Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/racing-golf-other-sports/)
-   -   2012 UD Greats (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/racing-golf-other-sports/409787-2012-ud-greats.html)

Artchie 12-06-2012 08:47 AM

2012 UD Greats

The cards look nice but i seem to realize a few things, They have a ton of Chipping, Seems like there are a ridiculous amount of Hogans and roses and they are not really selling well at all, and Alot of the players did not do the personal touch Part of the card, The only once that seems like they did it was Hogan.
What do you guys think? I think i am going to just buy the singles I want and go front here and avoid Petey

WhacksPacks 12-06-2012 10:25 AM

It's a great $150 per box product
It is absolutely the worst $300-$350 product in the modern history of this hobby.

Brobocop 12-06-2012 12:11 PM

I think Topps Five Star Baseball takes first place amongst worst products. At that initial price I knew very little who got anything close to what they paid for.

wegoingsizzler 12-06-2012 12:25 PM

Just read my post in the box break section... you will get my opinion.....

lisu 12-06-2012 01:20 PM

I paid $275 each for two boxes. Not a bad break for me, especially after I saw what you could get. Ouch!

aclben 12-06-2012 06:21 PM

My 18-tin break is in the break section but I agree with the folks above that this product is way overpriced and full of auto's that you'll be able to buy at under $40. The big value guys are extremely hard to pull and the lowe end guys are likely guys you don't have any passion for collecting. In other words, I'm a huge major sport fan but I getting a Hogan or Kelly Slater autograph is less desirable for than getting a major sport semi-star. In other words, I'd much rather have a Pablo Sandoval auto than Slater...

I actually liked Five Star and opened a ton of it. Of course, if the chipping issue is big to you, it's a horrible product. But I'm personally not a big condition guy when it comes to auto and relic cards. Yes, I got killed on a few boxes but I also pulled autos (sometimes multiple) of Trout, Pujols, Darvish, Harper, etc. and some really cool book and patch cards. Plus, I think some of these cards will retain their value as set collectors ultimately try to put together the set and find the singles harder and harder to find. Plus, when you weren't getting big hits, you were still getting lost of Hall of Famers, award winners, etc. so it's pretty hard to argue with their player selection (minus Napoli, Kruk, Ventura, Belle, Buckner, etc.).

aclben

Brobocop 12-06-2012 07:05 PM

I got murdered on one box of Five Star, did okay on another. That second box that I got killed on though really shook me and I finally woke up. Made me realize how much these companies get away with sometimes, especially on high end products (Prime Cuts, Five Star, and now All Time Greats). I just know that personally, I will probably never, ever take a chance like that on another high end product. This had intrigued me since I'd love to get a Tiger Woods auto but after looking on here and on eBay, it seems like his autos are the rarest of the 20.

I agree, this product looks no good at $350.