Blowout Cards Forums
MEM MADNESS

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Any MLS fans out there?

I've decided to redirect most of my PCing and sports card needs and figured MLS was the way to go...inexpensive games, dedicated fan base, and many opportunities for IP autos from relatively high-end players. If anyone wants to chat or show off their stash (or wants to see mine), just say the word or post away!!!

Always looking for Galaxy and soccer autos & patches!
KingTaco77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

I want to see your stash
You got any red bulls base?
Old 08-05-2012, 09:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

Wish Minneapolis had a MLS team. My wife loves the beautiful game, and I'm fairly partial to it as well. Plus, anything sports related that she enjoys = big bonus.

Soccer pictures by akarlen - Photobucket

Also, many of the MLS and (ex?) WPS stars are great about TTM. Here are some of the custom cards we've created and had returned to us:
Custom TTM pictures by akarlen - Photobucket
HIGH END VHTG:: http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/akarlen2/library/
akarlen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:25 AM   #4 (permalink)

I only have a bunch of 2008 Upper Deck stuff lying around but I'm a Union season ticket holder... well I'm going to be moving across country soon so I will be a past season ticket holder.

I'm looking to try out some of the new UD soccer products. Has anyone heard rumors of Panini producing USMNT cards or EPL since UD is mainly focusing on MLS?
neahcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:38 AM   #5 (permalink)

As for Panini producing EPL cards they simply can't, not for the moment anyways.

Topps (making card games for kids) have the licence for the english premier league however this licence ends at the end of the upcoming 2012/2013 season as far as I know.

Panini I'm sure will challenge for this licence and hopefully they will get it as we need some premium sets from the EPL
Portlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

Ive got a decent amount of IP autos of MLS players starting from 2009-Present since Seattle Sounders have been in the MLS
Old 08-08-2012, 08:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTaco77 View Post
I've decided to redirect most of my PCing and sports card needs and figured MLS was the way to go...inexpensive games, dedicated fan base, and many opportunities for IP autos from relatively high-end players. If anyone wants to chat or show off their stash (or wants to see mine), just say the word or post away!!!
I love the MLS! I'm closest to Sporting KC, and I've actually got just about the entire team TTM. There are actually quite a few MLS guys that do TTM, which is kind of cool

Good luck with your new PC!
ljack3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:15 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neahcrow View Post
I only have a bunch of 2008 Upper Deck stuff lying around but I'm a Union season ticket holder... well I'm going to be moving across country soon so I will be a past season ticket holder.

I'm looking to try out some of the new UD soccer products. Has anyone heard rumors of Panini producing USMNT cards or EPL since UD is mainly focusing on MLS?
UD MLS just came out...tried a box and it was supremely sweet! Hopefully upcoming products will have the same quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portlaw View Post
As for Panini producing EPL cards they simply can't, not for the moment anyways.

Topps (making card games for kids) have the licence for the english premier league however this licence ends at the end of the upcoming 2012/2013 season as far as I know.

Panini I'm sure will challenge for this licence and hopefully they will get it as we need some premium sets from the EPL
Hopefully Panini won't suck on the international level as much as they do with their domestic products.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:47 AM   #9 (permalink)

Here's my stash!

Chris Pontius & Dan Kennedy IP autos:

Kasey Keller & Landon Donovan Goodwin Autos:

Landon Donovan Dodger Night Auto, Wondo IP Auto, Kasey Keller IP Auto, Tim Howard A&G Auto and (my favorite) LA Galaxy IP autographed ROLMB (Juninho, Sean Franklin, A.J. De La Garza, Brian Jordan, and a few others ) :

Old 08-09-2012, 10:37 AM   #10 (permalink)

I just hope Topps or Panini, whoever gets the new EPL deal, will start to sell and market in the States. Gets pricey to have to buy the product from overseas all the time.
Srodeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:50 AM   #11 (permalink)

You guys have some really nice stuff! I'm a member of Sons of Ben but live 3+ hrs away so I only got to half of the games. I got alot of autographs because the players walk right by going into the locker rooms. I mainly just got Philly player autos on whatever I had available (no cards).

I'll have to try out some boxes or a case of some of the Upper Deck products.

I think I (we) blew any chances of getting opposing players autos as we were usually taunting them going through the tunnel (nothing vulgar or too extreme but usually something to get under the players skin to remind them they were on the road). I had Juan Pabo Angel curse me out once though when I got on him about his huge contract and lack of goals.

I have alot of respect for the teams in Seattle, Portland, and Kansas City (great atmosphere and fans) and LA Galaxy was my team for years while I was waiting for the Union. Cobi Jones was my favorite player as a kid.
neahcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neahcrow View Post
You guys have some really nice stuff! I'm a member of Sons of Ben but live 3+ hrs away so I only got to half of the games. I got alot of autographs because the players walk right by going into the locker rooms. I mainly just got Philly player autos on whatever I had available (no cards).

I'll have to try out some boxes or a case of some of the Upper Deck products.

I think I (we) blew any chances of getting opposing players autos as we were usually taunting them going through the tunnel (nothing vulgar or too extreme but usually something to get under the players skin to remind them they were on the road). I had Juan Pabo Angel curse me out once though when I got on him about his huge contract and lack of goals.

I have alot of respect for the teams in Seattle, Portland, and Kansas City (great atmosphere and fans) and LA Galaxy was my team for years while I was waiting for the Union. Cobi Jones was my favorite player as a kid.
I'm a big New England fan but also like the Union now too as Chris Konopka plays with them.

I did a weeks training with him when he played with Waterford United here in Ireland, a great keeper and a genuinely down to earth guy
Old 08-09-2012, 11:20 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srodeva View Post
I just hope Topps or Panini, whoever gets the new EPL deal, will start to sell and market in the States. Gets pricey to have to buy the product from overseas all the time.
Unless you can find a distributor who deals with Topps or Panini Europe then they wont be sold directly to the States. Especially not in local stores anyways
Old 08-10-2012, 12:21 PM   #14 (permalink)

KingTaco - nice collection. Can you tell where / what the Pontius - DC United card and the Casterol - Chris Wondolowski are from ?
TheHun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:22 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHun View Post
KingTaco - nice collection. Can you tell where / what the Pontius - DC United card and the Casterol - Chris Wondolowski are from ?
Thanks! I got them at the MLS Cup game last year...Dan Kennedy, Pontius, Wondo and Keller were there signing. I was surprised at how (relatively) big the names there were, and how nice all four players were to me and the rest of the fans. Hopefully this year will see the title game in LA or San Jose so that I can add to my collection .

Old 08-10-2012, 05:44 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTaco77 View Post
Thanks! I got them at the MLS Cup game last year...Dan Kennedy, Pontius, Wondo and Keller were there signing. I was surprised at how (relatively) big the names there were, and how nice all four players were to me and the rest of the fans. Hopefully this year will see the title game in LA or San Jose so that I can add to my collection .
That Donovan Dodgers Night auto is cool!

I agree with the bolded statement as well. I got to meet Sporting's Kei Kamara a couple weeks ago. He was super nice and willing to take pics and sign whatever you wanted. It seems like a lot of the MLS guys are pretty nice.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:00 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljack3 View Post

I agree with the bolded statement as well. I got to meet Sporting's Kei Kamara a couple weeks ago. He was super nice and willing to take pics and sign whatever you wanted. It seems like a lot of the MLS guys are pretty nice.
Kai Kamara is top scorer for Sporting - he scored the goal for KC in the final and also a PK in the shootout.

A very good player.
TheHun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:31 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHun View Post
Kai Kamara is top scorer for Sporting - he scored the goal for KC in the final and also a PK in the shootout.

A very good player.
Yeah, he's fun to watch. I'll actually be out at LSP tomorrow. I'm pumped! They're playing DC United, so it should be a good one.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:19 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljack3 View Post

The Donovan auto was free with a ticket to the All-You-Can-Eat section, and there were a bunch of players there signing before the game. Honestly one of the best nights out ever - food, baseball, soccer autos...I'm not sure a guy could ask for more .

I agree that the MLS guys are incredibly nice...I guess playing in a less popular sport (at least stateside) inflates heads a bit less, though I wouldn't mind watching an EPL or La Liga game every now and then! I might try for some TTM autos with my Galaxy and head down to SJ for some quakes games, but I'm fairly happy with what I've got.

Old 08-11-2012, 12:36 PM   #20 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

See my sig. Dale Dynamo! Been a season ticket holder for 6 years now. Live 3 hours away now but still get to every weekend game. I have a nice collection of signed memorabilia, including team signed jerseys, individual GU items, autographed balls, etc.

Since Geoff Cameron just signed for Stoke City and Stuart Holden has been with Bolton for a couple of years, I want to start buying jerseys of their respective teams. Need to find a BO member in England that can hook me up.
khalldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:36 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalldog View Post
See my sig. Dale Dynamo! Been a season ticket holder for 6 years now. Live 3 hours away now but still get to every weekend game. I have a nice collection of signed memorabilia, including team signed jerseys, individual GU items, autographed balls, etc.

Since Geoff Cameron just signed for Stoke City and Stuart Holden has been with Bolton for a couple of years, I want to start buying jerseys of their respective teams. Need to find a BO member in England that can hook me up.
Nice! I really wish I was closer to my Galaxy, but that's life! I think VendonFleece is from the UK, so you might want to try him for English gear.

Also, Ching, Howard, and Dempsey are all in UD Goodwin Champions! I am happy .

Old 08-16-2012, 01:04 AM   #22 (permalink)

I just started collecting soccer cards back in april, I started with match attax now I'm collecting MLS upper deck and Futera. I posted some videos on YouTube of my collection check it out

2012 MLS Upper Deck Hobby Box Cards - YouTube
diegorvca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:38 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegorvca View Post
I just started collecting soccer cards back in april, I started with match attax now I'm collecting MLS upper deck and Futera. I posted some videos on YouTube of my collection check it out

2012 MLS Upper Deck Hobby Box Cards - YouTube
Good stuff! I just started looking into the Futera cards...what exactly are these tokens and virtual cards and such? Their website is a bit crowded.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:47 AM   #24 (permalink)

I'm interested in compiling lists of the various card sets issued by the individual teams in the MLS - stuff like the Landon Donovan card from Galaxy Night and the Chris Pontius DC United card, which I presume come from larger sets.

Got a list of the Vancouver Whitecaps cards issued this season - 6 sheets of 3 cards, covering a total of 16 players.

There are also 12 card sets issued by Franz Bread for Portland Timbers and Seattle Sounders

Any help would be much appreciated.
alan1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:19 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan1899 View Post
I'm interested in compiling lists of the various card sets issued by the individual teams in the MLS - stuff like the Landon Donovan card from Galaxy Night and the Chris Pontius DC United card, which I presume come from larger sets.

Got a list of the Vancouver Whitecaps cards issued this season - 6 sheets of 3 cards, covering a total of 16 players.

There are also 12 card sets issued by Franz Bread for Portland Timbers and Seattle Sounders

Any help would be much appreciated.
The Pontius was from the 2011 MLS Cup festivities...he was signing before the game and had those postcard-type cards. Not sure if that's what you were looking for, but if so that's where it came from!