Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 09:55 AM   #101 (permalink)

Too bad Paul Bearer never was in Series 1.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:57 AM   #102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namttip View Post
Anyone seen any 10s yet.... I don't think I have.
Just got my grades back. No 10's but I did land a 9.5 on my Scott Hall yellow
Krayzie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:34 AM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayzie83 View Post
Just got my grades back. No 10's but I did land a 9.5 on my Scott Hall yellow

Awesome!

Congrats!

I received your PM - I will get back to you after work.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:19 AM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
Too bad Paul Bearer never was in Series 1.
He did get into Heritage. I was always going to grab one, maybe down the line. Sure getting a huge spike now.

Cool seeing more Leaf getting graded.
I heard someone got a 10/10 of Hart and Martel.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #105 (permalink)

I have a Blue Hogan /25 at BGS now.

When my Hogan Red /10 comes in, I will send it off to BGS.

Hoping for some 9.5s.

I am shocked that most of these are not coming back as 9.5. These types of cards, generally grade strong.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:46 AM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
I have a Blue Hogan /25 at BGS now.

When my Hogan Red /10 comes in, I will send it off to BGS.

Hoping for some 9.5s.

I am shocked that most of these are not coming back as 9.5. These types of cards, generally grade strong.
I've noticed that centering is a big factor if you will get a 9.5 or not. Normally all the other grades are pretty high but centering on some cards are bad. The latest batch that hit eBay had I believe 0 9.5 or 10 centering grades on them, so that makes it difficult for them to et a 9.5 overall
Old 03-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #107 (permalink)

Overall how long did it take to send and receive from BGS? I have the Yellow BIlly Graham /25 I would love to send out.
Aug06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aug06 View Post
Overall how long did it take to send and receive from BGS? I have the Yellow BIlly Graham /25 I would love to send out.
That depends on the level of service you select (from 2 day day up to 45 day). After receiving your cards they count every business day (minus holidays) towards their deadline to provide you with your grades. It's not really cost effective to send in one card alone though as shipping/insurance is very pricey. You'd be looking at close to cost of card if not more in that situation. I'd suggest joining a group sub if you only plan on sending one.

Still waiting on a Piper base redemption ("processing" since Feb. 28th) but after that I plan on sending another 7-10 myself. Best of luck should you decide to grade the Graham!
Old 03-08-2013, 02:07 PM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namttip View Post
So who outbid me on the stuff that just ended... Center piece was:
2012 Leaf Originals Wrestling Black Scott Hall Signed Auto 1 1 | eBay

Well exceeded my $180 budget... but damn nice card.

I know some people on here got something... well at least I hope they did.
I am the one who got the scott hall black. I think it was a fair deal just because of all that he accomplished and he was probably the best wrestler to never become champ. Also I do believe because these cards are on card that they will become an icon set much like 1997 UD legends is to football. Wrestlers dont have much of a life span unfortunately so I can imagine these cards will be desirable in a few years. Don't be fooled by the high volume on ebay now. it will dry up in a few years.
sjim8660 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aug06 View Post
Quote:
That depends on the level of service you select (from 2 day day up to 45 day). After receiving your cards they count every business day (minus holidays) towards their deadline to provide you with your grades. It's not really cost effective to send in one card alone though as shipping/insurance is very pricey. You'd be looking at close to cost of card if not more in that situation. I'd suggest joining a group sub if you only plan on sending one.

Still waiting on a Piper base redemption ("processing" since Feb. 28th) but after that I plan on sending another 7-10 myself. Best of luck should you decide to grade the Graham!
To save on costs, I suggest getting into a group grading submission. VWBUS1978 does an excellent job with getting submissions together. I have been a part of 3 of his submissions and I have nothing but praise for him. I saved around $80 going in fees going through him. Check this link out: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/a...ubmission.html
Old 03-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjim8660 View Post
I am the one who got the scott hall black. I think it was a fair deal just because of all that he accomplished and he was probably the best wrestler to never become champ. Also I do believe because these cards are on card that they will become an icon set much like 1997 UD legends is to football. Wrestlers dont have much of a life span unfortunately so I can imagine these cards will be desirable in a few years. Don't be fooled by the high volume on ebay now. it will dry up in a few years.
Because of that issue of drying up and missing a printing plate I offered some deals on Red and Blue Poffos that I picked up this week.

Congrats on your purchase - that setting on a Black background was a sharp looking card - especially for Hall - really matches his character I think.
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/484335-namttips-collection-threads.html --- Current Projects - Entertainment: Walking Dead and GoT - Baseball: Brian Wilson, Barry Bonds, SF Giants - Football: SF 49ers, Frank Gore, - Wrestling: Lanny Poffo, KoKo B. Ware
Namttip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:34 AM   #112 (permalink)

Many big ones went for good money last night!
Old 03-11-2013, 08:23 AM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
Many big ones went for good money last night!
I was shocked at some of the prices.. Especially at the ones I won.. Placed 3 bids hoping for at least one win, check back this morning and I won all 3! Guess I'll be laying low for a bit now lol..
-Kobe & Kevin Garnett Autos, Inserts & Graded cards
Old 03-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #114 (permalink)

Quote:
I was shocked at some of the prices.. Especially at the ones I won.. Placed 3 bids hoping for at least one win, check back this morning and I won all 3! Guess I'll be laying low for a bit now lol..

Did you win the Yellows?

I needed the Hart and Nash for my set.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:01 AM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
Did you win the Yellows?

I won the Nash. It was the first I had seen that Nash actually wrote "big sexy". All of the other ones were ones I think could have gone cheeper but the seller is famous for getting the absolute top of the market.
sjim8660 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #116 (permalink)

I didn't see any of the cards sell for much more than they have been so wasn't shocked by last nights prices (in fact a few went for less than I thought). If anything the message of last nights final bids overall on those BGS cards was its largely a waste of money to grade these cards at the moment if youre looking to resell.

The cards that really seem to have dried up/gone up recently are the ink variations. Very few are offered at reasonable buy it nows anymore relative to what they were going for a few months ago (which back then was way too cheap IMHO). I haven't seen by the way a Kevin Nash alternate image base card in so long I'm starting to think that's only slightly less sp'ed than the Hall, Piper and Dibiase alternate image base cards (there hasn't been a Bruno base alternate but once ever that I recall).
bullingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #117 (permalink)

Quote:
Did you win the Yellows?

I won the Blue Flair base, Blue Hart base and Blue Scott Hall alternate (available for the Hall red base).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjim8660 View Post
I won the Nash. It was the first I had seen that Nash actually wrote "big sexy". All of the other ones were ones I think could have gone cheeper but the seller is famous for getting the absolute top of the market.
I'm almost positive he only signed that inscription on some, not all, of the yellow alternate base and I believe it was the base black card. Haven't seen it on any other variation and I've been looking since release.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullingham View Post
I didn't see any of the cards sell for much more than they have been so wasn't shocked by last nights prices (in fact a few went for less than I thought). If anything the message of last nights final bids overall on those BGS cards was its largely a waste of money to grade these cards at the moment if youre looking to resell.

The cards that really seem to have dried up/gone up recently are the ink variations. Very few are offered at reasonable buy it nows anymore relative to what they were going for a few months ago (which back then was way too cheap IMHO). I haven't seen by the way a Kevin Nash alternate image base card in so long I'm starting to think that's only slightly less sp'ed than the Hall, Piper and Dibiase alternate image base cards (there hasn't been a Bruno base alternate but once ever that I recall).
I think the timing of the auctions hurt him more then anything.. Not only did they end after midnight, but they all ended at literally the same time. I know I for one went over my budget for what I was looking to spend and I'm sure others avoided doing the same and stuck to 1 or 2 of the big ones.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #119 (permalink)

People have been pushing that Sunday night is the best night to end sports card auctions for years. If that ever was true as a business model, I think it long ago lost its luster in all but football (during the season). Too many big ticket cards now to choose from on Ebay on a Sunday night and too many big time sellers to compete with for eyeballs.

Specifically as it relates to Leaf Wrestling, I think the best way to list is to try to sell one bigger name (if you have an extra one), along with some of the lesser guys' cards and then end all the cards consecutively within a few minutes gap on any weekday night. Your lesser guys kind of get swept up in the fervor over your big name card as people figure they might as well tack on a few cheaper cards to their order so as to feel like they're not paying to ship just one card.

If you try to sell to many big names all at once ending within minutes of each other, people's money gets diluted as they then have to pick and choose between which high dollar card to chase that night as very few people can afford 5 or 6 $75 to $100+++ cards.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #120 (permalink)

I love when auctions end any time other than Sunday night because I know that I'll be getting a better deal as a buyer because of it.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #121 (permalink)

Quote:
That's what I have gotten out of this also... it seems like they are all 9s, even if they are off centered a little. Would PSA be better for these?

Quote:
I am almost 80% sure that I passed on a BIN or BO Bruno alternate for 48 - it went for 53 last week... But agree they aren't showing up if at all.

Quote:
I think the timing of the auctions hurt him more then anything.. Not only did they end after midnight, but they all ended at literally the same time. I know I for one went over my budget for what I was looking to spend and I'm sure others avoided doing the same and stuck to 1 or 2 of the big ones.
Quote:
People have been pushing that Sunday night is the best night to end sports card auctions for years. If that ever was true as a business model, I think it long ago lost its luster in all but football (during the season). Too many big ticket cards now to choose from on Ebay on a Sunday night and too many big time sellers to compete with for eyeballs.

Specifically as it relates to Leaf Wrestling, I think the best way to list is to try to sell one bigger name (if you have an extra one), along with some of the lesser guys' cards and then end all the cards consecutively within a few minutes gap on any weekday night. Your lesser guys kind of get swept up in the fervor over your big name card as people figure they might as well tack on a few cheaper cards to their order so as to feel like they're not paying to ship just one card.

If you try to sell to many big names all at once ending within minutes of each other, people's money gets diluted as they then have to pick and choose between which high dollar card to chase that night as very few people can afford 5 or 6 $75 to $100+++ cards.
I agree with this... I know from my end when they are all together, I pick one to go for, because as Krayzie pointed out, I tend to go over my budget that close together. But then again I might not have bought the few other cards if they were spaced out - but lately I am just looking for the two or three I really, really, need. I think if you had big names you would want to put them out in an hour apart and sprinkle two or three in between.
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/484335-namttips-collection-threads.html --- Current Projects - Entertainment: Walking Dead and GoT - Baseball: Brian Wilson, Barry Bonds, SF Giants - Football: SF 49ers, Frank Gore, - Wrestling: Lanny Poffo, KoKo B. Ware
Old 03-11-2013, 12:03 PM   #122 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
I love when auctions end any time other than Sunday night because I know that I'll be getting a better deal as a buyer because of it.
I prefer the ones that end at 2AM CST as a lot of people are asleep...

But I do agree with your statement - the Fri / Sat night ones are also pretty good.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #123 (permalink)

I have not had a non football auction end on a Sunday night in years that went for more than any other night (except for the obvious dead nights of Friday and Saturday when more people are out). In fact, I've often found Sunday nights end for less (signficantly less). If you're a big time seller on a Sunday night of certain types of cards with a reputation for always ending your auctions on Sunday night I can see the benefit, but if you're a little guy in a big pond on Ebay I don't see (nor have I witnessed with other people's auctions) the benefit to ending your auction when a gazillion other items are ending at the same time, Just my experience, but too many seem to get lost in the shuffle with too many of the exact same card(s) ending that night. But I guess it depends on what you sell/buy.

The best time to buy is Friday and Saturday nights, along with early weekday mornings and late afternoon when at least one time zone is caught in traffic.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:22 PM   #124 (permalink)

Are you sure it was a Bruno base white alternate that was for sale a week or two ago, I look almost every day and don't recall seeing but one and that was in November. I remember a yellow alternate going around that amount recently.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:14 PM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:
Are you sure it was a Bruno base white alternate that was for sale a week or two ago, I look almost every day and don't recall seeing but one and that was in November. I remember a yellow alternate going around that amount recently.
Like I said I am 80%... it was up pretty fast, I made an offer, got a counter and by 7am the next day someone had picked it up. It very well could have been a yellow. I'll check here in a few mins....