Blowout Cards Forums
Halloween

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 07:15 AM   #51 (permalink)

A few things after reading back through the thread.

First what was wild was the guy who bought the program never paid and got upset with me when I relisted. I put it up for $59.99 and he snagged it and paid right away. It did have one of the Wyatt Brothers autographs in it and another up and comer.

Second boy what a mistake to throw away the second set. No matter how bad I thought they looked I should have just put them in a stack and came back to them a year later. There is a set on EBAY now with a current bid of $77. I think the cards are brutal but it doesn't matter what I think.

Third I can certainly vouch for Brokensoul. When I am a seller I am happy he is in the mix because it is as easy as an EBAY transaction can go. When I am a buyer I sometimes get nervous because I know if he wants something he is not afraid to really go after it and that means it is going to cost me. Either way he is a great person to deal with.

Just after a quick check of the bids on the item I just referenced the activity looks very suspicious. The bidder with the feedback of 8 is slowly moving the item up and has 90% of the bids with the seller. Something that sticks out to me as rather strange is the picture is of an older white women as the seller and an older black women with an NXT microphone as the buyer and she has some other NXT items listed as well. They appear to be working together.

Palm Bay, Florida is close to Melbourne and FCW used to come through there frequently. The shows in Orlando I went to were sparsely attended and I have to think if someone showed interest in the cards you could have gotten more then one set and if you worked for the organization you could have easily gotten quite a few. These were not collectors items at the time to many of the people who received them.

I think your best bet is to just sit a few auctions out and see what happens. There are more of these cards out there and now that the prices have proven to be strong more will come to market. There is another seller who is buying them and getting them graded and putting them right back up on EBAY. For a price of a card to hold you need buyers that are collectors and not just flippers. Be patient is my advice.

Last edited by dpeck100; 07-09-2013 at 02:32 PM.
dpeck100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:13 AM   #52 (permalink)

Unfortunately ebay does not care about shill bidding or many other practices that go against their policy. I have reported so many items for shilling in the past and not a single one was removed.
geoffyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #53 (permalink)

I looked back at my recent purchaces, i won 1 auction each last week from "each" seller an AJ card from xangelbaby925 and a brodus clay from brisbainau02. i had forgotten about winning these auctions honestly, but i bid on ALOT of stuff, so checked the mail last nite after fuming about this situation, the AJ from xangelbaby925 was in the mail w/ the WORST packaging EVER, card was wrapped in a piece of paper, no card saver, no top loaded, no penny sleeve, in a regular white envelope. this is a card i paid $91 for! I saved the envelope, the brodus clay from the other seller should arrive today or tomorrow, im curious to see if it will have the same packaging and hand writing. i NEVER mind paying top dollar for the cards i collect and im sure this isn't the 1st time i've been shilled up on Ebay, but this was obvious. What made me really get hot about it is I placed a bid on the second Set that Dpeck is talking about being at $77 now. when i bid it was at $15, my bid was $75. 3min after i placed my bid and became the high bidder, xangelbaby925 outbid me by $2 or $3. just seems very strange, i will avoid these sellers from here on out
BROKENSOUL6900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:34 PM   #54 (permalink)

I wouldn't be surprise if a substantual quantity of the cards were backdoored from one of the shows. Personally, I don't care to invest much in a set that was not just regional, but event specific in distribution, not to mention the cards had little or no publicity when they were released.
sthoemke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:37 PM   #55 (permalink)

Been missing out on this thread I guess. Only got one but it is a cool one. I sent it a blank card for autograph and he sent me this one and mine back. Never seen it before that day and thought it was cool.
Attached Thumbnails
Very strong action in the 2011 FCW Cards on EBAY....-dsc_0694.jpg  

2 to go for the 2012 TNA Reflexxions set! Paying well for on card autos I still need.
gentlevader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:46 PM   #56 (permalink)

WrestlingTradingCards.com - 2011 FCW Summer Slamarama Trading Cards

Interesting that he is not in the checklist. Perhaps there are others out there too.
dpeck100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:18 PM   #57 (permalink)

Just finally was able to see the 2012 FCW set.

2012 WWE FCW Trading Card Set | eBay
Greengoblin782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #58 (permalink)

RBI you've trolled this board better with actually pretty valid points within the over the top troll. I give this effort 2 stars.

With that said I do agree the price for these is a little on the high side considering we don't know how many were actually produced and many, if not all, of these guys/gals may turn out to mean nothing in the sport in a few years. Considering you can pay less for wrestling rookies of Hall of Fame guys in all stars wrestling it seems odd to pay so much for wrestlers who may flop.
bullingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #59 (permalink)

It's all about supply and demand. Of course many cards may be a gamble. That's a given, and true with every sport.

If you look at RBI's posts, you'll see almost every post is critical about wrestling card prices, with little or no evidence to support his opinions.
sthoemke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:38 PM   #60 (permalink)

He's obviously trolling pretty hard this time. There are usually a few valid or semi valid points in his posts mixed in with many more remarks made solely to get a reaction. I don't really mind RBI, but people who have let him get under their skin shouldn't. It's fairly obvious what he's doing, it's as old as the internet itself.
bullingham is offline   Reply With Quote