Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2009, 09:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,559
Default 4 box sport kings break

didnt see any sport kings in the other sports box breaks section so posting here

i finally opened them up. very happy with what i got.
2 boxes of series a
2 boxes series b

first the base

(minis)
jean beliveau
ernie banks
bart starr
john wooden



(base)



andre the giant
sugar ray
don carter
magic johnson
pete rose .................. my faveorite player !!!!!!! yes !!!!
bob beamon
nigel mansell
georges vezina
juan marichal
gary carter
arnold palmer
mark messier
jean beliveau
meadowlark lemon
john elway yellow background ?
bobby hull yellow background ?


the hits !!!!!!!!

(game used auto)

annie duke
tony dorsett
don mattingly


(game used)

deion sanders
deion sanders football/baseball dual nice !!!!!!!!
troy aikman
mario andretti


(autographs !!!!!!!!!!!!!)


amanda beard
michael irvin
bart starr


and my 2 monster hits !!!!!!!! my faveorites !!!!!! joe frazier and randy couture
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,559
Default

















mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,176
Default

Congrats! Those are some nice hits.

So you opened some Series A and Series B. Did you like one over the other?
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,176
Default

I just noticed you had question marks beside those "yellow background" cards. To my knowledge there are no variations with the base and mini cards in Series A or B. In Series C that will be live in two weeks however, there will be silver and gold background variations of the mini cards only.
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
Congrats! Those are some nice hits.

So you opened some Series A and Series B. Did you like one over the other?
hmmmmmm i dont know i was so excited with my hits i cant remember what came from what box. but yes them 2 have yellow backgrounds ? the only 2 , so thats whay i ask.
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
hmmmmmm i dont know i was so excited with my hits i cant remember what came from what box. but yes them 2 have yellow backgrounds ? the only 2 , so thats whay i ask.
It's a good question. SK used different color backgrounds for several of their cards, but not more than one color per card. Without opening a lot more boxes, collectors might think they have rarities.

Just know that if you open some Series C, those silver and gold minis are rare as there are only 7 silver versions and 3 gold versions of each mini base card.
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,176
Default

Also, there's an Annie Duke collector in this forum that would probably buy that auto mem from you. If you're wanting to sell it, you might start a new thread in the "buy/sell/trade" section with "Annie Duke SK auto-mem card for sale" in the title.

Take care,

Matt
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
Also, there's an Annie Duke collector in this forum that would probably buy that auto mem from you. If you're wanting to sell it, you might start a new thread in the "buy/sell/trade" section with "Annie Duke SK auto-mem card for sale" in the title.

Take care,

Matt
yes i know. they have been contacted already. i had no idea who she was ? until i looked her up.

but im glad i finally opened these up. my room really does looks like a hobby shop. i got so much to open. looking forward to series c .

i found it really interesting that the frazier and couture came out of the same box.
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
derek55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
Also, there's an Annie Duke collector in this forum that would probably buy that auto mem from you. If you're wanting to sell it, you might start a new thread in the "buy/sell/trade" section with "Annie Duke SK auto-mem card for sale" in the title.

Take care,

Matt
Hey, thanks for thinking of me! Did you know there is a Sportkings 1/1 collector on this forum as well? If anyone pulls them, they might want to start a new thread in the "buy/sell/trade" section with "Sportkings 1/1 card for sale" in the title.
derek55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 05:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek55 View Post
Hey, thanks for thinking of me! Did you know there is a Sportkings 1/1 collector on this forum as well? If anyone pulls them, they might want to start a new thread in the "buy/sell/trade" section with "Sportkings 1/1 card for sale" in the title.
Derek,

Are you asking me if I know there's a SK 1/1 collector here besides me?

I was actually thinking of you. I wasn't sure if you'd see this thread, but knew you'd notice an "Annie Duke for sale" thread.

I hope you aren't being "abrasive" again here.

Matt
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
derek55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
Derek,

Are you asking me if I know there's a SK 1/1 collector here besides me?

I was actually thinking of you. I wasn't sure if you'd see this thread, but knew you'd notice an "Annie Duke for sale" thread.

I hope you aren't being "abrasive" again here.

Matt
Matt,

Let me tell you the polite way to think of me in these situations: pm the seller or pm me instead. When you suggest that the seller starts a new thread, you're essentially asking them to wave their hands in the air like crazy to everyone on here. Furthermore, I didn't see my name mentioned by you... very strange and of course convenient now that you think I'm being "abrasive", which I think is another word that starts with the letter "a": absurd. Rather than being abrasive, I was being sarcastic. Everyone knows you're the Sportkings rare card collector just like most everyone knows I'm the Sportkings poker card collector on here. There's a reason people pm you in advance when they pull the rare cards, just like this very thoughtful and well-remembered guy pm'd me right away. Therefore, if your intentions truly are to help me, a simple "derek55 would want that card" or a pm will do next time, unless you want me to stick my head into every thread that contains a Sportkings 1/1 and suggest they start a whole new one offering the card for sale. Why is it that we can all name the Boggs collector (iluvfish2) or the McFadden collector (brentandbecca) in threads but somehow my name doesn't get mentioned here?

I'm getting really tired of this, Matt. Will you please pm me or e-mail me the next time you feel like you're being attacked? You deserved my sarcasm based on what I mentioned: if you were truly thinking of me and not anyone else, than a simple mention of my name is the least you can do. I always directly mention "mwheeler27" on your behalf; I'd appreciate the same courtesy, thank you.
derek55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek55 View Post
Matt,

Let me tell you the polite way to think of me in these situations: pm the seller or pm me instead. When you suggest that the seller starts a new thread, you're essentially asking them to wave their hands in the air like crazy to everyone on here. Furthermore, I didn't see my name mentioned by you... very strange and of course convenient now that you think I'm being "abrasive", which I think is another word that starts with the letter "a": absurd. Rather than being abrasive, I was being sarcastic. Everyone knows you're the Sportkings rare card collector just like most everyone knows I'm the Sportkings poker card collector on here. There's a reason people pm you in advance when they pull the rare cards, just like this very thoughtful and well-remembered guy pm'd me right away. Therefore, if your intentions truly are to help me, a simple "derek55 would want that card" or a pm will do next time, unless you want me to stick my head into every thread that contains a Sportkings 1/1 and suggest they start a whole new one offering the card for sale. Why is it that we can all name the Boggs collector (iluvfish2) or the McFadden collector (brentandbecca) in threads but somehow my name doesn't get mentioned here?

I'm getting really tired of this, Matt. Will you please pm me or e-mail me the next time you feel like you're being attacked? You deserved my sarcasm based on what I mentioned: if you were truly thinking of me and not anyone else, than a simple mention of my name is the least you can do. I always directly mention "mwheeler27" on your behalf; I'd appreciate the same courtesy, thank you.
I'm getting real tired of this too Derek.

Last I checked, there were other SK poker collectors in this forum, just like there are other certain SK 1/1 collectors. I never said that I was only thinking of you. The OP mentioned that "they" have been contacted. I'm glad he got ahold of you guys. I was trying to help him and you at the same time. I didn't know you guys were already connected. Remember, you're not only thinking about me when rare SK 1/1s are available. In fact, you're doing all you can to help someone other than me.

I don't care if you "stick your head" into threads that contain SK 1/1s and offer advice. I have not mentioned the names of the Boggs or McFadden collectors before in threads, so don't insinuate I left your name out on purpose when I would mention other names in other threads.

I understand what you're saying about drawing too much attention because that benefits you, but that doesn't help the seller.

For the record, you can have everyone start a new thread boldly stating they have SK 1/1s for sale. I'm ready to take that bull by the horns and help sellers get top dollar for cards I want. No need sneaking around with PMs and the like. When 1/1s are mentioned here, let's let everyone know. I'm ready.

There's no need for sarcasm or abrasive behavior. Let's just do what benefits everyone in this forum the most. What do you say?
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:42 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
guru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Central, KY
Posts: 15,731
Default





The Joe Frazier & Bart Starr Autographs are SOLD!... to me.
__________________
Follow me on Twitter - @ebayguruEric

Now Collecting: Ken Griffey Jr. & Kevin Garnett
guru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,176
Default

Congrats Guru! Those are two very nice cards.
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,559
Default

sport kings does multi sport right.

i wish allen ginter was more like this.

i know its mainly a baseball product. but they should really consider adding much more multisprt cards to it. the big foot, invisible man, etc.etc. cards are just ridiculous


2006 checklist was great too bad i missed out on it
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,559
Default

these have been listed on ebay for anyone interested.
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.