Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Card Singles

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #26 (permalink)

If I had not thrown them away I would have given them to you.

The cards look nothing like the 2011 and have many of the wrestlers in some incredibly cheesy poses.

I started to keep them and decided they did not deserve to sit next to the Wrestling All Stars and they found their way into the trash can.

If you have not seen them trust me you are going to be disappointed when you do.
dpeck100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by booyahlaw View Post
How does one distinguish 1989 Classic from 1990 Classic?
By looking at the backs.

The 1989 Classic has 1989 copyright date on the back (also, some cards have no copyright statement). The 1990 Classic has 1990 copyright on the back.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:18 PM   #28 (permalink)

I was just trying to say that the 1989 Classic is an rare alternative to the mass produced 1990 set. It's just a matter of preference.

If you just want the cards for the pictures, you can find the 1990 set cheap.

If you want a challenge to complete a rare set that few people have, try to find the cards for the 1989 set. (I do think some cards are worth PSA slabbing dues to the low POPs)

But dpeck is right, they sets are nearly similar, and the mass produced set does take away interest from the rarer version.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #29 (permalink)

well...i got home last night and no AJ card in the set we bought. There is a Rollins, Abrose and Lekee, but the only Divas are Aksana and Shaul
ldsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:08 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldsports View Post
well...i got home last night and no AJ card in the set we bought. There is a Rollins, Abrose and Lekee, but the only Divas are Aksana and Shaul
How much for the Shaul?
Greengoblin782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:29 AM   #31 (permalink)

Does your set have Richie Steamboat hanging onto a poll in his swim trunks?

If so that is the second set.

If you can post some scans that would be great.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:10 PM   #32 (permalink)

Thanks for the heads up on the Kissimmee event taking place on Jan 9th. I'm only about 40 minutes away from it. I'm definitely going to check it out and pretty stoked about possibly meeting Ziggler/AJ + Autos!

Matt, I'll see if I can nab anything for you or be on the lookout for those sets/giveaways.
***"Insert Funny Quote Here!"***
DwightWall122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:14 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwightWall122 View Post
Thanks for the heads up on the Kissimmee event taking place on Jan 9th. I'm only about 40 minutes away from it. I'm definitely going to check it out and pretty stoked about possibly meeting Ziggler/AJ + Autos!

Matt, I'll see if I can nab anything for you or be on the lookout for those sets/giveaways.
I definitely appreciate all the help I can get.

Thanks.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:22 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpeck100 View Post
Does your set have Richie Steamboat hanging onto a poll in his swim trunks?

If so that is the second set.

If you can post some scans that would be great.
No..my Steamboat is just him standing. I think its the first set just no AJ.

I would say none are for sale also
Old 01-06-2013, 09:24 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwightWall122 View Post

also on Thursday HBK is at the NXT taping.....could be a great week for autos in Orlando
Old 01-06-2013, 09:46 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldsports View Post
also on Thursday HBK is at the NXT taping.....could be a great week for autos in Orlando
I'll be there!!! I'm only about 10 minutes if that from the NXT tapings in Orlando!!!!!
***"Insert Funny Quote Here!"***
DwightWall122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:36 PM   #37 (permalink)

Did anyone happen to get AJ's autograph in Kissimmee on Wednesday?

I REALLY wanted to go, but it didn't happen.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:42 PM   #38 (permalink)

There is an AJ card on EBAY ending pretty soon. I think it is great that this card is bringing strong prices.

Most of the modern cards are insert cards and this is a true base card that is bringing real money.

This should be ranked #1 in Beckett for the hottest wrestling card. Just wait until someone gets one of these graded. The first one will be a hot auction for sure.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:18 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpeck100 View Post
There is an AJ card on EBAY ending pretty soon. I think it is great that this card is bringing strong prices.

Most of the modern cards are insert cards and this is a true base card that is bringing real money.

This should be ranked #1 in Beckett for the hottest wrestling card. Just wait until someone gets one of these graded. The first one will be a hot auction for sure.
I was actually thinking about sending my AJ that I purchased in to get graded. The only bad thing about this set is the whitening around the edges and corners. I think the card ending on eBay tonight is losing value because of the blemish on the card.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:19 PM   #40 (permalink)

The AJ sold for $62 which is a big price for a card that would grade so low.

This card had paper loss so it is like a 2 at best.

I am looking forward to seeing one of the better copies hit EBAY. It may not sell for $191 like the first card that sold recently but it will be $100+ easy.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:28 PM   #41 (permalink)

I only need one more card to have the complete set (Raquel Diaz). If anyone has this card I would be interested in it.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:35 PM   #42 (permalink)

WOW...checking back and really strong prices for other cards too. The Reigns and Hunico brought 50 each, Rollins and Ambrose 35ish...amazing. Someone else has the key cards up with huge BIN/OBO. Curious to see how they do. Its so much money it has me thinking these should be sold. Havent decided how to move them yet, but here are the ones I have. IF i sell them individually Ill give the poster looking for the Guerrero first shot:

Old 01-17-2013, 07:39 PM   #43 (permalink)

dang wish I would have jumped on these when they were on the Listia auction site. They sold for what was equivalent to a few dollars for a lot of them including the A.J.
duwal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:05 PM   #44 (permalink)

Odd, the 20 card list doesn't have Kenneth Cameron on it that I see. I would definitely need this one as well.

Just did some more research and noticed Brad Maddox, and Peter Orlov have a card but are not on the checklist I see. Does anyone have an accurate count of how many cards are in this set?

Last edited by Greengoblin782; 01-17-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:17 AM   #45 (permalink)

how about Dpeck getting $45 for the program? Also there was a BO accepted for a partial set of the cards, but it doesnt show what it was..only the asking was $500. As the FCW/NXT stars keep getting called up, this stuff is really taking off!
Old 01-31-2013, 03:43 PM   #46 (permalink)

Any estimates on how many sets where distributed?
Old 01-31-2013, 04:42 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthoemke View Post
Any estimates on how many sets where distributed?
i just wish i had bought more for $5 when they had them!
Old 01-31-2013, 05:02 PM   #48 (permalink)

I sold off the lot of FCW cards on eBay. Since I got most in a trade for cheap I feel I made out pretty well. I am almost able to pre order my case of 2013 Topps cards now.

Probably could of gotten a lot more but didn't ad the AJ in the lot.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:36 AM   #49 (permalink)

FYI - so there are 2 sellers on ebay with alot of these cards for sell, brisbaneau02 and xangelbaby925, THEY ARE THE SAME SELLER using 2 accounts to shill the bidding up. can someone with more ebay experiance maybe look into this. it's obvious, i called the seller out on it today, i initially placed bids on several of brisbaneau02's cards around july 1st, a seth rollins, dean ambrose, leakee, damian sandow and brodus clay. when i bid in an auction, i bid to win, Dpeck or Wrestling Card King can confirm this. I don't use a sniper program or even watch an auction at the last minute, i place a HIGH initial bid and check it periodically. so when i bid on brisbaneau02's cards i was imediantly outbid, so i bid again, samething kept happening so i looked at who was running me up and it was somebody with a feedback of (7) who had 90% bid activity with the seller. i said hmmm, these cards weren't in great condition some were down right pitiful. then i look at Xangelbaby925's FCW cards, who has a (7) feedback, who brisbane02 has a 97% bid activity with. I cancelled all my bids w/ brisbane02....then today i saw where all of brisbaneau02 auctions won by Xangelbaby925 had been relisted by brisbaneau02 i sent a message asking about the leakee card asking if it was the same card, the picture was th EXACT same that sold on july 5th, the responce, "no, i have stacks of these cards". if someone else wants to take a look at these cards and sellers, Please do. I really feel like they are scammers. BEWARE and don't get shilled up.
BROKENSOUL6900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:57 AM   #50 (permalink)

Stay away Brokensoul, it annoys me to know that the seller is doing this. There are many other great cards out there to collect. Your due to find some wrestling all stars PSA 10s for your sets if they ever surface or some signed ones!

PS- For you other guys here on the board, brokensoul is a good dude who bids early, pays quickly and all you can really ask for in a buyer on ebay.
wrestlingcardki is offline   Reply With Quote