Blowout Cards Forums
Shop for NFL Draft Class of 2014 Nike Jerseys and New Era Draft Caps at NFLShop.com

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 02:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Namttip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,544
Default WWE vs TNA

So as I am getting back into the hobby and very interested in the wrestling cards (the 2012 Leaf has hooked me). When searching around I see a lot of TNA listing - is that more popular than WWE or is it just coincidence?

If yes or no - how popular is it?
__________________
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/484335-namttips-collection-threads.html --- Current Projects - Entertainment: Walking Dead and GoT - Baseball: Brian Wilson, Barry Bonds, SF Giants - Football: SF 49ers, Frank Gore, - Wrestling: Lanny Poffo, KoKo B. Ware
Namttip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: jackson
Posts: 3,668
Default

I think the wrestling and story lines are better in TNA plus the Girls are hotter. I love christy hemme
rhammond24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namttip View Post
So as I am getting back into the hobby and very interested in the wrestling cards (the 2012 Leaf has hooked me). When searching around I see a lot of TNA listing - is that more popular than WWE or is it just coincidence?

If yes or no - how popular is it?
i dont know as far as collectabilty/selling wise...but id have to guess WWE themed products.

They are mainstream with the big names- Cena, Punk, Taker, HHH...now with Rock back for a few months he might have a card or auto..plus i think they have a deal with respected Topps for all their releases.

TNA's big names might be great wrestlers in the ring (Aries, Roode, Styles, Storm)..but im not sure it translates well to a more mainstream audience like WWE will. Plus most if not all of their products are licensed through Tri Star
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Namttip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhammond24 View Post
I think the wrestling and story lines are better in TNA plus the Girls are hotter. I love christy hemme
LOL - I think Aces and 8s story line is EB and HH cross between NWO and SoA... However they will be here in March so I'll go check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
i dont know as far as collectabilty/selling wise...but id have to guess WWE themed products.

They are mainstream with the big names- Cena, Punk, Taker, HHH...now with Rock back for a few months he might have a card or auto..plus i think they have a deal with respected Topps for all their releases.

TNA's big names might be great wrestlers in the ring (Aries, Roode, Styles, Storm)..but im not sure it translates well to a more mainstream audience like WWE will. Plus most if not all of their products are licensed through Tri Star
Just searching for some things - I seem to see more TNA.... I would agree with your assessment, because that was mine.
__________________
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/484335-namttips-collection-threads.html --- Current Projects - Entertainment: Walking Dead and GoT - Baseball: Brian Wilson, Barry Bonds, SF Giants - Football: SF 49ers, Frank Gore, - Wrestling: Lanny Poffo, KoKo B. Ware
Namttip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 266
Default

TNA overproduces sets at a hysterical rate. Really, how many AJ Styles' autos does a person need? TNA is by no means more popular.
__________________
Collecting primarily pre-1980s non-sport, wrestling and regional issue basketball, baseball and football
http://s353.photobucket.com/albums/r387/booyahlaw/
booyahlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cozad, NE
Posts: 632
Default

TNA will never be any real type of competition to WWE and even though 80% of their wrestlers were either in WWE or under contract by them at one point only proves that. When WWE lets a person go they obviously feel they are no threat to their ratings, etc. especially when you have people like Hogan, Flair, Angle, Mr. Anderson (Kennedy), Dudleys, Nash, XPac, Lashley, etc etc ..going to TNA and never seeing a blip in ratings increases. If WWE and TNA were smart they would actually work together to increase interest like the old Monday Night Wars did. I think maybe something like a Survivor Series match between WWE/TNA would increase viewers to both products. Card wise, WWE is much less produced in the auto area being one auto every other box, where you can get a TNA auto in blasters, although I have never pulled a great auto out of a TNA blaster.
thepick88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Namttip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by booyahlaw View Post
TNA overproduces sets at a hysterical rate. Really, how many AJ Styles' autos does a person need? TNA is by no means more popular.
I think you summed it up there - even if I phrased the question incorrectly. The overproduced sets is probably the reason I am seeing them everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepick88 View Post
TNA will never be any real type of competition to WWE and even though 80% of their wrestlers were either in WWE or under contract by them at one point only proves that. When WWE lets a person go they obviously feel they are no threat to their ratings, etc. especially when you have people like Hogan, Flair, Angle, Mr. Anderson (Kennedy), Dudleys, Nash, XPac, Lashley, etc etc ..going to TNA and never seeing a blip in ratings increases. If WWE and TNA were smart they would actually work together to increase interest like the old Monday Night Wars did. I think maybe something like a Survivor Series match between WWE/TNA would increase viewers to both products. Card wise, WWE is much less produced in the auto area being one auto every other box, where you can get a TNA auto in blasters, although I have never pulled a great auto out of a TNA blaster.
If I remember correctly the Angle switch did have quite a bit of rating increase.... but I forget the numbers now and it's not worth going to research

So you are telling me having Bischoff, Russo, and Hogan again won't beat Vinny Mac in a war this time around? I guess it's now them against Levesque...

On another note - how high is the demand on some of the other things - like those Japanese sets that were posted in another post?
__________________
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/484335-namttips-collection-threads.html --- Current Projects - Entertainment: Walking Dead and GoT - Baseball: Brian Wilson, Barry Bonds, SF Giants - Football: SF 49ers, Frank Gore, - Wrestling: Lanny Poffo, KoKo B. Ware
Namttip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
KeithKards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 789
Send a message via Yahoo to KeithKards
Default

WWE is by far a better product. Watching TNA Impact is like watching a cartoon show. There wrestlers are real good, but the way they do the show is a joke. My mom says it reminds her of the final days of WCW. But that might change soon. TNA just announced that starting in March they will take there TNA Impact shows on the road. There first road show will be in Chicago.
__________________
My PC Want List: Eddie Lacy, Peyton Manning, AP, Russell Wilson, Collin Kapernick, RG3, Nolan Ryan, Bryce Harper, Yasil Puig, Derek Jeter and Michael Jordan.
My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/KeithKards
Photobucket: http://s1354.photobucket.com/user/keithkards/library/?sort=3&page=1
KeithKards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Namttip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithKards View Post
WWE is by far a better product. Watching TNA Impact is like watching a cartoon show. There wrestlers are real good, but the way they do the show is a joke. My mom says it reminds her of the final days of WCW. But that might change soon. TNA just announced that starting in March they will take there TNA Impact shows on the road. There first road show will be in Chicago.
I don't know about far better - there is a lot of junk in WWE - Tensai....

TNA's researched has shown supposedly that their audience likes the stupid entrances and promos....

They do quite a few house shows - they travel all the way out here to western Kansas - they seem to be picking up the areas that WWE isn't...
__________________
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/484335-namttips-collection-threads.html --- Current Projects - Entertainment: Walking Dead and GoT - Baseball: Brian Wilson, Barry Bonds, SF Giants - Football: SF 49ers, Frank Gore, - Wrestling: Lanny Poffo, KoKo B. Ware
Namttip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
natbornkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: bkNY
Posts: 13,906
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithkards View Post
wwe is by far a better product. Watching tna impact is like watching a cartoon show. There wrestlers are real good, but the way they do the show is a joke. My mom says it reminds her of the final days of wcw. But that might change soon. Tna just announced that starting in march they will take there tna impact shows on the road. There first road show will be in chicago.
cartoon tna ?
You can drop an avil on cenas head and he would kick out
__________________
this one goes out to some of the members
http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?title=dee-dee-dee-song&videoId=72779

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
MasterOfTheDark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by booyahlaw View Post
TNA overproduces sets at a hysterical rate.
Not true. There have only been three releases the last 2 years.

2012 TNA TENacious - 75 cases
2012 TNA Reflexxions - 100 cases

2011 TNA Signature Impact - 90 cases

2010 had 3 releases, 2009 had 2, and 2008 had 2.

10 releases in 6 years isn't too much, and isn't even close to a "hysterical rate" at all. Topps generally does 3 releases per year and they produce much higher quantity of each release. For example: Triple H autos were one per 1,500 boxes in the 2012 Topps WWE release. TENacious had 1,800 boxes made total.

There are also a lot more things in a TNA box to sell. The last release had 3 autos, 1 swatch (or cut auto), 1 short print high number card, and 2 parallels per box. WWE has 3 things per box (1 auto or mat, 1 shirt, 1 parallel). Not to mention the TNA cards are far superior to the Topps cards. All the hits are numbered, different level parallels, multi-autos, multi-swatches, kisses, and auto swatches. Topps pales in comparison on quality when compared to what Tristar puts out for TNA.

However, the TNA releases are much more expensive at launch (too expensive) and they have a smaller audience that buys their cards, so they generally stick around on Ebay longer than WWE cards do. Topps WWE products also sell out on occasion, where as TNA products don't usually do that, so right now people are busting 2009, 2010, 2011 at discounts, where as the WWE stuff from those years is harder to find.

So given the information, it's not surprising there's a lot more TNA stuff on Ebay than there is WWE stuff. But it isn't because TNA stuff is overproduced.
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 406
Default

I am a pretty big wrestling collector and I don't own anything TNA except for base sets that I kept in the closet. I have over 400 autos in my collection and not one of them is TNA. I overall find TNA products to be less quality than wwe ones. Also resell is very bad on TNA cards. I will no longer bust any TNA products. You can pull plenty of $1 autos out of those while the lesser people in wwe products, still get around $5. I am not trying to start any heated argument but this is my opinion.
__________________
http://s747.photobucket.com/albums/xx118/warriordude/
sportsdude11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Namttip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
cartoon tna ?
You can drop an avil on cenas head and he would kick out
Here goes the argument of reality....

Each era has to have the super hero.... Can't argue on how much merch JC sells...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheDark View Post
Not true. There have only been three releases the last 2 years.

2012 TNA TENacious - 75 cases
2012 TNA Reflexxions - 100 cases

2011 TNA Signature Impact - 90 cases

2010 had 3 releases, 2009 had 2, and 2008 had 2.

10 releases in 6 years isn't too much, and isn't even close to a "hysterical rate" at all. Topps generally does 3 releases per year and they produce much higher quantity of each release. For example: Triple H autos were one per 1,500 boxes in the 2012 Topps WWE release. TENacious had 1,800 boxes made total.

There are also a lot more things in a TNA box to sell. The last release had 3 autos, 1 swatch (or cut auto), 1 short print high number card, and 2 parallels per box. WWE has 3 things per box (1 auto or mat, 1 shirt, 1 parallel). Not to mention the TNA cards are far superior to the Topps cards. All the hits are numbered, different level parallels, multi-autos, multi-swatches, kisses, and auto swatches. Topps pales in comparison on quality when compared to what Tristar puts out for TNA.

However, the TNA releases are much more expensive at launch (too expensive) and they have a smaller audience that buys their cards, so they generally stick around on Ebay longer than WWE cards do. Topps WWE products also sell out on occasion, where as TNA products don't usually do that, so right now people are busting 2009, 2010, 2011 at discounts, where as the WWE stuff from those years is harder to find.

So given the information, it's not surprising there's a lot more TNA stuff on Ebay than there is WWE stuff. But it isn't because TNA stuff is overproduced.
Great post... this is what I had initially expected and now that makes more sense. However given your numbers - just based on the lower TNA numbers spread among the limited wrestler pool they have - wouldn't something like an AJ Styles auto be fairly common... I don't really have a comparison just thinking out loud here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude11 View Post
I am a pretty big wrestling collector and I don't own anything TNA except for base sets that I kept in the closet. I have over 400 autos in my collection and not one of them is TNA. I overall find TNA products to be less quality than wwe ones. Also resell is very bad on TNA cards. I will no longer bust any TNA products. You can pull plenty of $1 autos out of those while the lesser people in wwe products, still get around $5. I am not trying to start any heated argument but this is my opinion.
I would imagine that you would be a WWF fan also? Given the deep history of WWE there seems like a lot more to collect. Just wondering...

Also an argument is good for all of us - discussion helps educate

Anyone know if there are any autos out there of Wrestler's real names?

Are there any ROH products out there?
__________________
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/484335-namttips-collection-threads.html --- Current Projects - Entertainment: Walking Dead and GoT - Baseball: Brian Wilson, Barry Bonds, SF Giants - Football: SF 49ers, Frank Gore, - Wrestling: Lanny Poffo, KoKo B. Ware
Namttip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 406
Default

I actually didn't start watching wrestling til 2007/2008. So I really didn't see any of WCW/wwf days. I will once in a while buy a DVD of the older matches but I am a more modern wrestling fan, especially since that is all I have watched on a regular basis. But on a card basis yes, I will collect WCW and wwf cards. I understand that they were significant at one point and still are. The WCW auto set was way ahead of its time and I don't think it will ever be matched in terms of a significant auto set
__________________
http://s747.photobucket.com/albums/xx118/warriordude/
sportsdude11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,613
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
cartoon tna ?
You can drop an avil on cenas head and he would kick out

and can it WWE not look cartoony when they parade out Great Khali, Hornswoggle and Natlays for a match against something like Three Man Band.


TNA is not a threat to WWE but I think dollar for dollar they put on a better show. The production cost and overall budget is a percentage of what WWE does. If they had the same budget down the line I'd think TNA could put on a more entertaining show
duwal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,613
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
i dont know as far as collectabilty/selling wise...but id have to guess WWE themed products.

They are mainstream with the big names- Cena, Punk, Taker, HHH...now with Rock back for a few months he might have a card or auto..plus i think they have a deal with respected Topps for all their releases.

TNA's big names might be great wrestlers in the ring (Aries, Roode, Styles, Storm)..but im not sure it translates well to a more mainstream audience like WWE will. Plus most if not all of their products are licensed through Tri Star

TNA also has the big time veterans that have signed a lot for them like Hogan, Flair, Sting...
duwal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Namttip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude11 View Post
I actually didn't start watching wrestling til 2007/2008. So I really didn't see any of WCW/wwf days. I will once in a while buy a DVD of the older matches but I am a more modern wrestling fan, especially since that is all I have watched on a regular basis. But on a card basis yes, I will collect WCW and wwf cards. I understand that they were significant at one point and still are. The WCW auto set was way ahead of its time and I don't think it will ever be matched in terms of a significant auto set
I missed the mark on that... the "heyday" of ECW, WWF, WCW, EMLL, New Japan, NOAH... was very interesting and diverse. Now with basically only two on TV it's very similar to me, but I've seen a lot of the story lines before. I just want Dolph to have the title for three years....

The TNA show I went to last year was very good. Aires vs the dood with the fro and the hairspray (Ion maybe - Zima Ion...?) was a hell of a house show match.

How hard would it be to put the WCW auto set together today? That was when I came back to wrestling.
__________________
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/484335-namttips-collection-threads.html --- Current Projects - Entertainment: Walking Dead and GoT - Baseball: Brian Wilson, Barry Bonds, SF Giants - Football: SF 49ers, Frank Gore, - Wrestling: Lanny Poffo, KoKo B. Ware
Namttip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
MasterOfTheDark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude11 View Post
I overall find TNA products to be less quality than wwe ones.
Can you expand on that a bit? I don't see how a box of stuff that isn't serially numbered (not even the 1/1's!) is better quality at all.

I have no loyalty to either company (Topps or Tristar), nor either show (WWE or TNA). Both of each have their good points and bad points, I watch and buy both, and I collect what I like. But there's really no question that the cards produced for TNA are more interesting. Best thing to hit in a typical Topps release? A not numbered single auto. Best thing to hit in a typical TNA release? A multi-auto swatch 1/1. Really no contest at all as to who is putting out better cards. Not to mention that you're not even guaranteed an auto in a box of the latest Topps products.

So I'd be curious as to what you're looking at in order to measure quality.

If you're looking only at the resale value, then sure, Topps cards will sell a little faster, but if you're looking for cool cards, it's easily Tristar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namttip View Post
Great post... this is what I had initially expected and now that makes more sense. However given your numbers - just based on the lower TNA numbers spread among the limited wrestler pool they have - wouldn't something like an AJ Styles auto be fairly common... I don't really have a comparison just thinking out loud here.
Yes, an AJ Styles auto is common. There are many reasons for it, but the biggest one is simply how many people collect AJ Styles? Not a whole lot. That's not a knock on him, he just simply doesn't have the amount of fans of say Jeff Hardy (or Sheamus for a WWE example). Also, TNA releases generally have 50+ different autographs in them, so very few people collect an entire TNA autograph set, where as more people do put the full WWE autograph sets together because there's usually only 12-15 of them per release.

March 13th could be very interesting. Rumor has it the next TNA release is going to hit March 13th and the Topps WWE release is already set to hit March 13th. If that does happen, you'll get a first hand view of how those two brands do (total listings, total sales, amounts, how long more breaks trickle out, etc.).
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,613
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namttip View Post


Great post... this is what I had initially expected and now that makes more sense. However given your numbers - just based on the lower TNA numbers spread among the limited wrestler pool they have - wouldn't something like an AJ Styles auto be fairly common... I don't really have a comparison just thinking out loud here.

not really because when you think of it TNA's autograph checklist, well like 2011 TNA Signature has 50 different wrestlers/personnel that are in the product including over a dozen female ones while I believe most WWE autograph sets don't go over 15-20 wrestlers so in fairness it might actually be harder to pull the TNA autograph you want to get over a WWE one based on the amount of different signers
duwal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Namttip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheDark View Post
Best thing to hit in a typical Topps release? A not numbered single auto. Best thing to hit in a typical TNA release? A multi-auto swatch 1/1.

If you're looking only at the resale value, then sure, Topps cards will sell a little faster, but if you're looking for cool cards, it's easily Tristar.
That's a good point... there are some interesting cards out there, but they all seem to be all over the place and I wasn't too familiar with Tristar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheDark View Post
Yes, an AJ Styles auto is common. There are many reasons for it, but the biggest one is simply how many people collect AJ Styles? Not a whole lot. That's not a knock on him, he just simply doesn't have the amount of fans of say Jeff Hardy (or Sheamus for a WWE example).
Interesting comparison - but a great one. That puts it into a very fair light as to how popular TNA is (since AJ Styles is basically just a TNA guy - though he did have some WCW matches early).

I hate Sheamus... his character is like a bad Hillbilly Jim - but the kids seem to love him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheDark View Post
March 13th could be very interesting.
Right on - thanks for the post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
not really because when you think of it TNA's autograph checklist, well like 2011 TNA Signature has 50 different wrestlers/personnel that are in the product including over a dozen female ones while I believe most WWE autograph sets don't go over 15-20 wrestlers so in fairness it might actually be harder to pull the TNA autograph you want to get over a WWE one based on the amount of different signers
Valid point - I have not done a lot of research, so thinking about it like that makes a lot of sense. Basically I am coming up with like all things it comes down to taste and individual desire
__________________
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/484335-namttips-collection-threads.html --- Current Projects - Entertainment: Walking Dead and GoT - Baseball: Brian Wilson, Barry Bonds, SF Giants - Football: SF 49ers, Frank Gore, - Wrestling: Lanny Poffo, KoKo B. Ware
Namttip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
MasterOfTheDark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namttip View Post
That puts it into a very fair light as to how popular TNA is
TNA Impact does between 900,000 and 1.2 million viewers each week. WWE does around 4 million for Raw each week.

WWE pay-per-views vary quite a bit, but 170,000 buys is considered bad internally by the WWE, where as TNA pay-per-views do significantly less.

For example:

WWE TLC 12/16/12 - 170,000 buys
TNA Final Resolution 12/9/12 - 11,000 buys (that is not a typo, 11 thousand)

WWE Survivor Series 11/18/12 - 212,000 buys
TNA Turning Point 11/11/12 - 11,000 buys (again, not a typo, 11 thousand)

Full list for 2012 can be found here:

2012 PPV Figures - Gerweck.net

Just more info as far as the popularity of the two brands.
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:28 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Namttip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheDark View Post
TNA Impact does between 900,000 and 1.2 million viewers each week. WWE does around 4 million for Raw each week.

WWE pay-per-views vary quite a bit, but 170,000 buys is considered bad internally by the WWE, where as TNA pay-per-views do significantly less.

For example:

WWE TLC 12/16/12 - 170,000 buys
TNA Final Resolution 12/9/12 - 11,000 buys (that is not a typo, 11 thousand)

WWE Survivor Series 11/18/12 - 212,000 buys
TNA Turning Point 11/11/12 - 11,000 buys (again, not a typo, 11 thousand)

Full list for 2012 can be found here:

2012 PPV Figures - Gerweck.net

Just more info as far as the popularity of the two brands.
Right right... but I wasn't counting the other 2.8 million WWE also buying cards and if you were spending money to get an auto you would prefer AJ over Sheamus.... maybe a better translation would be for Sheamus over Sting?
__________________
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/484335-namttips-collection-threads.html --- Current Projects - Entertainment: Walking Dead and GoT - Baseball: Brian Wilson, Barry Bonds, SF Giants - Football: SF 49ers, Frank Gore, - Wrestling: Lanny Poffo, KoKo B. Ware
Namttip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
DwightWall122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Orlando, FL (USA)
Posts: 1,606
Default

Velvet Sky, Angelina Love, Madison Rayne, Christy Hemme =

I still prefer WWE though. I definitely like the idea of TNA taking their show on the road, the Impact Zone here in Orlando just doesn't cut it! Plus half of the people in there are just tourists visiting Universal Studios looking for a FREE show to watch.
__________________
My Picasa Album: UNDER CONSTRUCTION
NBA: UNDER CONSTRUCTION
WWE/TNA Impact!/Benchwarmers: UNDER CONSTRUCTION
***"Insert Funny Quote Here!"***
DwightWall122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:48 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
MasterOfTheDark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namttip View Post
Right right... but I wasn't counting the other 2.8 million WWE also buying cards and if you were spending money to get an auto you would prefer AJ over Sheamus.... maybe a better translation would be for Sheamus over Sting?
Nah, I'd rather have Sting over Sheamus personally, but I'd take Sheamus over a AJ (if we're talking not serially numbered cards). I'd rank them Sting/Sheamus/AJ Styles. Sting is also more valuable if we're talking about the selling value. The numbering is what comes into question on both value and what I'd rather own. I mean personally, I'd rather have an AJ Styles auto numbered to 10 or less over a not numbered Sheamus auto. I might even take an AJ Styles numbered to 25 over a not numbered Sheamus auto. Coin flip for me, but the resale value at that point flips over to a not numbered Sheamus probably selling for more at auction going up against an AJ Styles numbered to 25. The Sheamus is then "worth" more than an AJ Styles /25, but personally, the AJ /25 would be "worth" more in my eyes for my collection.

It all really depends on what definition of "value" is being used. Selling value, true value based on how hard to find, or personal value.
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Namttip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheDark View Post
Nah, I'd rather have Sting over Sheamus personally, but I'd take Sheamus over a AJ (if we're talking not serially numbered cards). I'd rank them Sting/Sheamus/AJ Styles.
Makes sense if I would have thought about it - just reading it first it surprised me about Sheamus > AJ.... makes sense now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheDark View Post
It all really depends on what definition of "value" is being used. Selling value, true value based on how hard to find, or personal value.
It's all dependent - but you've really hit the nail on the head. Just getting into this I've been watching the Kap cards in football just to get a eb an flow of the hobby again. However this wrestling seems to be all over the place
__________________
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/484335-namttips-collection-threads.html --- Current Projects - Entertainment: Walking Dead and GoT - Baseball: Brian Wilson, Barry Bonds, SF Giants - Football: SF 49ers, Frank Gore, - Wrestling: Lanny Poffo, KoKo B. Ware
Namttip is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.