Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 07:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 1982 Wrestling All Stars Series A #13 Bruno Sammartino PSA 10 Gem Mint....

I am a long time wrestling fan and I was thrilled to hear that Bruno Sammartino was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.

This paved the way for him signing a legends contract with the WWE and he will now be featured in many projects which is great for fans.

In April of 2010 I first submitted cards to PSA and they all came from a sealed set of the 1982 Series A.

This was one of the cards I sent in and it came back a PSA 10. At the current time it remains a Pop 1.

dpeck100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Awesome card, like red border on it.

Wonder when Bruno dvd set will come out from wwe. It should have some classic matches on it.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

Awesome card!!! You got bragging rights on that grade!
Old 02-10-2013, 03:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

Dpeck what do you think of Backlund going into the WWE HOF as well.
Is his 1982 All Star card a tough one. Would these both be Bruno and Backlunds rookies? What is Mick Foley rookie card, he is also going in this year. Pretty good class.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

I think Backlund going into the WWE Hall of Fame is great.

It is easy to forget what a big draw he was in New York and what a great performer he was.

If you watch some of his matches you can tell he was insanely strong. I remember seeing a clip where he picked up Ivan Koloff with one arm. That is impressive.

There is only one PSA 10 of Backlund which I do not own and seven PSA 9's which I own five of so yes it is a tough card for sure. All of the 1982 Series A are tough in high grade.

Bruno has an older exhibit card from 1964 so you might consider that the rookie and both are featured in the 1978 and 1981 paper card sets. I personally have no interest in the paper cards and they will never be as popular as the Wrestling All Stars which are the first hard stock trading cards from wrestling since the 1955 Parkhurst sets.

Mick Foley or Cactus Jack is in the 1993 WCW Magazine set along with Steve Austin. These are perforated cards and are certainly worth looking into.

I personally really enjoy watching the Hall of Fame induction ceremony and think this is a very exciting year. Both Backlund and Bruno were good wrestlers and I think the place is going to go nuts for Bruno.

Trish Stratus will get a nice pop too for obvious reasons.

I was not of age to see Bruno is his prime but I think there is going to be a lift in all Bruno wrestling items as he was incredibly popular at one time and the Hall of Fame is a huge catalyst for his popularity.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

The sepia green color Exhibit (rare!) is considered the 1st card. Also as B&W Exhibit which is fairly common.

Bruno also has quite a few other early cards. There is the 1978 US Sportscaster (also a & b versions), and 2 foriegn Sportscasters (tough!), at least 2 1970's Boyd Pierce studio photo cards (these are getting impossible), at least 1 (maybe more) studio photo card from the 1960's (these don't come up for sale often anymore), 1978 Victory Sports 5x7 photo (super tough-but you can see ads for these in the magazines of the same year), several Monty Gum cards (getting tought to pick up at reasonably priced singles), the 1985 Wrestling All Stars card (complete set is hot, and singles really tough). Also the LJN Figures cut-out card (also foreign variations?).
Old 02-11-2013, 04:13 PM   #7 (permalink)

There is also a deck of Bruno Sammartino playing cards from the 1970's...
Old 02-14-2013, 10:21 AM   #8 (permalink)

dpeck what kind prices do you think your 1982 Bruno PSA 10 All Star would go for now. Also the pop 1 psa 10 Backlund.

Do you know who owns the Backlund? Maybe with his WWE HOF induction we will see it come out of the woodwork and up for sale.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #9 (permalink)

I think the Bruno could easily sell for $500 or more. It really would just depend on who would come out of the woodwork for the card.

There are a lot of people that are not collecting the set and sometimes just want to own a nice card of their favorite wrestlers and with it being a Pop 1 it certainly would add to the appeal.

The Backlund came on EBAY a few months back and he wanted big money for it. It came down and never resurfaced and I think it was purchased in an off EBAY deal. I would think Backlund would sell for a nice price too since it is a Pop 1. The up coming Hall of Fame induction can't hurt his cards but I think if I had to bet Bruno collectables will get more of a lift then Backlund.