Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 11:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Default Jordyn weiber

Jordyn weiner is out of the all-around. Might want to hurry and dump her cards because I firewall a big hit :/
mh01460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

I wish there were Maroney autographs...
Old 07-29-2012, 11:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkscards View Post
I wish there were Maroney autographs...
Wish granted

mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Weiber* and I meant to say I predict a big hit. Dumb spell check
Old 07-29-2012, 11:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Wish granted

I wonder if they're related.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:08 AM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

Quote:
I wonder if they're related.
I really hope you're not serious here.... because this is McKayla Maroney

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Phil Simms Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:49 AM   #7 (permalink)

yup, weiber card are down 65%, dump. 125-65 in one day

Last edited by ebacardi2; 07-30-2012 at 10:51 AM.
ebacardi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:13 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacardi2 View Post
yup, weiber card are down 65%, dump. 125-65 in one day
Amazing...and just think, she was the surest of sure bets to medal two nights ago. The two representatives per country rule doesn't make any sense to me. Hopefully we bring it in the team competition and she gets some hardware!
Old 07-30-2012, 11:25 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAndrew View Post
Amazing...and just think, she was the surest of sure bets to medal two nights ago. The two representatives per country rule doesn't make any sense to me. Hopefully we bring it in the team competition and she gets some hardware!
The people selling Weiber now are crazy! Selling when she just lost but could still medal next week?! Sounds like a suicide plan to me!
messier2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by messier2 View Post
The people selling Weiber now are crazy! Selling when she just lost but could still medal next week?! Sounds like a suicide plan to me!
Honestly, I think the only way her autos get a bounce at this point is if we get GOLD. The sad reality is that silver is just never good enough for the major U.S. sports. Considering the lofty expectations everyone had for Wieber, if she leaves with a single silver medal, it will be a major disappointment.

I'm not saying that's the way it should be. I feel bad for the girl and she was merely an unfortunate victim of circumstance in this competition. It makes no sense that one of the top five gymnasts at the Games should not be allowed to compete in the all-around because two of her teammates barely scored higher than her this time around...but it is what it is.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:36 PM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

also important to point out is that Wieber's score was third on her team, but 4th highest of ALL COMPETITORS, but she's out of the event, fourth highest score and can't compete for a medal, why, because the IOC doesn't want one country to go 1-2-3 in the all-around, suck it Rogge, that man is terrible

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Phil Simms Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:39 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy View Post
also important to point out is that Wieber's score was third on her team, but 4th highest of ALL COMPETITORS, but she's out of the event, fourth highest score and can't compete for a medal, why, because the IOC doesn't want one country to go 1-2-3 in the all-around, suck it Rogge, that man is terrible
Amen. This is an absolute travesty.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:05 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy View Post
I really hope you're not serious here.... because this is McKayla Maroney

Not serious, i just tend to make way too many stupid jokes about black guys with Irish names. They're probably just as closely related as Shaquille and Tatum O'Neal.

That being said...absolute travesty that Jordyn can't advance. The rule makes absolutely ZERO sense to me, and I see no respectable reasons why it exists other than to keep the powerhouses off the podium. USA would've had an outside chance to sweep the all-around medals (if the good Russians had bad days and the Americans had great days), but now they've lost one of their best gold medal contenders...and may not even get two people on the podium if Gabby or Aly have an off day.

Anyways, the team wasn't there best yesterday and still had a comfy margin over Russia in qualification...and China and Romania weren't even close. So long as Jordyn stays focused and sharpens her routines, Gabby doesn't make a major mistake on floor again, and Aly stays consistent...they will win Gold and both Jordyn and Aly's autograph prices will stay high.

On another note, McKAYLA Maroney is the best vaulter of all-time. I love how if she wanted to she could add another half twist to her vault and make it a triple but knows she has the gold in the bag with the two-and-a-half, which she does perfectly, and just doesn't want to take the risk of a more difficult vault.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
Inactive Account

If you are still holding on to Weiber that's a suicide plan. Even if she wins gold in team that will do little to raise her stock. Shawn Johnson and Nastia luken didn't create such a buzz because if the team events, they went hard in the individuals. If it dropped from 125 to 65 in one night even with a team gold it won't go past 75. Drop her now an save face.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Not serious, i just tend to make way too many stupid jokes about black guys with Irish names. They're probably just as closely related as Shaquille and Tatum O'Neal.
If Darren McFadden isn't the name of a grouchy bartender in a grimy Northside Dublin pub, I don't know what is
Old 07-31-2012, 12:01 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Amen. This is an absolute travesty.
Here is a decent article regarding Jordyn: Jordyn Wieber, Olympics 2012: The two-per-country rule that eliminated the United States? most-decorated gymnast is totally indefensible.
I don't agree it's a travesty however. The rule has been in place since '04. It's known, right or wrong, and crying about it after the fact is gutless. I feel bad for Jordyn, but she didn't perform her best when she needed it.
Current Needs: Drew Bledsoe 2009 BTL Auto's O,T,S; Buybacks; Butler Bulldogs (Gordon Hayward, Shelvin Mack, Matt Howard); Looking for the following: Alfonzo Dennard '12 TC Superfractor; Chandler Jones '12 TC and Bowman Sterling Superfractors; Please PM me with details
ssbledsoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:24 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbledsoe View Post
Here is a decent article regarding Jordyn: Jordyn Wieber, Olympics 2012: The two-per-country rule that eliminated the United States? most-decorated gymnast is totally indefensible.
I don't agree it's a travesty however. The rule has been in place since '04. It's known, right or wrong, and crying about it after the fact is gutless. I feel bad for Jordyn, but she didn't perform her best when she needed it.
I do agree with you on that...it's an awful rule, obviously, but it was the rule going in and obviously the three of them knew one would not make it to the final, so it wasn't a suprise.

If Aly had finished fourth she wouldn't have gotten in either and that would've been just as much of a joke, but nobody would be talking about it because she was considered the third best of the three.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:54 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
I do agree with you on that...it's an awful rule, obviously, but it was the rule going in and obviously the three of them knew one would not make it to the final, so it wasn't a suprise.

If Aly had finished fourth she wouldn't have gotten in either and that would've been just as much of a joke, but nobody would be talking about it because she was considered the third best of the three.
Precisely. Everyone's caught up with the, "Jordyns the reigning world champion stuff".
Current Needs: Drew Bledsoe 2009 BTL Auto's O,T,S; Buybacks; Butler Bulldogs (Gordon Hayward, Shelvin Mack, Matt Howard); Looking for the following: Alfonzo Dennard '12 TC Superfractor; Chandler Jones '12 TC and Bowman Sterling Superfractors; Please PM me with details
ssbledsoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:07 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Excellent point -- agree 110%.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:40 AM   #20 (permalink)

Aly's an outstanding gymnast and should medal in the all-around. She was FOURTH in the world last year and has gotten better, no reason why she shouldn't have been allowed to compete all-around.

It just bugs me that the general public and media is all up in arms about this rule just because it's Jordyn and not Aly, or even Gabby that got screwed. The US has 3 of the top 4 or 5 gymnasts in the world, they should all be given a fair chance to medal, and not have to worry about competing with eachother.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:16 AM   #21 (permalink)

Anyone watch the competition last night? My GF had tears watching it all and I got caught up too...now where are the damn price spikes?! GRR!!!
messier2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:44 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Oh it's just the IOC dumbing it all down in the name of "fairness"... These new rule is kind of like class basketball to me. The best isn't necessarily going to win gold as Jordan's score was better than some of the top two from other countries, but due to this stupid rule she's out.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:53 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by messier2 View Post
Anyone watch the competition last night? My GF had tears watching it all and I got caught up too...now where are the damn price spikes?! GRR!!!
Yup, they were absolutely brilliant. True olympic champions, maybe the best team of all time. Unbelievable.