Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default My Top Wrestling Cards of 2012

Hey guys,

Figured I'd share my favorite additions to my PC of 2012. I've never busted a case of anything nor do I have that kind of money, so these are the sparse cards I have managed to get out of my group breaks and seldom boxes. Still, I think it's quite impressive to be on a budget. Please share your favorites, too! I love seeing what people pull or acquire.

10. Eddie Guerrero/Rey Misterio Jr. Great American Bash Mat

My lady bought me this for my birthday. It's a cheap card, but I feel Eddie was one of the five greatest wrestlers to ever live. He is gone, but both he and Rey pulled out my favorite "mainstream" wrestling match at Halloween Havoc 1997, so having a swatch of mat that these two performed magic on means a lot.

9. Rick Steiner Printing Plate 1/1 (Leaf Wrestling Originals)

This comes from the same Christmas box as a better hit did. Crazy box of cards, one of the nicest I've ever opened!

8. Dolph Ziggler Auto (WWE Classics)

Grabbed this on eBay with some birthday cash. Wanted in on it before he becomes one of the biggest stars in wrestling history.

7. Daniel Bryan Auto (WWE Classics)

Was this series packed or what? Great checklist. Grabbed this for way more than it's worth to have his first autograph ever in my collection. This would be much higher had I pulled it (my pulls/group break selections will always outweigh things I go out of my way to pick up)

6. TLC Poster Printing Plate 1/1 (WWE 2012)

A bold and beautiful CM Punk plate that is crisp due to it being a predominantly black poster and the plate being the black variation. I'd love to see the others as a point of reference.

5. Daniel Bryan 2-Color Shirt (WWE 2012)

I am a HUGE mark for Bryan Danielson, so this two-color "Yes! Yes! Yes!" swatch made my month when I pulled it. Lots of fun, albeit off-center.

4. Antonio Cesaro Rookie Card Printing Plate 1/1 (WWE 2012)

Claudio Castagnoli is far from a rookie, but his Antonio Cesaro character has never had a card until this one. I don't know exactly how well a market for wrestling rookie cards is, but it means a lot to me.

3. Iron Sheik Printing Plate 1/1 (Leaf Wrestling Originals)

Bought this for about $35 in our group break. Couldn't pass up Sheikiebaby. Iran #1! USA #0! Haaaacchhhtttpuuuu! He is the REAL Iranian champion! Go **** yourself and have a good day!

2. CM Punk Auto (WWE Classics)

This was a bonus autograph in my hobby box back in May. Punk is red hot and one of the best stars the industry has seen in a while. I was shafted on the card score and auto score from BGS, but I know the card is better than Beckett thought.

1. Ric Flair /10 Red (Leaf Wrestling Originals)

I did not have a Nature Boy auto in my collection. I got this out of my recent Christmas box and feel it filled a void in my PC. This is the better art of the two, in my opinion, so I was happy about that; I prefer a better looking card to the scarcity, personally (besides you're talking /10 compared to /5... not too big of a difference to me).

Honorable mentions for:

And right on the cusp of the Top 10...

Old 12-27-2012, 09:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

Love the Hennan card, one of the best "talkers" in the business in my mind. Sad to see how sick he's gotten in recent years...
robwhois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwhois View Post
Love the Hennan card, one of the best "talkers" in the business in my mind. Sad to see how sick he's gotten in recent years...
I jumped on that card for $8. I love Bobby. Makes me sad to see him without a jaw anymore. Cruel world, a man known for making people laugh losing the ability to speak.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

great stuff, sweet Ziggler and Punk autos
athopesend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by athopesend View Post
great stuff, sweet Ziggler and Punk autos
Thanks! I love that set. May eventually get the whole collection of autos from it, beautiful cards.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoop View Post
Thanks! I love that set. May eventually get the whole collection of autos from it, beautiful cards.
Yeah that wwe classics set is really nice, love the design. Got a CM Punk t-shirt and Kofi shirt relic out of packs, really well done.
robwhois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:49 PM   #7 (permalink)

Looks like you have done a great job on your pick-ups this year--congrats and good luck in '13
Old 12-27-2012, 11:53 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to waxgeeks

very nice cards man...the snuka and the funk, what set are those from?
waxgeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxgeeks View Post
very nice cards man...the snuka and the funk, what set are those from?
WWE 2012. Pulled Snuka, bought Funk for $25. Great looking inserts! Thanks for the compliments, guys. Be sure to share your own best hits/acquisitions!
Old 12-28-2012, 12:29 AM   #10 (permalink)

I love that Sheikybaby! I love listening to his shoot interviews. Cocaine really f'ed up that guy's brain.
ilovethelakings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:35 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
I love that Sheikybaby! I love listening to his shoot interviews. Cocaine really f'ed up that guy's brain.
He is majorly messed up in the head. Ever read his Twitter feed? It's AMAZING.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:56 PM   #12 (permalink)

My favorite wrestling cards of 2012 are the 2012 Topps WWE Divas Class of 2012 insert set.

The pink background, and a great selection of Divas makes for a really nice set.

I'd love to have the autographed set, but I don't think it could be completed for less than 400 dollars.
flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:08 AM   #13 (permalink)

nice top ten!
skycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:23 PM   #14 (permalink)

I love the Funk and Snuka auto's, that's a great set.

Bucket (under construction) http://s869.photobucket.com/albums/ab252/golfinglegend/
golfinglegend67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:50 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycat View Post
nice top ten!
Thanks! A great year in wrestling cards, honestly. That Leaf set and the WWE 2012 set were two of my favorites in years.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:11 PM   #16 (permalink)

Man the more I see these the more I want to start collecting them. I'm very obsessive and know if I start collecting wrestling autos I will never want to give them up and I will have to have them all. That Terry Funk should be in a frame, that's so damn cool!

http://s775.beta.photobucket.com/user/alexladue/library/

Damn The Hard Times. Enjoy The Good Times!
addicted36 is offline   Reply With Quote