Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 07:56 PM   #26 (permalink)

The 2 sellers that sold the cards are located about 30 miles apart. Nearby is the town of Roanoke, VA where Ric Flair signed autographs at a furniture store in October 2008. Maybe the cards could have been distributed then.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:13 PM   #27 (permalink)

You would think the cards would have showed up prior to now if distributed at a furniture store over 4 years ago . . . but maybe those two online were signed there.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:11 PM   #28 (permalink)

Default 2005 flair heritage

The cards are real from the 2005 heritage set. They were never released. This was supposed to be ric flair's first ever certified auto in a released set but timing went crazy and he didnt get them signed in time. Then it all blew up from topps wanting them back and refusing to pay him royalties. here's the deal..... there were 150 of these sent to be autographed. His son sent them to a promoter as a gift. When he got them there were about 100 left. NONE were signed by ric flair! Theebay auto is as clear as day a FAKE as i've ever seen. Just look at his other auto's from cards...... not even close. Regardless of all this, this is a real card that was never released that has some significance because it was supposed to be ric's first auto released in packs, and it would have been on-card, not those crappy stickers. It's got to be right up there with his early 80's allstars cards to me. i bought one for a little over $100 a while back and i definately think it's worth it.
ggg1234me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #29 (permalink)

I agree, the auto looked sketchy as it comes--but the card is pretty cool. $100 is a great deal in my estimation.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:52 PM   #30 (permalink)

btw one ended a few days ago for $8 and another on bids is at $3 right now. everyone and their mother who collects wrestling cards is going to own one thus driving the price way down.
geoffyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:04 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffyb View Post
btw one ended a few days ago for $8 and another on bids is at $3 right now. everyone and their mother who collects wrestling cards is going to own one thus driving the price way down.
If it's real, someone got a good deal. Otherwise, if it's fake, someone is running these off a printing press. Seems strange 3 different sellers all in the same region all of a sudden starting listing this card. I'd like to see a high-res image comparing the back to one of the backs of the auto cards that came out of the packs.