Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2009, 12:33 AM   #26 (permalink)

Frank Mir should have won! I'm glad I seen it for free!
Jolietracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:39 AM   #27 (permalink)

Brock beat the crap out of him with ease
gman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:09 AM   #28 (permalink)

Boooooooooooo
Old 07-12-2009, 01:12 AM   #29 (permalink)

Forget Brock.....
Where is Dan "The beast" Severn when you need him
Old 07-12-2009, 01:24 AM   #30 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo675675 View Post
Forget Brock.....
Where is Dan "The beast" Severn when you need him
He's right down the road from me here in Michigan, lol.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:25 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer12 View Post
An inside source has told me you are correct and along with GSP winning too.
Props to the resident gambling guru! Rack up another win! Can't wait for college football baby!!
derek55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:29 AM   #32 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

YouTube - Brock lesner vs Frank Mir post fight interview! UFC 100 by nordge.com July 11th 2009
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:30 AM   #33 (permalink)

glad brock won. but i gotta say it was not a very good fight

so glad he shut up mir

how do you guys feel about brocks behavior before the fight ( not touching gloves during staredown) and after the fight ( not shaking hands with mir)

i respect brock for being himself. what i mean by that is. before alot of the fights they talk so much garbage then afterwards they shake hands and there like best buddies. brock was basically like no way !!! you talked all that garbage before hand and now you want to shake hands ?

brock was very upset about the last fight. he was fed up with mir's smack talk, along with all the "this isnt the wwe" comments

he has gone so far in such little time. the other fighters are simply jealous of his success
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 04:26 AM   #34 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Derek, thanks for the props this guy has some serious connections with fights and is the same guy who gets me advise on hot stock tips too. After hearing him about 2 prior fights I bought in. He has serious connections in NY but it was a nice little parlay for me cause they both were decent favorites but the parlay was -116 easy money which is what I like. I didn't need to waste my time watching the fights because I knew the outcomes before hand.
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:23 PM   #35 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Let Brock play the villain. It will make his next fight that more enticing to watch. He's actually a stand-up guy.
oldgoldy97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 02:52 PM   #36 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to bigboysoffootball

Brock is only a one trick pony all he can do is lay on the guy and hit him in the face. He can't do much more than that if someone can keep the fight standing Brock sucks in the stand up. I'd say chop his legs till he cant walk.
bigboysoffootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:53 PM   #37 (permalink)

Brock still acts likes he's in the WWE, I feel bad for his wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer12 View Post
Derek, thanks for the props this guy has some serious connections with fights and is the same guy who gets me advise on hot stock tips too. After hearing him about 2 prior fights I bought in. He has serious connections in NY but it was a nice little parlay for me cause they both were decent favorites but the parlay was -116 easy money which is what I like. I didn't need to waste my time watching the fights because I knew the outcomes before hand.
who needs connections with a card like that?

I parlayed he whole ppv easily.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:47 PM   #38 (permalink)

hes not a one trick pony , he knocked out randy couture

hes not "playing" the villain. or being "wwe" he can care less what anyone says . he was upset and was just letting off some steam

quite simply he is the "man" right now

only guys i can see beating him is barnett or fedor and neither are in the ufc
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:10 PM   #39 (permalink)

I hope he's the man when there's really not that much competition

he TKO'd Couture who was 45 at the time. Also Couture has been knocked out 5 times so it's not the biggest deal.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:39 PM   #40 (permalink)

im interested to see what his chin is like....can he handle the power that shane carwin has behind his puches? brock really hasnt got his chin tested yet.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:31 PM   #41 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
hes not a one trick pony , he knocked out randy couture

hes not "playing" the villain. or being "wwe" he can care less what anyone says . he was upset and was just letting off some steam

quite simply he is the "man" right now

only guys i can see beating him is barnett or fedor and neither are in the ufc
I guess playing the villain wasn't what I really meant. I agree that he doesn't care what people think and that's what makes him the "villian" in peoples' eyes. And if Shaq can score 30 a night with nothing but dunks, why would he start shooting threes? So why should Brock do something other than what is working? Just to make some in the audience less bored?
oldgoldy97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:59 PM   #42 (permalink)

thought i would share this with everyone

UFC Heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar defended his title against Frank Mir in the main event of the ballyhooed UFC 100 pay per view Saturday, doing so with revenge on his mind and zero certified autographs on his checklist.

The former World Wrestling Entertainment phenomenon, who also tried his hand at the National Football League before entering mixed martial arts, avenged the only loss of his five-fight MMA career in brutal fashion with a second-round TKO.

Lesnar, arguably the most decorated crossover athlete in trading card history, has appeared on 54 licensed trading cards across three major organizations – the WWE, the NFL and now the UFC. Yet his first certified autograph, a card that most certainly would rank as a product-making coup driving sales and upward price guide values, remains the bane of many a product developer’s existence.

“His first certified autograph would be a $250 card, easy,” said one industry executive with intimate knowledge of the autograph acquisition process. “And right now, considering the incredible hype surrounding him and his fight at UFC 100, that number probably is extremely conservative.”

According to a source close to the development of Topps’ wildly successful UFC Round 1 and its anticipated follow up set to release in August, the reason Lesnar’s signatures are so elusive can be summed up in two words: Vince McMahon.

As the story goes, Lesnar allegedly was forced to sign so many autographs as part of his contract with the WWE that he grew tired of the practice and now essentially refuses to do so, at least in quantity. Another rumored explanation is that Lesnar’s per-autograph cost is simply too cost-prohibitive for manufacturers.

Whether or not those explanations are valid doesn’t change the fact that one of the most accomplished professional athletes of the 21st century has no autographed trading cards. Highlighting what he does have are 11 memorabilia cards – ranging in value from $8-$50 – from a handful of WWE Fleer products, four 2004 NFL Rookie Cards (Sweet Spot #203 at $25 and Playoff Honors #173 at $20 are his best) and a $60 2004 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity Holofoil parallel limited to just 25 copies.

Lesnar’s best UFC card to date, a Silver parallel of his base issue limited to 288 copies and chronicling his February 2008 debut against Mir, is currently valued at $7.50.