about acquiring there Missy Franklin autographs. I tried to get a deal done off ebay but they refused. I made an offer of $320 for the pair which I thought was reasonable. They went on to tell me they wanted $180 each($360 for the pair). I then made an offer of $170 each($340 for the pair) hoping we can make a deal. No response from them. I retracted my offer and decided to offer the $180 each ($360 for the pair) which they had asked for and then they DECLINED my offer. It really annoys me. I'm tempted to buy some of there items and just leave negative feedback. On another note anyone want to sell there Missy Franklin autographs?
I have her gold auto 13/15. I'll take $600 for it.
__________________
Looking for Jose Peraza, Aaron Judge, & Victor Roache chrome Autos
711 Cards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:31 PM   #164 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 297
Default

Here's the colossal error at $68:

2012 Topps US Olympic Team MICHAEL PHELPS Autograph SP Auto USA Swimming | eBay

Wonder what happened.....
Reignman40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:22 PM   #165 (permalink)
Member
 
hairysasquatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, Central NY
Posts: 3,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignman40 View Post
Here's the colossal error at $68:

2012 Topps US Olympic Team MICHAEL PHELPS Autograph SP Auto USA Swimming | eBay

Wonder what happened.....
Wowzers - and ending time was prime, too!
__________________
"You have to break by the case" Zammos1, 3:16

Last edited by hairysasquatch; 07-18-2012 at 11:24 PM.
hairysasquatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #166 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,024
Default

Ok, question guys: Who's the most overpriced auto based on potential performance?

I hate to say this but it has to be my girl Alex Morgan. The problem is that she's in a TEAM sport. So, if they win the gold (unless she scores the winner or does the Chastain), I just don't see people going crazy at OVER $130 or whatever her auto is at now. Now, I can say this for Wambach and Solo but each of their autos are well under $100 and I see each going for $100 if they win gold.

Who do you guys think is overpriced?
messier2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:51 PM   #167 (permalink)
Member
 
dashcounter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: AZ
Posts: 2,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by messier2 View Post
Ok, question guys: Who's the most overpriced auto based on potential performance?

I hate to say this but it has to be my girl Alex Morgan. The problem is that she's in a TEAM sport. So, if they win the gold (unless she scores the winner or does the Chastain), I just don't see people going crazy at OVER $130 or whatever her auto is at now. Now, I can say this for Wambach and Solo but each of their autos are well under $100 and I see each going for $100 if they win gold.

Who do you guys think is overpriced?
easily alex morgan. i think solo is overpriced right now too. so is lolo jones.
__________________
Always looking for Kevin Johnson Autos, Jerseys, Patches and Parallels

Also looking for Emma Watson and Kat Dennings
dashcounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:05 PM   #168 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 297
Default

I already posted about this but Franklin and Morgan are way too high. Heck all of the autos are overpriced, we'll probably still profit but these are olympians. I can almost justify the price of Phelps and Lochte (depending on performance) as they are transcendent Athletes. I cant figure out whether 10-20 years down the road if this set is a goldmine or a bunch of cardboard. Hype.
Reignman40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:20 PM   #169 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,024
Default

I think the sky's the limit for athletes in Gymnastics, Swimming and Track & Field. Anything else, I just don't see the crazy prices people are predicting.
messier2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:21 PM   #170 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnAndrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: ZOO York!
Posts: 5,580
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignman40 View Post
I already posted about this but Franklin and Morgan are way too high. Heck all of the autos are overpriced, we'll probably still profit but these are olympians. I can almost justify the price of Phelps and Lochte (depending on performance) as they are transcendent Athletes. I cant figure out whether 10-20 years down the road if this set is a goldmine or a bunch of cardboard. Hype.
I would tend to disagree on your first point about Franklin and to a certain extent, Morgan. Missy has some seriously high expectations, but they aren't unwarranted. She is very likely to hit individual gold and on top of that, she has the wholesome and marketable qualities that will put her in the spotlight during and immediately after the Games.

Morgan is such an unusual case study because she is so damn fine. Wambach is really the star of this team and in theory, should be commanding higher prices than Alex and Hope both. But that said...well, let's just say she's no Alex Morgan
__________________
Fan of the Yankees and Syracuse Hoops.
JohnAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:43 PM   #171 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 297
Default

Women's athlete autos don't sell well at all, look at Joyner Kearse or Sue Bird. Missy autos will sell really well-- I agree no doubt about it, people get caught up in the hype. It seems like it'll be a really expensive souvenir/memoir than a sound investment. Most of us are sellers here, I don't see anybody shelling out olympic hype prices.
Reignman40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #172 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignman40 View Post
Women's athlete autos don't sell well at all, look at Joyner Kearse or Sue Bird. Missy autos will sell really well-- I agree no doubt about it, people get caught up in the hype. It seems like it'll be a really expensive souvenir/memoir than a sound investment. Most of us are sellers here, I don't see anybody shelling out olympic hype prices.
I'm done buying. All of the core guys/gals (early prices...before the crazyness now) plus a few sleepers. Fingers crossed that I can sell them off for a massive profit!
messier2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:58 PM   #173 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 297
Default

I'm jealous of all you May/June buyers. Dudes got in on the ground floor. I acquired my 9 Autos through wax and 1 ebay Raisman at $60.
Reignman40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:02 PM   #174 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,188
Default

I'm still waiting on getting my big hit auto from a blaster...
__________________
Not looking for anything specific...usually will just looks through buckets and lists to see what catches my eye.
http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/cardpic
PC: Yao Ming, Chicago Teams, Jessica Burciaga
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:05 PM   #175 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
I'm still waiting on getting my big hit auto from a blaster...
aint going to happen. I opened 14 total blaster with 0 autos. I bought 2 more hobby boxes at $80 this week and hit four autos. Sacramone, Nastia, Brenda villa and a gold maya moore
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.