Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

View Poll Results: You think it would be a good idea for topps to make Finest, Triple Threads, & Chrome?
Yes to these products 18 81.82%
No to these products 4 18.18%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default WWE Thread With New Ideas Poll

I have written Topps before and asked them if they ever thought about making Topps Finest, Topps Chrome, or Topps Triple Threads for a WWE product, I never got a response. I was just wondering if anyone else thinks this is a good or bad idea. I think all three would be huge hits if they were to make them. Just trying to get some feedback and
nera20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

I posted this just to get feedback these are awesome products!
Old 07-21-2012, 12:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

If they can get most of the wrestlers to sign and some of the HHH/Jericho/Taker types that rarely sign to be live cards even if they are very few, then yes.
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
If they can get most of the wrestlers to sign and some of the HHH/Jericho/Taker types that rarely sign to be live cards even if they are very few, then yes.
Jericho seems like he signs, to get an epic set that has Undertaker, HHH, Stone Cold, and The Rock to all sign would be amazing! Even if they don't get all the signers those three sets at the right price range would be awesome. There really hasn't ever been a true high end WWE set. Triple Threads would be a good one I think.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

Personally I'm okay when the autograph checklists don't always contain guys like Jericho, HHH, Undertaker, SCSA, etc. because it keeps the values of their autographed cards high. If we start to see an autograph of them every year their prices will drop significantly. If you wanted my opinion I'd prefer a Finest set. They've done chrome type cards with the Heritage sets before and Platinum a couple of years ago so this idea might not be as far fetched as we think.

Bucket (under construction) http://s869.photobucket.com/albums/ab252/golfinglegend/
golfinglegend67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfinglegend67 View Post
Personally I'm okay when the autograph checklists don't always contain guys like Jericho, HHH, Undertaker, SCSA, etc. because it keeps the values of their autographed cards high. If we start to see an autograph of them every year their prices will drop significantly. If you wanted my opinion I'd prefer a Finest set. They've done chrome type cards with the Heritage sets before and Platinum a couple of years ago so this idea might not be as far fetched as we think.
Yeah Finest would be awesome. Triple threads would be nice to see with all the patches and maybe some cut autos of wrestlers who have passed away
Old 07-21-2012, 01:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

if there is a kane/pete rose dual auto then yes
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:58 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15jrich23 View Post
if there is a kane/pete rose dual auto then yes
That would be a very cool autograph. I mainly started this thread just to see if anyone else had similiar interest in a new WWE product. Considering how popular the WWE is I think a Finest, Chrome, or Triple Threads would do great.
Old 07-21-2012, 02:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nera20 View Post
Yeah Finest would be awesome. Triple threads would be nice to see with all the patches and maybe some cut autos of wrestlers who have passed away
I'd be interested to see what kind of price point they would put on a wrestling version of Triple Threads. Cut autographs are definitely a cool idea, I'd love to see some of those although not at the expense of cutting up older autographed cards like some companies do. I want an Owen Hart in the worst way although I doubt we'll see him in a WWE product anytime soon.

Bucket (under construction) http://s869.photobucket.com/albums/ab252/golfinglegend/
Old 07-21-2012, 02:08 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
I'd be interested to see what kind of price point they would put on a wrestling version of Triple Threads. Cut autographs are definitely a cool idea, I'd love to see some of those although not at the expense of cutting up older autographed cards like some companies do. I want an Owen Hart in the worst way although I doubt we'll see him in a WWE product anytime soon.
I would think that they would be able to find old checks, old documents, etc to make cut autos like sp legendary cuts did in baseball. I think Triple Threads if they made it a $130 to $160 box and didn't over produce the product I think it would do well. Its just my opinion though.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:10 PM   #11 (permalink)

One problem with cut signatures and wrestling is stage names no one wants a Rodney Anoai auto which would be on a check, but a Yokozuna they would want. I do like the idea but I also don't think wrestling fans would pay high end prices,you would probably have to keep the cost below $100 a box, they did pay mid grade prices with platinum which was a descent set. Good topic !
I personally would like a Topps Finest WWE set
ericarizona51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:12 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't think you will ever see an Owen Hart cut. Especially on a licensed product due to the Martha Hart lawsuits against the WWE, which still havent concluded.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:21 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericarizona51 View Post
I don't think you will ever see an Owen Hart cut. Especially on a licensed product due to the Martha Hart lawsuits against the WWE, which still havent concluded.
That's kind of what I was referring to. I know he has the one from like '98 that I'd like to pick up if I can ever find one that is in decent condition in my price range.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:27 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
That's kind of what I was referring to. I know he has the one from like '98 that I'd like to pick up if I can ever find one that is in decent condition in my price range.
what set is it from?
Old 07-21-2012, 04:30 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
what set is it from?
I believe it's the 1998 Comic Images set. That set also has autographs from The Rock and Hawk among others. I've got The Rock from that set but the Owen and Hawk are very high on my list.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:31 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
what set is it from?
I think it was from the 1998 Duocardz.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:36 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Owen Hart Comic Images certified autographed card NRMNT WWF WWE | eBay
Old 07-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #18 (permalink)

Yeah, I've seen those. I'm contemplating putting a bid in on that one but can't decide yet. The corners look good but I can't really tell. The back looks pretty typical with the chipping on the edges.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:51 PM   #19 (permalink)

I would love all three of those products!
Philippians 4:13
http://s1001.photobucket.com/home/shawnholmes2003/allalbums
mavsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:13 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan View Post
I would love to see Topps Finest!! Triple Threads would be my second choice.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:47 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan View Post
If enough people write to topps maybe they will make this happen
Old 07-22-2012, 08:05 PM   #22 (permalink)

its not worth topps time
how many cases of basic topps wwe do they make ? less than 1k?

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:16 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
its not worth topps time
how many cases of basic topps wwe do they make ? less than 1k?
Not sure, I think if they did it right those products would do good, there is such a big following for wrestling.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:01 PM   #24 (permalink)

Some good feedback so far.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:07 PM   #25 (permalink)

bump up..........