Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Default LOUIS OOSTHUIZEN 2012 SPA GOLF AUTHENTIC ROOKIE SIGS - LEVEL 2 CD# 110 Does not exist

Just redeemed my LOUIS OOSTHUIZEN 2012 SP AUTHENTIC GOLF AUTHENTIC ROOKIE SIGNATURES - LEVEL 2 CD# 110 VARIED #'ING and received a message that the stock was depleted. Made a call and was informed that Louis never signed the short printed cards. These were varied and could be numbered to /20, /50 or /100. They offered a replacement and asked what I collected. Told them I collected Paula Creamer. I will update with what I receive.

From past experience I have not been pleased with their replacements. Can I expect the same? This is the first UD product I have purchased in a couple of years.

Anyway, I wanted to inform anyone waiting on this redemption or holding one that they will not be signed.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino5084 View Post
Just redeemed my LOUIS OOSTHUIZEN 2012 SP AUTHENTIC GOLF AUTHENTIC ROOKIE SIGNATURES - LEVEL 2 CD# 110 VARIED #'ING and received a message that the stock was depleted. Made a call and was informed that Louis never signed the short printed cards. These were varied and could be numbered to /20, /50 or /100. They offered a replacement and asked what I collected. Told them I collected Paula Creamer. I will update with what I receive.

From past experience I have not been pleased with their replacements. Can I expect the same? This is the first UD product I have purchased in a couple of years.

Anyway, I wanted to inform anyone waiting on this redemption or holding one that they will not be signed.
Just recieved my limited version #/100 about a week and half ago, gotta love ud!

Always looking for vintage sports cards of any sport and auto memorabilia at a good price of course
bigroger1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:06 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigroger1980 View Post
Just recieved my limited version #/100 about a week and half ago, gotta love ud!
The kid on the phone didn't sound like he knew what he was talking about. I guess I will wait and see.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
Old 12-15-2012, 12:39 AM   #4 (permalink)

I have already got mine to #100!
Lindsay2614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:36 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay2614 View Post
I have already got mine to #100!
Maybe my redemption was for the /20 as I have not seen anything numbered this low as of yet. It didn't say anything on the site other than "stock is depleted". When I talked to UD last night they stated that the lower numbered auto's would not be signed.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
Old 12-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #6 (permalink)

It was my understanding that the level 2 rookie autos were the /699 ones, and that that level 1 rookie autos were the /299 ones.

HIGH END VHTG:: http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/akarlen2/library/
akarlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

I got the same message. The Oosthuizen you redeemed was supposed to be /699. If they really did run out, there isn't 699 of them. But there has been 10-20 on eBay recently, so it was made and signed. I've also seen a couple of the Limited /100, as well.
gamboooler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:39 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboooler View Post
I got the same message. The Oosthuizen you redeemed was supposed to be /699. If they really did run out, there isn't 699 of them. But there has been 10-20 on eBay recently, so it was made and signed. I've also seen a couple of the Limited /100, as well.
I had a half dozen of these redemptions and got the same message. Clearly I should have submitted the redemptions when I got them as opposed to late. There are cards out there, but clearly not /699. The SOTT's as well as the Limited rookies /100 got signed. The question is how many of them. I told the UD staff I collected the South African golfers (Els, Player, etc), and I'm just hoping I get a Limited Shrek or a SOTT. We shall see. Good luck to the OP.
PAYING VERY HANDSOMELY FOR THE "O" IN THE 2009 DREW BLEDSOE BY THE LETTER SET. WILL PAY $25 FINDERS FEE IF YOU DIRECT ME TO ONE AND I AM ABLE TO MAKE A DEAL (eBay and COMC listings NOT APPLICABLE/REDEEMABLE)
ssbledsoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

Anybody hear anymore about this? I see he has some sp game used auto's out but you still dont see very many sp/699 and limited

Always looking for vintage sports cards of any sport and auto memorabilia at a good price of course
Old 03-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Anybody hear anymore about this? I see he has some sp game used auto's out but you still dont see very many sp/699 and limited
I asked for replacements on 3 of my redemptions 11/26 and 3 more on 12/21, and none of them have been sent out yet. I'm going to give a follow up call this week. I'm honestly just hoping to get Bledsoe cards for them.
I've been watching the completed listings on eBay and haven't seen any of the cards < 5-600... Who knows what happened to the earlier numbered ones, but I think it's pretty clear there aren't 699 of them.
Also, I'm going to get in touch with Beckett about its pricing for these...the last 3 on eBay sold for $85. They have the book value as $25...
PAYING VERY HANDSOMELY FOR THE "O" IN THE 2009 DREW BLEDSOE BY THE LETTER SET. WILL PAY $25 FINDERS FEE IF YOU DIRECT ME TO ONE AND I AM ABLE TO MAKE A DEAL (eBay and COMC listings NOT APPLICABLE/REDEEMABLE)
Old 03-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbledsoe View Post
I asked for replacements on 3 of my redemptions 11/26 and 3 more on 12/21, and none of them have been sent out yet. I'm going to give a follow up call this week. I'm honestly just hoping to get Bledsoe cards for them.
I've been watching the completed listings on eBay and haven't seen any of the cards < 5-600... Who knows what happened to the earlier numbered ones, but I think it's pretty clear there aren't 699 of them.
Also, I'm going to get in touch with Beckett about its pricing for these...the last 3 on eBay sold for $85. They have the book value as $25...
I've not heard anything either. I was approximately 2-4 months. I will be revisiting this myself shortly.

I was told that the redemption I sent in was for a card #ed to less than 100 as he did not sign any of the lower numbered cards. He probably didn't receive payment and said screw it.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
Old 03-07-2013, 11:23 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
I've not heard anything either. I was approximately 2-4 months. I will be revisiting this myself shortly.

I was told that the redemption I sent in was for a card #ed to less than 100 as he did not sign any of the lower numbered cards. He probably didn't receive payment and said screw it.
Thanks for the info guys, it just blows my minds on how they did these as i see his sp game used sigs popping up, guess im glad i onlined mine right when i pulled it , it will be interesting to see a value replacement on these as they are starting to creep up

Old 03-08-2013, 07:15 PM   #13 (permalink)

i put in my replacement requests. i'll repost in 4-6 week to see what i get back. hopefully something good since it sells relatively well.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:10 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubei777 View Post
i put in my replacement requests. i'll repost in 4-6 week to see what i get back. hopefully something good since it sells relatively well.
I'll be calling Monday. Just signed in and my redemption is gone. No pending, no fulfilled NADA. Luckily I still have the actual redemption card.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
Old 03-09-2013, 08:17 AM   #15 (permalink)

The UD rep told me Louis simply lost about 500 of the 699 base rookie auto cards. I'm not entirely clear on the rationale for not replacing them since they knew which cards he did sign and return.
HIGH END VHTG:: http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/akarlen2/library/
akarlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akarlen View Post
The UD rep told me Louis simply lost about 500 of the 699 base rookie auto cards. I'm not entirely clear on the rationale for not replacing them since they knew which cards he did sign and return.
Well atleast we know what happened now I think he lost more then just the base rc auto's because not much of his sp authentic autos have showed up for sale or sold

Old 03-21-2013, 02:31 PM   #17 (permalink)

So I've called a few times over the past 6 weeks and have been told I'll have them in the next week or 2. I'm kind of excited to see what they send me. I'm hoping for a couple decent Bledsoes...

Last edited by ssbledsoe; 03-21-2013 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Sic
Old 03-21-2013, 07:58 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
So I've called a few times over the past 6 weeks and have been told I'll have them in the next week or 2. I'm kind of excited to see what they send me. I'm hoping for a couple decent Bledsoes...
Just got off the phone with them. Apparently they have done nothing because the rep on the phone said "I am moving this up to my redemption manager to expedite the replacement". Don't you just love redemption's? I requested a golf card of equal or greater value. He said that they realize the card has increased in value with people knowing that Louis lost most of the cards.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
Old 03-22-2013, 12:42 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Just got off the phone with them. Apparently they have done nothing because the rep on the phone said "I am moving this up to my redemption manager to expedite the replacement". Don't you just love redemption's? I requested a golf card of equal or greater value. He said that they realize the card has increased in value with people knowing that Louis lost most of the cards.
HA! 2 weeks ago I was told my stuff was being forwarded to the manager to expedite the process! Same exact line! I called back today because literally nothing was updated. The rep said I'd have them in the next week or 2, but we'll see. I have a couple other of these redemptions I've picked up since I replaced the 6 I started with. Once I see what I'm sent, I'll determine about replacing the others I've accumulated.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:12 PM   #20 (permalink)
Inactive Account

I got my louis/100 within a month of redeeming it and there's no way in hell that the /699 doesn't exist b/c i've seen a lot of them out there on ebay and on the boards.
apclr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:02 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akarlen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by apclr View Post
I got my louis/100 within a month of redeeming it and there's no way in hell that the /699 doesn't exist b/c i've seen a lot of them out there on ebay and on the boards.
See the above post. No one is saying they don't exist. Louis "lost" a large proportion of the /699 cards. The problem is that UD made redemptions for 699 cards when only 150 give or take were returned... Thus, the Louis is the most SP'd base rookie auto. Most of us are just wondering how these cards are going to get replaced.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:10 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apclr View Post
I have a tier 2 random numbering that UD is having to replace stating he lost cards as previously stated. Don't know what to tell you.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
Old 03-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #23 (permalink)

I am waiting on my replacement as well. Im a huge Marshawn Lynch fan so I told them that. Lets see what they send me. That was March 4th.....still waiting. Will repost when my new card arrives. Good luck with your replacements everyone.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #24 (permalink)

My haul from 6 redemptions. Pretty pleased overall, although I was hoping for a Bledsoe or 2. But, I can't complain about the Bubba or DJ.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:19 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:

My haul from 6 redemptions. Pretty pleased overall, although I was hoping for a Bledsoe or 2. But, I can't complain about the Bubba or DJ.
I would not have minded receiving a Bubba but I did receive a Paula Creamer SP Authentic auto/patch /100 which is what I requested.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa