Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 12:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default How much is this Velvet Sky worth?

Nevermind. Card is NFS.

Last edited by cardbooker; 12-11-2012 at 08:59 PM.
cardbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

id say about $15-$20
Old 12-09-2012, 06:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootan View Post
id say about $15-$20
Awesome Avatar that hogan is sick
Old 12-09-2012, 06:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

It books on beckett at $40-$50 depending on what year it is.

PC- Castro, Sandberg
Bobeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

what a family friendly product they sold
geoffyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

That's disappointing. I was expecting more value since similar stuff from Benchwarmer (or even Juicy Honey) sell for a huge premium. If value is this low, I would just buy up the remaining 49 pieces LOL
Old 12-10-2012, 10:13 PM   #7 (permalink)

old tna stuff basically retains no value
Old 12-11-2012, 01:31 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffyb View Post
old tna stuff basically retains no value
I think TNA CTL is a fantastic product, especially the autographed memorabilia cards. They cut up Sting's bat, Abyss's mask, The Beautiful People's paper bag prop, etc. All the recent sets seem to just be pieces of shirts.

Personally, i would not sell this card for anything less than $100. I doubt TNA would ever create a card like this again. It is just too riske & adult. Definitely not suitable for the PG era.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #9 (permalink)

i highly doubt that card will sell anything close to $100
kingofkings487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:54 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofkings487 View Post
i highly doubt that card will sell anything close to $100
We'll never know until one goes up for sale....
Old 12-11-2012, 05:10 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootan View Post
id say about $15-$20

I'd say he could find someone to get it for $25 with it being a bit of a premium. I mean this one just ended and is out of 99 but has a much better picture and was bought at $15

WWE TNA ECW Velvet Sky Autographed and Jersey Card | eBay
duwal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
I'd say he could find someone to get it for $25 with it being a bit of a premium. I mean this one just ended and is out of 99 but has a much better picture and was bought at $15

WWE TNA ECW Velvet Sky Autographed and Jersey Card | eBay
I'm sure the swatch on that card is just a piece of her T-shirt. Shirt cards are basically worthless. What I have is much different (and better, depending on who you ask). I think people who collect this set know that, and that's why this card is never listed on ebay. Most are in people's private collection.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardbooker View Post
I'm sure the swatch on that card is just a piece of her T-shirt. Shirt cards are basically worthless. What I have is much different (and better, depending on who you ask). I think people who collect this set know that, and that's why this card is never listed on ebay. Most are in people's private collection.
has nothing to do with the type of swatch. anyone that buys velvet cards, genrally pc her anyways. a lot of wrestling fans do. and about 98% of them prolly dont even know what the swatches are or where they came from.

i have one of these /50 and i got it for 5.00 (well 7 if you count shipping). no one is gonna pay 100.00 for this card. it doesnt even book no where near that.

benchwarmer and wrestling are two different markets and values. the first couple of tna releases dont hardly have any value. they really didnt get the value until the xtreme, signature impact and reflexxions sets. a sting auto from cross the line books for 50, and i just bough a sting auto / bat dual card for 28.00 on ebay. so if sting auto/bat from the exact set is pulling barely 30 bucks, then that should tell you what to expect from velvet.

theyve used shirts, bras, underwear, hair, kiss cards, etc. this swatch isnt anything big or nothing they havent done before. also, tna doesnt have a pg era, that is wwe. tna is what ever it wants to be and doestn shape its self accoring to what wwe broadcasts.

Last edited by shinnox; 12-11-2012 at 05:54 PM.
shinnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
You'd make a hell of a car salesmen!
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:50 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
You'd make a hell of a car salesmen!
only if he can actually SELL em. lol
Old 12-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinnox View Post
i have one of these /50 and i got it for 5.00. no one is gonna pay 100.00 for this card. it doesnt even book no where near that.
Got a scan? I'll buy that card from you for $15-$20 depending on swatch and color....
Old 12-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

its all blue with a lil white, and its not going anywhere as i have a velvel pc going. not as big as my others but still going. you have got 1 up on me with the silver, but doesnt make it worth more. so youll buy for 15 or 20, but expect to sell for no less then 100??? wow.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
its all blue with a lil white, and its not going anywhere as i have a velvel pc going. not as big as my others but still going. you have got 1 up on me with the silver, but doesnt make it worth more. so youll buy for 15 or 20, but expect to sell for no less then 100??? wow.
It's worth $100 "to me" .... but everybody else is saying this card is only worth $15-$20, so majority sets the market price right? I'll extend that offer to anybody else who wants to sell. $15-$20 all day long.....

I know you have a PC going, but if you're hesitant to instantly triple-quadruple your money, then you are basically admitting that card is worth more than $15-$20. That is the point of this thread. There are none available on ebay because nobody wants to sell. So how do you price something that nobody is willing to part with? Hmmmmmm.....

Last edited by cardbooker; 12-11-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:21 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
It's worth $100 "to me" .... but everybody else is saying this card is only worth $15-$20, so majority sets the market price right? I'll extend that offer to anybody else who wants to sell. $15-$20 all day long.....

I know you have a PC going, but if you're hesitant to instantly triple-quadruple your money, then you are basically admitting that card is worth more than $15-$20. That is the point of this thread. There are none available on ebay because nobody wants to sell. So how do you price something that nobody is willing to part with? Hmmmmmm.....
umm no, im hesitant bc i like the card and its in my collection. beleive it or not, some ppl actually collect cards to COLLELCT them and keep em. and if i wanted to get rid of it, then i would prolly take that offer. being hesitant doesnt show that its worth more, it shows i wanna keep it. duh.

an selling a pc card that ill make 10-15.00 on doesnt appeal to me. unless i really needed the money, or really wanted another pc item more so then the current card. there are none on ebay bc they were harder to pull, and ppl that collect her grab the stuff up quick. that doesnt make it worth the asking price. if their not willing to part with it, then the price doesnt matter at all. bc if they want it that bad, theyre not gonna sell it regardless if you offer 25, 50 or 100.

i have a sting 1/1 printing plate auto that i got for 80.00. you think if someone offered me 500.00 for it id take it? nope. bc i love sting and pc him. theres some cards people just wont part with. but does that mean i should price a 20.00 card at 100.00 just bc other people have it, or bc i had a high offer price? nope.

if you want 100.00 for it, then by all means list it up on ebay for 100.00 bin and see if it goes. then when it doesnt, relist it with a best offer and then youll know what a particular person at that time that sees it, is willing to pay for it. then youll know. problem solved.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:42 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
umm no, im hesitant bc i like the card and its in my collection. beleive it or not, some ppl actually collect cards to COLLELCT them and keep em. and if i wanted to get rid of it, then i would prolly take that offer. being hesitant doesnt show that its worth more, it shows i wanna keep it. duh.

an selling a pc card that ill make 10-15.00 on doesnt appeal to me. unless i really needed the money, or really wanted another pc item more so then the current card. there are none on ebay bc they were harder to pull, and ppl that collect her grab the stuff up quick. that doesnt make it worth the asking price. if their not willing to part with it, then the price doesnt matter at all. bc if they want it that bad, theyre not gonna sell it regardless if you offer 25, 50 or 100.

i have a sting 1/1 printing plate auto that i got for 80.00. you think if someone offered me 500.00 for it id take it? nope. bc i love sting and pc him. theres some cards people just wont part with. but does that mean i should price a 20.00 card at 100.00 just bc other people have it, or bc i had a high offer price? nope.

if you want 100.00 for it, then by all means list it up on ebay for 100.00 bin and see if it goes. then when it doesnt, relist it with a best offer and then youll know what a particular person at that time that sees it, is willing to pay for it. then youll know. problem solved.
I'm sorry, but you are not making any sense. If you're unwilling to sell a card at the perceived market price, then that means you automatically value the card more. I value it at $100, and apparently, it's "priceless" to you. Therefore, the $15-$20 estimate is incorrect as there are already 2 people in this thread that will not sell at that price. So again, how do you price something that's never available on eBay? Maybe the answer is you can't. And I guess I am fine with that.

PS. I am going to ignore your "duh" comment. There is no need to be rude....
Old 12-11-2012, 07:07 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

"PS. I am going to ignore your "duh" comment"
by addressing it, you didnt ignore it.

making an offer to someone on a card, knowing full well they pc the person, is a bit redundant considering you should have known the answer woulda been an obvious no. which pretty much puts the kabosh on your theory of pricing.

"If you're unwilling to sell a card at the perceived market price, then that means you automatically value the card more"

um, again, NO. it means i dont wanna get rid of it. if the card was for sale, then yes i woulda taken the offer. but its not, so i didnt. if i posted it up as for sale, the offer price of 15-20 would be the range i would ask. i definitely wouldnt be asking double book value.

it has nothing to do with book value, sell value, my value or your value. priceless? hardly. theres a difference between making an offer on a card thats for sale, and one thats not. mine isnt, so i didnt take the offer. yours however, is for sale, but have delusions of grandeur

and again, list it up for 100.00 or best offer. then youll know. thats the only way. other wise sitting here fighting over what you think it should be valued at is pointless.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
"If you're unwilling to sell a card at the perceived market price, then that means you automatically value the card more"

um, again, NO. it means i dont wanna get rid of it. if the card was for sale, then yes i woulda taken the offer. but its not, so i didnt. if i posted it up as for sale, the offer price of 15-20 would be the range i would ask. i definitely wouldnt be asking double book value.
Book value? LOL, are we stuck in the 90's now? eBay sales data is the only value that matters. Right now there are no completed sales online, so the value is uncertain. You make it sound like I'm some greedy dealer trying to rip people off. I merely started this thread to get an idea of how much the card is worth (again, due to lack of completed sales data). I was "mulling back & forth" about selling it. Last time I checked, "thinking" about selling something doesn't mean I'm "going" to sell it.

If I value it at $100 then that is my business. If the market doesn't bear my price, then that's fine bc I'll be happy to keep it. I am a collector afterall....

Last edited by cardbooker; 12-11-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:05 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:

the bolded statement is not true at all, if you have a PC item and someone offers you more money than what you paid for it you are not admitting that card is worth more than the offer at all. It merely means that it is not for sale. I have $20 cards in my player collection that if someone offered $100 for it I would not even flinch in saying no. Simply put, my saying no absolutely does not say that I value that card at more than $100, but as a true collector I'd rather have a card I am fond of over a momentary increase in funds
Old 12-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:

if you would look at similar auctions of either Divas cards or Benchwarmer cards or whatever, the material used to make the card does not make any amount of difference in the value or it being more sought after. In most cases collectors if they saw a shirt card and an underwear card to purchase, they would pick out the card with the better eye appeal or picture of the female on the card. Not which part of the body they wore the fabric
Old 12-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #25 (permalink)

no idea why we are still debating this card.