Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 10:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to gst177
Default People selling Leaf Originals on the way ..... watch out!!!

Sold a Hulk Hogan Yellow Parallel autograph 1/50 to

taoist.traveler

received this message today:

I received the very first Leaf Wrestling card I bought & was SHOCKED to see that nowhere on the card does it state that this is an certified autograph or an autograph card AT ALL! I've been a Certified ON CARD ONLY Autograph card expert and collector since the early 1990's & this changes EVERYTHING & explains why the prices suddenly dropped over the past 2-days which I just saw today. I can't sign-on every day because I'm dying from a rare form of Muscular Dystrophy & Multiple Sclerosis.

Why didn't you mention this in your listings & why didn't you show scans of the card backs? At least this would have given the buyer the opportunity to choose for themselves if they still want it. BECAUSE I DON'T & NEVER WOULD HAVE PAID MORE THAN $5.00 for any of these cards!!!
The owner of Leaf is a narcisistic/egotistical jerk who couldn't care less about collectors- so going that route isn't an option.

Jim

I think this is Donatextracards again.
gst177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

considering there are pics of half the dudes signing these things--I don't see what the problem is that these lack the "certified" auto language.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Nut case scammer.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to gst177

Didnt know this guy was so important.

I don't want to argue with you. Lets please stay civil with each other. I've been a Certified Autograph Insert expert since 1994 & was a regular contributor to Beckett until 2003. I've been collecting cards since 1987 & right from the start until thkis day I want to know everything there is to know about everything relating cards. When I learned how much corporaste fraud was going on I founded a web site in 1997 until 2004 when I got too sick from Muscular Dystrophy symptoms to continue the web site.
I bankrupted both Pascific & Playoff for fraud against EVERYONE. I was hired as a Senior Managewr of Plasyoff so I could bust therm from within. How many people do you know qualify for the fifth in command for a large card company. I know what I'm talking about from every angle, trust me please. Beckett never printed anything for fear og losing advertising dollars as Mike Payne stated to me directly.

I can explain in much more detail, but it's painful for me to even type.

No these are not Certified Autograph cards. All Certified Autograph cards have a statement printed on the cards that they guarantee that the autograph is authentic. Some in the past had stamps or embedded stamps for authenticity. These Leaf cards have NEITHER of these things & this is the first time since 1997 (In The Game Hockey Autographs) where a card company made such a huge screw-up. Becklett highly publicized the ITG screw-up making me assured that no card company would be stupid enough to ever do this again, but like I stated- Leaf Shocked Me!

I was elated to win that Hulk Hogan card so cheap (I did charity work ewith him in FL in 2001), but it's no better than an in-person autograph which in this marketplace is WORTHLESS to experts like myself who know that autographs can be forged so well that not even the players can tell the difference (a quote by someone I worked with in the FBI busting forgery sellers in 2000). I interned with one of this country's most fasmous Forensic Document Examiners for over 200-hours in 200 ast my expense to be an autograph excpert to help bust forgery sellers (for free always) which I've done non-stop since 2000. Cards like these Leaf Wrestling are by far the easiest to make counterfeits of as well due to the low quality graphics & them releasing tnhe printing plates made it all ther more easy.

I'll return them when I get them. Thank you.

James
gst177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

cardcop back again

Don't give this scumbag a cent back.

I may buy a box of this so he can win one of my auctions. It will be fun.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more

Last edited by jlzinck; 11-17-2012 at 09:41 PM.
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

This guy's pain tolerance is amazing, as he sure does type a lot.
wesnilevirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst177 View Post
Didnt know this guy was so important.

I don't want to argue with you. Lets please stay civil with each other. I've been a Certified Autograph Insert expert since 1994 & was a regular contributor to Beckett until 2003. I've been collecting cards since 1987 & right from the start until thkis day I want to know everything there is to know about everything relating cards. When I learned how much corporaste fraud was going on I founded a web site in 1997 until 2004 when I got too sick from Muscular Dystrophy symptoms to continue the web site.
I bankrupted both Pascific & Playoff for fraud against EVERYONE. I was hired as a Senior Managewr of Plasyoff so I could bust therm from within. How many people do you know qualify for the fifth in command for a large card company. I know what I'm talking about from every angle, trust me please. Beckett never printed anything for fear og losing advertising dollars as Mike Payne stated to me directly.

No these are not Certified Autograph cards. All Certified Autograph cards have a statement printed on the cards that they guarantee that the autograph is authentic. Some in the past had stamps or embedded stamps for authenticity. These Leaf cards have NEITHER of these things & this is the first time since 1997 (In The Game Hockey Autographs) where a card company made such a huge screw-up. Becklett highly publicized the ITG screw-up making me assured that no card company would be stupid enough to ever do this again, but like I stated- Leaf Shocked Me!

I was elated to win that Hulk Hogan card so cheap (I did charity work ewith him in FL in 2001), but it's no better than an in-person autograph which in this marketplace is WORTHLESS to experts like myself who know that autographs can be forged so well that not even the players can tell the difference (a quote by someone I worked with in the FBI busting forgery sellers in 2000). I interned with one of this country's most fasmous Forensic Document Examiners for over 200-hours in 200 ast my expense to be an autograph excpert to help bust forgery sellers (for free always) which I've done non-stop since 2000. Cards like these Leaf Wrestling are by far the easiest to make counterfeits of as well due to the low quality graphics & them releasing tnhe printing plates made it all ther more easy.

I'll return them when I get them. Thank you.

James
he says as he goes on to write 250 more words across two oversized paragraphs...

edit: ^^^ beaten to it because I had to go to the word counter lol.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

dont give him a cent back.
Tell him you are dying as well, from living.
twoten01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #9 (permalink)

OP wont have a choice if the buyer files a claim. he will be forced to refund the money. i would however find all those pics of the wrestlers signing the cards and send them to him. then i would ask him some impossible questions about the hobby since he knows everything. he sounds like the comic book guy from the simpsons and is completely full of shat. also, i want to see proof where this guy is an expert and not just some self-righteous internet blogger.

also, the guy has been in the hobby for that long yet only has 133 ebay feedback, give me a break

Last edited by geoffyb; 11-18-2012 at 10:32 AM.
geoffyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:33 AM   #10 (permalink)

Technically, you could win any battle with this guy because you didn't claim it to be anything it was not, he just changed his mind because he was an uninformed buyer and even stated so in his message to you which should allow you to win a dispute I think
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:35 AM   #11 (permalink)

Just looked at your listing, you did have a picture of the back in there, no way he could win a claim against you, you should tell him that
Old 11-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #12 (permalink)

Not sure if I'm being too much of a jerk in writing this, but what the heck: My friends and family know I love my collection. If I was told I'd be dead soon or was dying, I'd be looking for an auction house to sell most of my cards, and would will some of my favorites to my friends and family for them to have a keepsake to remember me by or use if needed for good money. Doubt I'd be actually ADDING cards to my collection...but that's just me.
Mattsurewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:06 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
Just looked at your listing, you did have a picture of the back in there, no way he could win a claim against you, you should tell him that
The bidder is probably sending the exact same message to all the sellers he buys Leaf Wrestling from...
sthoemke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:39 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthoemke View Post
The bidder is probably sending the exact same message to all the sellers he buys Leaf Wrestling from...
But the point is that if someone tells you in a message the reason they want to return the card and its not a valid reason, eBay will actually side with the seller 100% of the time.

The guy screwed himself by saying what he did
Old 11-19-2012, 02:36 AM   #15 (permalink)

Alright guys dont shoot me down here............but I think this guy has a right to be upset, the only thing is he shouldnt be upset at the seller but to the Leafs company.

After reading this thread there is no way im gonna bother with any autos from this set, I had no idea there was no certified message on these cards from Leaf.............that really is poor.

I know I know there a pics of some of the wrestlers signing cards but you do at least want the company to warrant some sort of authenticity message on the cards themselves.

Either way the buyer does sound like a bit of an a-hole and he should be directing his argument to Leaf and no one else.
bootan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:48 AM   #16 (permalink)

So I'm not familiar with this set, are there base and auto's that are the same card but with some signed and some not?

Because if not, then who the hell cares if it actually says "certified" on it, as there is no way the card could exist with a fake auto
Old 11-19-2012, 08:55 AM   #17 (permalink)

EVERY card in the set is autographed. there are no un-signed cards in any of the boxes unless its an actual artwork redemption card.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:38 AM   #18 (permalink)

Some of the Missy Hyatt cards are unsigned but no national company is going to release cards NOT autographed by the person on the card unless they are completely retarded. No one would ever take a risk and all anyone has to do is look at the autos and compare to others. I have no doubt that these are all legit but Leaf should mark them as certified somewhere on the card.
thepick88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:49 AM   #19 (permalink)

also, just becuase a card is certified as being real doesn't mean that it is...there is no "D" in his last name

Old 11-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
cardcop back again

Don't give this scumbag a cent back.

I may buy a box of this so he can win one of my auctions. It will be fun.
Cardcop or cardsherriff. He doesn't mention the real reason his website went down. And he personally made Pacific and Playoff go bankrupt?.....really?.......Really??........REALLY???
allabtsprt is offline   Reply With Quote