Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2012, 05:16 PM   #76 (permalink)

MORGAN unbelievable
Reignman40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:21 PM   #77 (permalink)

Just missed seeing the goal live, first row mobile streaming is pretty tough to get the ads to close, but saw some replays. Did US face Japan last year on the World Cup final also?
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:28 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Did US face Japan last year on the World Cup final also?
Yeah, Japan won on PK's
mikestrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:59 PM   #79 (permalink)

I love Alex Morgan but I have 3 of her autos...sell??? Argh...decision, decisions!
messier2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:02 PM   #80 (permalink)

1 or 2 right now, keep one for the gold celebration on thursday or for your collection. her prices will never be higher, well unless she scores another game winner.
Reignman40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:24 PM   #81 (permalink)

bronze alex morgan auto only went for 119
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #82 (permalink)

Damn. All I have to say. A hat trick from the greatest women's soccer player ever still couldn't win us the game. Hope Sincy gets the bronze. But damn
Old 08-07-2012, 12:13 AM   #83 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Strasburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAndrew View Post
Yup, that's really too bad...her vault in the team finals will go down as one of the defining moments of the Games, though. She's a rock star -- people won't soon forget her.

I'm ready to see what our team will look like in Rio! I think I remember seeing that Gabby will be back, you HAVE to figure Jordyn will give it another go too...McKayla and Kyla are thick as thieves -- my guess is we'll see either both of them or neither. Not sure about Ali...was she the oldest on the team this year?
Maroney will defiantly be back as she is one of the best vaulters there is..plus she's still young.
Sent from U.S Airways WiFi
Strasburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:16 AM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strasburg View Post
Maroney will defiantly be back as she is one of the best vaulters there is..plus she's still young.
Like I said before in my essay, only way she doesn't come back is if she is blown away by other offers since she is now a celebrity, and doesn't spend the necessary time in the gym. Even though she has said she wants to try acting, I'd be shocked after how this Olympics ended for her if she wasn't back in the gym within 6 months, and on the Worlds team in 2013, putting her in good position to be on the team in Rio.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:53 AM   #85 (permalink)

Douglas isn't living up to her all-around gold in the event finals, dead last on the bars and second to last on the beam.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Old 08-07-2012, 01:22 PM   #86 (permalink)

RAISMAN. One of the most incredible displays of mental toughness, leadership and grace from ANYONE, let alone an 18-year old girl, that you will ever see over a period and a half.

- Beats best friend fair and square for a spot in all-around. Doesn't act apologetic, doesn't act arrogant. Treats the situation perfectly as media paints it as "Shocking", basically ignoring the fact Raisman even got the spot.

- Wins team Gold with a fantastic performance as team captain, clinching it with a tremendous floor routine.

- Struggles in individual all-around with all the pressure in the world to show she's deserving. TIES for third...LOSES tie-breaker. No begging for pity. No excuses

- Watches her teammate Gabby Douglas win all-around and grab all the attention from America, no hard feelings, just abundant congratulations.

- Watches her other best friend blow the Gold she was basically guaranteed to win.

- Appears to have fallen just short in the beam finals after getting underscored. Review gives her Bronze, not exactly the most ideal way to win a medal.

- Wins the first American Gold in floor EVER. Become's the first American EVER to win three medals and two golds in one olympics. And she does it with one of the best routines she will ever do.

Movies couldn't create a character story line like that over a two week period. Remarkable.

Last edited by pkscards; 08-07-2012 at 01:25 PM.
pkscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:24 PM   #87 (permalink)

Perhaps, for the 2016 Olympics in Rio, we bring back the original Fab Five. That's right! When some Italian crash lands in his first vault attempt, they'll pan the cameras to Jalen Rose running his mouth (surprise!) and we'll know EXACTLY what got in that jabroni's head. I'm talking Chris Webber doing something -- ANYTHING -- on a freakin' pommel horse. And it's a good thing Juwan Howard's been keeping so spry in his garbage minutes with the Heat because he's about to KILL IT in the floor exercise.

C'mon people, let's make this happen

Old 08-07-2012, 01:25 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAndrew View Post
Perhaps, for the 2016 Olympics in Rio, we bring back the original Fab Five. That's right! When some Italian crash lands in his first vault attempt, they'll pan the cameras to Jalen Rose running his mouth (surprise!) and we'll know EXACTLY what got in that jabroni's head. I'm talking Chris Webber doing something -- ANYTHING -- on a freakin' pommel horse. And it's a good thing Juwan Howard's been keeping so spry in his garbage minutes with the Heat because he's about to KILL IT in the floor exercise.

C'mon people, let's make this happen

Lol, they couldn't be much worse than this disaster of a men's team they put out this year. Outside of Leyva, just awful.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:32 PM   #89 (permalink)

Looks like US gym volleyball is going to lose in straight sets to Italy.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #90 (permalink)

At least Canada got a bronze. If only norwegians didn't hate Canada so much.

This tournament has been a farce with refereeing like that.

Canada should be playing, we all know it.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #91 (permalink)

What time and channel is the championship women's soccer game? Thanks.
sesmarine04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesmarine04 View Post
What time and channel is the championship women's soccer game? Thanks.
In 75 minutes, probably Versus/NBC Sports.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:42 PM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
In 75 minutes, probably Versus/NBC Sports.
thank you, hopefully I'll be home to catch the end
sesmarine04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:08 PM   #94 (permalink)

Canada should just boycott the Closing Ceremonies. They've gotten horrible officiating calls against them. Absolute #@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@.