Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 07:06 PM   #176 (permalink)

Big autos are definitely possible in blasters...that's where I got my Alex Morgan and Hope Solo Gold /15
nomarkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:11 PM   #177 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer12 View Post
aint going to happen. I opened 14 total blaster with 0 autos. I bought 2 more hobby boxes at $80 this week and hit four autos. Sacramone, Nastia, Brenda villa and a gold maya moore
some big autos are being hit...most cases of blasters have had 2-3 auyos in the case...the gamble with the blasters are you may get 0 hits, but you also may get 1, 2 or 3...Including my case of blasters, I've probably bought 32-35 blasters, if you include the 2 hit blasters and the 0 hit blasters, i've probably gotten a total of 26 hits, with 6-7 of them being autos, my best so far is a misty may treanor bronze, but others have hit some doozies
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:32 PM   #178 (permalink)

I've hit four autos in about 30 blasters. Two base, a bronze, and a gold.
Sushiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:55 PM   #179 (permalink)

I have bought 4 blasters. Two had 0 hits. One had 1 hit (USOC Pin) and 1 had 3 hits USOC Pin and one pack in this box had 2 autos a bronze and a regular. This stuff is loaded. Even the blasters that I didn't pull anything in my son and I had a good time opening them.
Tarheel4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:04 PM   #180 (permalink)

Quote:
aint going to happen. I opened 14 total blaster with 0 autos. I bought 2 more hobby boxes at $80 this week and hit four autos. Sacramone, Nastia, Brenda villa and a gold maya moore
My Michael Phelps Gold auto /15 came from a blaster.
Igman7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:06 PM   #181 (permalink)

Wolffer, it's just your luck (or lack of it) bud...
messier2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:35 PM   #182 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by messier2 View Post
Wolffer, it's just your luck (or lack of it) bud...
I doubt it... seems people only post good blasters here not the sh1t ones. Just like with the value boxes last year.
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:41 PM   #183 (permalink)

Pulled a Silver Missy Franklin Auto and Silver Mary Whipple Auto from 2 blasters at Target today - bazinga!
"You have to break by the case" Zammos1 3:16
hairysasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:43 PM   #184 (permalink)

Quote:
I doubt it... seems people only post good blasters here not the sh1t ones. Just like with the value boxes last year.
incorrect, every time i've gotten a blaster with 0 hits, i've posted it

2012 Topps Olympics 16 box blaster box break
(listed the hits for each box, or a no hit box)

2012 Topps Olympic Blaster 3 box break
9no hits in my first 3 blasters)
Old 07-21-2012, 01:45 AM   #185 (permalink)

I wouldn't say that the blasters are "loaded," but I think that they're a pretty solid break, and fun to open (at least to me they are).

If I did the math correctly according to the retail odds, autographs should fall 1:79.25 packs, which is about 1 every 10 blasters. The other hits (relics, commemorative relics, stamps, commemorative medals) combine to fall 1:12.03 packs. Combining everything, hits should fall 1:10.44 packs, a little worse than one per blaster.
PalmTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:54 AM   #186 (permalink)

Totally agree with that statement. 24 pack retail boxes say 1 relic 1 pin/patch/medal per box. Averaging a hit per blaster is pretty much loaded especially considering prices will rise during the olympics.
Reignman40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:56 AM   #187 (permalink)

I've only opened one olympic blaster -- Donny Robinson Commemorative Pin.
Old 07-21-2012, 02:23 AM   #188 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok, question guys: Who's the most overpriced auto based on potential performance?

I hate to say this but it has to be my girl Alex Morgan. The problem is that she's in a TEAM sport. So, if they win the gold (unless she scores the winner or does the Chastain), I just don't see people going crazy at OVER $130 or whatever her auto is at now. Now, I can say this for Wambach and Solo but each of their autos are well under $100 and I see each going for $100 if they win gold.

Who do you guys think is overpriced?
True, she's in in a team sport, but she's also one of the scoring machines on the squad. I believe that she's averaging over a goal per game in international play this year, so she should show up a lot in the highlights. Team members such as Mia Hamm and Brandi Chastain were HUGE after they won gold in '96. And interest in women's soccer has grown even more since then. Also, think of it this way: if you hit a bunch of homers in the World Series, score several TDs in the Super Bowl, or score several goals during the Stanley Cup, people are going to notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashcounter View Post
easily alex morgan. i think solo is overpriced right now too. so is lolo jones.
I think Lolo Jones is overpriced based on performance, but she has a really good story, and she's going to be hyped to the high heavens (pun intended) by NBC. I think she's going to have a hard time medaling, but I think she's going to get a lot of interest by the general public (which hopefully translates into lots of bids on her cards ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignman40 View Post
I already posted about this but Franklin and Morgan are way too high. Heck all of the autos are overpriced, we'll probably still profit but these are olympians. I can almost justify the price of Phelps and Lochte (depending on performance) as they are transcendent Athletes. I cant figure out whether 10-20 years down the road if this set is a goldmine or a bunch of cardboard. Hype.
As an investment, yeah, they're not so great. But I think many people are going to buy them because they get caught up in the hype and want a "piece of the action." Is spending $300 on a Super Bowl Champions commemorative helmet or World Series Champions jacket the best "investment"? Maybe not, but people shell out the money because they get emotional and/or they enjoy the items.

And IMHO, Olympic autographs are terrible investments. Some of the greatest Olympians, like Bruce Jenner, Mark Spitz, and Greg Louganis, have very affordable autographs. Collect them if you like them, but don't expect that you'll be able to resell them for a ton of money.

Quote:
I think the sky's the limit for athletes in Gymnastics, Swimming and Track & Field. Anything else, I just don't see the crazy prices people are predicting.
Maybe not crazy prices, but I can see solid prices for athletes in some of the other sports if they win gold. All sports have fans, and many of these athletes don't have any other cards. There's at least a few athletes where 100% of their active eBay auctions are from this set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignman40 View Post
Women's athlete autos don't sell well at all, look at Joyner Kearse or Sue Bird. Missy autos will sell really well-- I agree no doubt about it, people get caught up in the hype. It seems like it'll be a really expensive souvenir/memoir than a sound investment. Most of us are sellers here, I don't see anybody shelling out olympic hype prices.
Haha, kind of a contradiction to say that female athletes autos don't sell well at all, then to say that Missy autos will sell really well. And you hit the nail on the head with that bolded statement.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:50 AM   #189 (permalink)

So, when are you listing your autos? Tomorrow for 7 days to end when the olympics are going on or doing 1-day auctions at high starting prices (to ensure profit) when a player hits a medal?
messier2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:22 AM   #190 (permalink)

Listing them to end after the first full week is over (7 day auctions with a decent BIN)
Old 07-21-2012, 10:04 AM   #191 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
Listing them to end after the first full week is over (7 day auctions with a decent BIN)
This is a absolutely terrible question....but when do they start.

Also, people with multiple autos of one person, how are you going to manage those auctions? Ive got 5 missy and 5 lochte.
Fraser9698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:15 PM   #192 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser9698 View Post

Also, people with multiple autos of one person, how are you going to manage those auctions? Ive got 5 missy and 5 lochte.
Opening Ceremonies are this upcoming Friday, with competition starting on Saturday. (There are a few sports like soccer which start preliminaries on Wednesday.)

Here's a full schedule from NBC:
Olympic Event Schedules & Results | NBC Olympics
Old 07-21-2012, 05:31 PM   #193 (permalink)

Quote:

I have each one scanned seperately and then marked on the back of the top loader so I know which picture is with each auction...much more time consuming, but I don't want someone coming back at me saying the card i sen is not the same as in the picture/listing
Old 07-21-2012, 06:55 PM   #194 (permalink)

yup got 3 franklin and 4 lochte. Hope to make some money, I sold a missy for 150(pd 65) and holding the rest.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:23 PM   #195 (permalink)

May just throw all of them up at once during opening ceremonies as bin/bo and see what i get. Other than the raisman 1/1, which needs to be a live auction.

Anybody else got specific selling plans?
Old 07-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #196 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

2.99 each starting bid... let them go and see what I can get.. BIN/BO is gay in my opinion I never get offers worth my time.
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:35 AM   #197 (permalink)

Quote:
2.99 each starting bid... let them go and see what I can get.. BIN/BO is gay in my opinion I never get offers worth my time.
Dude, are you 12 or something?
Igman7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #198 (permalink)

<- not a fan of bin/bo....but at the same time i dont have the time to sit and figure out the exact end date for 40+ cards. May just list them randomly.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:44 PM   #199 (permalink)

Quote:
<- not a fan of bin/bo....but at the same time i dont have the time to sit and figure out the exact end date for 40+ cards. May just list them randomly.
sucks more when you have 200+ hits lol too bad most of them suck

Also looking for Emma Watson and Kat Dennings
dashcounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:51 PM   #200 (permalink)

I've already sold most of my Olympic stuff. People are paying great prices now, so listing with high BIN"s OBO would be a good idea IMHO.