Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 10:10 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igman7 View Post
I really don't know what universe you are looking to for values. You mention $70 on the dual announcer auto ( you forgot to mention that it is numbered to 5 and, looking at eBay looks like it actually sold for $50) but I see a Mick Foley / Jeff Jarrett that went for $15 and a triple of the Hardys and RVD numbered to 25 for $38.

You mean all of THESE super high-end Velvet Sky cards that typically sell for $4-$10? tna auto -benchwarmer -americana sky in Cards | eBay

You talk about the "low end" TNA autos ending "as little as $10" but you could actually pick up almost any of the TNA wrestlers non-numbered (and many low numbered) for well under $10. The vast majority of the wrestlers who sell for more were legends in WCW or WWE well before they went to Disneyworld.

WWE values are down with saturation as well but to try to make an argument for TNA on a value basis is reason to have you on a "Just Say No" ad.
I like the seller from that link who is trying to sell the Velvet Sky hair card for $2,500. The buyer of that one is probably locked up in his basement somewhere trying to clone a pleasure-bot of Velvet from the DNA in the hair.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:19 PM   #52 (permalink)
Banned

something really sad from wwe:

"WWE publicly states that TNA is not competition, but TNA’s recent announcement that they are taking iMPACT! Wrestling on the road has already resulted in action from WWE. Word is that WWE has started contacting a number of mid-sized arenas to put holds on them for future dates. They are doing this in order to keep TNA from running those venues.

Also, if TNA starts running live each and every week, there is talk of WWE changing their touring schedule and running shows on Thursday nights in similar markets that TNA runs."

just broke today.
shinnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:34 PM   #53 (permalink)

I saw that. Looks like Vinny Mac is playing a little hardball with TNA, kinda like the old Crockett days when they would book arenas just so the other guy couldn't have them. But, if TNA is wanting to play with the Evil Empire, that's the game they gotta be ready to play.

Luckily, since the TNA product is so strong, this shouldn't be much of an issue for TNA.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:51 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by booyahlaw View Post
I saw that. Looks like Vinny Mac is playing a little hardball with TNA, kinda like the old Crockett days when they would book arenas just so the other guy couldn't have them. But, if TNA is wanting to play with the Evil Empire, that's the game they gotta be ready to play.

Luckily, since the TNA product is so strong, this shouldn't be much of an issue for TNA.
Only issue I see would be if they try to do big PPVs in an Arena (they can't sell out a stadium). But for the markets that I see TNA in - WWE won't go that small.
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/484335-namttips-collection-threads.html --- Current Projects - Entertainment: Walking Dead and GoT - Baseball: Brian Wilson, Barry Bonds, SF Giants - Football: SF 49ers, Frank Gore, - Wrestling: Lanny Poffo, KoKo B. Ware
Namttip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:56 PM   #55 (permalink)

that's true. it's really probably not that big of an issue, other than it makes WWE look like the paranoid giant.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:09 AM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by booyahlaw View Post
that's true. it's really probably not that big of an issue, other than it makes WWE look like the paranoid giant.
Vince lost the Midas touch with football... I am actually surprised UFC didn't hurt it more than it did...
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/484335-namttips-collection-threads.html --- Current Projects - Entertainment: Walking Dead and GoT - Baseball: Brian Wilson, Barry Bonds, SF Giants - Football: SF 49ers, Frank Gore, - Wrestling: Lanny Poffo, KoKo B. Ware
Namttip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:51 AM   #57 (permalink)

i like them both great to see the rock back in wwe as ive had a brahma bull tatt on my arm for over 15 yrs now but at the mo i would say tna as i am a velvet sky fan and also smitten with tara ...........tna cards are better as you get way more hits to a box
pjc71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:26 AM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheDark View Post
Can you expand on that a bit? I don't see how a box of stuff that isn't serially numbered (not even the 1/1's!) is better quality at all.

I have no loyalty to either company (Topps or Tristar), nor either show (WWE or TNA). Both of each have their good points and bad points, I watch and buy both, and I collect what I like. But there's really no question that the cards produced for TNA are more interesting. Best thing to hit in a typical Topps release? A not numbered single auto. Best thing to hit in a typical TNA release? A multi-auto swatch 1/1. Really no contest at all as to who is putting out better cards. Not to mention that you're not even guaranteed an auto in a box of the latest Topps products.

So I'd be curious as to what you're looking at in order to measure quality.

If you're looking only at the resale value, then sure, Topps cards will sell a little faster, but if you're looking for cool cards, it's easily Tristar.

Yes, an AJ Styles auto is common. There are many reasons for it, but the biggest one is simply how many people collect AJ Styles? Not a whole lot. That's not a knock on him, he just simply doesn't have the amount of fans of say Jeff Hardy (or Sheamus for a WWE example). Also, TNA releases generally have 50+ different autographs in them, so very few people collect an entire TNA autograph set, where as more people do put the full WWE autograph sets together because there's usually only 12-15 of them per release.

March 13th could be very interesting. Rumor has it the next TNA release is going to hit March 13th and the Topps WWE release is already set to hit March 13th. If that does happen, you'll get a first hand view of how those two brands do (total listings, total sales, amounts, how long more breaks trickle out, etc.).
Do you have any info on the next TNA release? I can't find anything..
NewAgeHardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:25 PM   #59 (permalink)
Banned

i just spoke with cameron yates at tristar. literally. asked about the release date rumors and he said theres no set date yet. he said their aiming for sometime in the spring, but no set date as of yet. so, rumor crushed for now.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #60 (permalink)

Is there a sell sheet for the new TNA product? What's the release called?
Old 02-07-2013, 07:55 PM   #61 (permalink)
Banned

theres no info about it at all yet.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:48 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAgeHardcore View Post
Do you have any info on the next TNA release? I can't find anything..
Nope, just heard the date through the grapevine, which is why I said "rumor" has it. Sometimes it's right on the money (TENacious), sometimes not (2012 Signature Impact that was supposed to hit in November but didn't).

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinnox View Post
i just spoke with cameron yates at tristar. literally. asked about the release date rumors and he said theres no set date yet. he said their aiming for sometime in the spring, but no set date as of yet. so, rumor crushed for now.
March 20th is the "official" first day of spring, so the 13th isn't really out of the realm of "spring" or anything. Was actually a bit surprised they'd hit the same day, I've seen Tristar rush a release to beat Topps to the market. Sounds like on this one they'll simply delay a couple of weeks since they haven't officially released any info. Meaning delay it, but it's not really a delay since they haven't announced anything. They've always been a bit secretive about their stuff, with announcement followed by quick launches. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:30 PM   #63 (permalink)

I think if a new TNA product was coming out next month, we would have seen SOME info including a sellsheet by now. I'm thinking a summer release at the earliest..
NewAgeHardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:49 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAgeHardcore View Post
I think if a new TNA product was coming out next month, we would have seen SOME info including a sellsheet by now. I'm thinking a summer release at the earliest..
Tristar is notorious for releasing the info and then a quick release after when it comes to their TNA products, but they have gotten better recently. A couple of examples of what I mean:

Reflexxions - info 12/29, release 1/25. 4 weeks:

2012 Tristar TNA Impact Wrestling Reflexxions

Xtreme - info 11/30, release 12/22. 23 days, barely 3 weeks:

2010 Tristar TNA Xtreme Wrestling

There are some with 6 week windows, but a 3-4 week window between releasing the info and releasing the cards isn't unusual, they've done it before. I doubt at this point they release on 3/13, but to have a 4 week window they'd just have to release the sell sheet and info next week. So I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the info hit next week with a release anywhere from say the 10th through the end of the month. Of course, they could hold it longer than that, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it very soon.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #65 (permalink)
Banned

they mentioned on the 8th (day after i talked to them) that info is coming very soon. id say release info sometime this week. at least id hope. bc i asked them about 2 months ago and got the same answer lol.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:14 AM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheDark View Post
I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the info hit next week with a release anywhere from say the 10th through the end of the month. Of course, they could hold it longer than that, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it very soon.
Viola:

Tristar tweeted on the 11th: Want info on the special hits and features in TNA IMPACT WRESTLING LIVE Trading Cards? It's coming soon. Follow @TNACards for details!

https://twitter.com/TRISTAR1

Then @TNACards tweeted on the 12th: Fans of @IMPACTWRESTLING: Follow @TNACards for details in the coming days on TRISTAR's new 2013 TNA LIVE Trading Cards. In stores March 27!

https://twitter.com/TNACards

Brooke Hogan will have autographs in it. Link to the picture of her signing:

https://twitter.com/TNACards/status/...141185/photo/1

Curious to see what they are doing this time around. Hopefully a sell sheet will hit soon.