Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 02:35 AM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthoemke View Post
There's plenty online to buy, but I can live without it. Razor Ramon was perhaps the only wrestler I couldn't stand.
you mean you weren't oozing machismo for the Bad Guy?
hitman1116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:14 AM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Just 1 white base Poffo.

Redeemptions from the case were:

Piper #/50 & Jimmy Hart #/5 !!!

I needed the Piper for my set. (Road Warrior Animal too if that really counts as part of the set)

The only card I need now is Scott Hall, but don't feel like paying $100+ for one.
That's some good luck with the redemptions! Redeemed a Piper and Hart yesterday and got base on both.. Most likely gonna move my Piper and some $ for a colored version.
Krayzie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:16 AM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayzie83 View Post
That's some good luck with the redemptions! Redeemed a Piper and Hart yesterday and got base on both.. Most likely gonna move my Piper and some $ for a colored version.

Are you (or anyone else) putting a set together? I am doing well with the Yellow version. I would estimate 75% complete.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:03 AM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
Are you (or anyone else) putting a set together? I am doing well with the Yellow version. I would estimate 75% complete.
Initially I was just chasing childhood favorites but after seeing Ty Hopes multicolor set scan I was inspired to chase them all. For my set I plan on picking up 1 version per wrestler with an emphasis on inscriptions and color as I love the variety (though I'm fine with base space holders lol). Couldn't even begin to imagine how tough it must be to chase after 1 color, gonna look amazing when you're done though!
Old 03-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Initially I was just chasing childhood favorites but after seeing Ty Hopes multicolor set scan I was inspired to chase them all. For my set I plan on picking up 1 version per wrestler with an emphasis on inscriptions and color as I love the variety (though I'm fine with base space holders lol). Couldn't even begin to imagine how tough it must be to chase after 1 color, gonna look amazing when you're done though!

Thank you. There are a few (Flair /25, Hogan /25, etc) that are tough finds. I will get there eventually.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #81 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Thank you. There are a few (Flair /25, Hogan /25, etc) that are tough finds. I will get there eventually.
Hey Marcus-
Do you need the Yellow Sid /25 I pulled in the box the other day?

LMK and I will drop it in the mail

Jon

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:23 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
Hey Marcus-
Do you need the Yellow Sid /25 I pulled in the box the other day?

LMK and I will drop it in the mail

Jon
Hey Jon,

Thank you for the offer but Ihave that one already.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:00 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
I am getting one of each wrestler and then going to work on getting base and alts in any color of each.

I am going to try and rainbow KoKo and Poffo - I have all but red Poffos and the black base.

I am missing black Kokos and plates, but have the other rainbows, I think....
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/484335-namttips-collection-threads.html --- Current Projects - Entertainment: Walking Dead and GoT - Baseball: Brian Wilson, Barry Bonds, SF Giants - Football: SF 49ers, Frank Gore, - Wrestling: Lanny Poffo, KoKo B. Ware
Namttip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:57 AM   #84 (permalink)

Finally snagged a Superstar Billy Graham auto! So excited, he accepted my offer of $45 free shipping, I think this was a reasonable price.

2012 Leaf Originals Wrestling Billy Graham on Card Autograph Yellow Ser 25 RARE | eBay

Thanks
Mike
Aug06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:08 AM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aug06 View Post
Finally snagged a Superstar Billy Graham auto! So excited, he accepted my offer of $45 free shipping, I think this was a reasonable price.

2012 Leaf Originals Wrestling Billy Graham on Card Autograph Yellow Ser 25 RARE | eBay

Thanks
Mike
Nice pick up. I am still searching for one for my set.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:10 AM   #86 (permalink)

Nice Superstar. I still need to get one of his. He has a cool looking auto.

Nammtipp you need to show off the Koko collection. He has most colorful cards in the set. You also collecting them with little wings version he signs on some.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aug06 View Post

Thanks
Mike
Very nice! Just picked up the Green Ink Alternate base from the same seller.. She's very easy to work with!
Old 03-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Very nice! Just picked up the Green Ink Alternate base from the same seller.. She's very easy to work with!
If you dont mind me asking, how much did you get the green auto for?..I think I remember seeing that one a few days ago?

Mike
Aug06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnft17 View Post
Nammtipp you need to show off the Koko collection. He has most colorful cards in the set. You also collecting them with little wings version he signs on some.
Yeah... so after the 4 days off from snow (I teach HS and college), I've had to make-up all that time. Oh and I am finishing up a master's, one of the two finals are Friday. To sum all that up we took 24 students up to KSU for a campus visit in a day...

So with all that, my constant procrastination, and my GF asking me "Ummmm why are you getting all of these packages and not mailing anything off..." I hope to get my collections posted and my trade / sell updated.

I grabbed a Flair by accident the other day, so I am down to Hogan, Hall, Nash, and Piper.

As for the KoKo's... I think I have one alternate signature.

Speaking of Flurries - did everyone see the plethora of graded that are up. I am interested in seeing what they go for...
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/484335-namttips-collection-threads.html --- Current Projects - Entertainment: Walking Dead and GoT - Baseball: Brian Wilson, Barry Bonds, SF Giants - Football: SF 49ers, Frank Gore, - Wrestling: Lanny Poffo, KoKo B. Ware
Old 03-04-2013, 08:21 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namttip View Post
Yeah... so after the 4 days off from snow (I teach HS and college), I've had to make-up all that time. Oh and I am finishing up a master's, one of the two finals are Friday. To sum all that up we took 24 students up to KSU for a campus visit in a day...

So with all that, my constant procrastination, and my GF asking me "Ummmm why are you getting all of these packages and not mailing anything off..." I hope to get my collections posted and my trade / sell updated.

I grabbed a Flair by accident the other day, so I am down to Hogan, Hall, Nash, and Piper.

As for the KoKo's... I think I have one alternate signature.

Speaking of Flurries - did everyone see the plethora of graded that are up. I am interested in seeing what they go for...
I'll definitely be keeping an eye on the graded ones as I'm curious where they'll end myself! Should be finding out this week on the grades of my 2 Halls, Nash inscription and Bret Hart.. Have another 5-6 I plan on sending off by the end of the month as well.

Aug06- pm sent
Old 03-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #91 (permalink)

Side question . . . what is BGS's standard card grading price compared to the grading price for card grading and autograph grading (as is apparent on the recent Leaf wrestling listings)?
Old 03-04-2013, 08:37 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by booyahlaw View Post
Side question . . . what is BGS's standard card grading price compared to the grading price for card grading and autograph grading (as is apparent on the recent Leaf wrestling listings)?
Not sure I read this right, but autograph grading is another $1-2 on top of the card grading depending on the promotion. It's mandatory for all autographed cards, sometimes the auto grade is on the back though.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:21 PM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
Not sure I read this right, but autograph grading is another $1-2 on top of the card grading depending on the promotion. It's mandatory for all autographed cards, sometimes the auto grade is on the back though.
That gives me the ballpark I was wondering about--thanks
Old 03-04-2013, 11:16 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
I'll definitely be keeping an eye on the graded ones as I'm curious where they'll end myself! Should be finding out this week on the grades of my 2 Halls, Nash inscription and Bret Hart.. Have another 5-6 I plan on sending off by the end of the month as well.

Aug06- pm sent
Anyone seen any 10s yet.... I don't think I have.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #95 (permalink)

Love seeing some more BGS graded cards show up. Will be watching those.
Amazing grade of Flair printing plate getting a 9.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:14 AM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namttip View Post
Anyone seen any 10s yet.... I don't think I have.
Haven't seen scans but so far there's 3 BGS 10's in existance-

All from the Alternate Art Base Set-
Bret Hart
Hillbilly Jim
Rick Martel

Both Plates graded well! 9 for the Flair and 9.5 for a Hogan (base).. Really suprising considering all the wear and tear I thought went into a printing plate how clean they've shown up on the secondary market!
Old 03-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
Haven't seen scans but so far there's 3 BGS 10's in existance-

All from the Alternate Art Base Set-
Bret Hart
Hillbilly Jim
Rick Martel

Both Plates graded well! 9 for the Flair and 9.5 for a Hogan (base).. Really suprising considering all the wear and tear I thought went into a printing plate how clean they've shown up on the secondary market!
I don't think they are the actual printing plates used. If they were wouldn't they have to have a reverse image in order to get a correct image on a card. I may be wrong but that's my thought
Old 03-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude11 View Post
I don't think they are the actual printing plates used. If they were wouldn't they have to have a reverse image in order to get a correct image on a card. I may be wrong but that's my thought
The printing plates don't actually touch the cards. Depending on the press, it is plates to rollers to cardstock, or plates to rollers to other rollers to cardstock. So depending on the type of press, plates could be reverse, or not reverse images.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:40 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
The printing plates don't actually touch the cards. Depending on the press, it is plates to rollers to cardstock, or plates to rollers to other rollers to cardstock. So depending on the type of press, plates could be reverse, or not reverse images.
I didn't know that, thanks for the info
Old 03-05-2013, 09:04 PM   #100 (permalink)

I Googled but came up with nothing....is there a 1/1 tracker/list?