Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 08:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Namttip's Lanny Poffo Collection

After much banter and many requests here they are - I've scanned them all in - in an attempt to REALLY know what I have.

Lanny Poffo
Probably my favorite of all time - I've used a combination of his last name and a few others as usernames since the dawn of the internet... I don't know why - my last name is usually never taken.

After much banter and many requests here they are - I've scanned them all in - in an attempt to REALLY know what I have.

Lanny Poffo
Probably my favorite of all time - I've used a combination of his last name and a few others as usernames since the dawn of the internet... I don't know why - my last name is usually never taken.

2012 Leaf Originals
A-LP1 - Plate

A-LP1 - Black

A-LP1 - Red (05-05)

A-LP1 - Blue (09-10)

A-LP1 - Yellow (02-25)

A-LP1 - Yellow (08-25)

A-LP1 - Yellow (25-25)

A-LP1 - White (1)

A-LP1 - White (2)

LP1 - Blue (11-25)

LP1 - Blue (15-25)

LP1 - Blue (20-25)

LP1 - Blue (22-25)

LP1 - Yellow (15-99)

LP1 - Yellow (48-99)

LP1 - Yellow (79-99)

LP1 - White (1)

LP1 - White (2)

LP1 - White (3)

I paid more for the Blue and Red A-LP1 than I did for the Black or the plate.

That being said, I have not seen the Red or Blacks of LP1.

Any duplicates could be up for trade - I am also looking for any other Poffo cards to add to my collection.

I have trades for browsing at: FS / FT - 2012 Leaf Originals

Also check out my KoKo B. Ware Collection over at Namttip's KoKo B. Ware Collection
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/484335-namttips-collection-threads.html --- Current Projects - Entertainment: Walking Dead and GoT - Baseball: Brian Wilson, Barry Bonds, SF Giants - Football: SF 49ers, Frank Gore, - Wrestling: Lanny Poffo, KoKo B. Ware

Last edited by Namttip; 03-31-2013 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Update
Namttip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

Thank you for sharing. Always appreciate the true collecters
Old 03-12-2013, 10:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

Nice collection. I have a plate of the LP-1 that I would be willing to trade you if you are interested in adding a plate of the base. I also have a blue alternate A-LP1 that I could trade, PM me if you are interested at all. I have a few leaf originals that I am looking for myself and we may be able to reach a deal. I am always willing and happy to help out a fellow collector.
ryangeorgelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

nice collection, I appreciate collectors who are not afraid to have more than one of the same card. Its hard to pass up a double if its affordable.
sjim8660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:37 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
Thank you for sharing. Always appreciate the true collecters
I am by all definition a true collector - however I am trying to get into mode of narrowing down my PC and concentrate on what I truly enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangeorgelaw View Post
Nice collection. I have a plate of the LP-1 that I would be willing to trade you if you are interested in adding a plate of the base. I also have a blue alternate A-LP1 that I could trade, PM me if you are interested at all. I have a few leaf originals that I am looking for myself and we may be able to reach a deal. I am always willing and happy to help out a fellow collector.
PM coming your way... I have the rest of my Leaf Originals scanned and posted, however I am trying to figure out the best way to manage them. I think I got a good way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjim8660 View Post
nice collection, I appreciate collectors who are not afraid to have more than one of the same card. Its hard to pass up a double if its affordable.
I have been picking them up - the other night I said the hell with it and bought or offered prices that it would cost to pull them out of a box and surprisingly most accepted. I should have about four more tomorrow.
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/484335-namttips-collection-threads.html --- Current Projects - Entertainment: Walking Dead and GoT - Baseball: Brian Wilson, Barry Bonds, SF Giants - Football: SF 49ers, Frank Gore, - Wrestling: Lanny Poffo, KoKo B. Ware
Old 03-28-2013, 01:06 AM   #6 (permalink)

Added a couple of base A-LP1s and a Yellow and White LP1. Rainbowed out on A-LP1 (technically I own the other plate, but it's gone.... in the mail somewhere... )
Old 03-28-2013, 05:26 PM   #7 (permalink)

You mean the other plate is lost or you just haven't got it yet?

Also, I'm sure I asked you once before but why Leaping Lanny as such a favorite growing up? He was a good enough worker, but never held any major championship and for the bulk of his WWF/WWE career was just barely a step above prelim guys like Barry Horowitz, Iron Mike Sharpe and Steve "Brooklyn Brawler" Lombardi. I think it's cool you like him, but never thought I'd find a hardcore Lanny Poffo fan, so just wondering if there's a back story begind your fandom.
bullingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:08 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullingham View Post
You mean the other plate is lost or you just haven't got it yet?

Also, I'm sure I asked you once before but why Leaping Lanny as such a favorite growing up? He was a good enough worker, but never held any major championship and for the bulk of his WWF/WWE career was just barely a step above prelim guys like Barry Horowitz, Iron Mike Sharpe and Steve "Brooklyn Brawler" Lombardi. I think it's cool you like him, but never thought I'd find a hardcore Lanny Poffo fan, so just wondering if there's a back story begind your fandom.
It's between here and the seller - been waiting since end of January...

Now this is going off of straight memory and I haven't watched much of any vintage tapes or DVDs in probably 5 years... but of those four named, I remember all of them. I think I remember Horowitz from the WCW days (I only picked up on wrestling in college after the NWO took over shows).

I never understood why the "Brooklyn Brawler" was always on the PPVs. I think I remember Sharpe's feuds with Tito and I also believe Brett (if he's the guy that had the black leather bracers on and a "metal" plate to protect his hurt arm).

All that being said I remember listening to all of Leaping's lymmericks on Saturday mornings. He use to do that back flip into the ring or something like that and threw a Frisbee and wore that damn robe... like a judge. None of those things fit what wrestling was at that time (I never saw Dynamite) and he seemed to always be on a show.... whether it was 30 mins or a PPV. I think he was one of the best on the mic (I would say he was on par with Piper). As for work rate - he was very good at putting the other guy over.

My biggest fascination came with the internet and I used Poffo as log-ins or character names in EverQuest, WoW, etc... it usually fit a genre and was usually referred to as a dragon reference. Getting older and hearing interviews with him (Live Audio Wrestling - Wrestling Observer Live - EYada), it fascinated me that Lanny and Randy came from the same "mold".

I also have a fascination with people that are good at something they don't necessarily enjoy - Dupree, Maronivich, and Poffo. I don't think Lanny would have been a wrestler ever had it not been for Angelo and Randy. I think if Lanny would have played politics and "loved" it, he had all of the attributes to be very good - Brett Hart good. I know that is a stretch, but he was way better on the mic than Hart - imho.

For the 3rd degree - I don't like Vince... I respect what he's built... or stole, however you want to look at it - but it's sort of the same respect that MJ and Stern destroyed the NBA, Hogan and Vince destroyed wrestling at its core - the absorbing of territories is truly Americana - what we have today is very "Globalized". Poffo also doesn't like Vince at all - ha for that matter neither did Randy.... But for the life of me I don't know why Lanny hasn't shown up in WCW, ECW, TNA.... I would say the Poffos are in the top 5 of families being:
1. Harts
2. McMahons
3. Von Erichs
4. Funks
5. Poffos
Could be argued that on a whole Savage was bigger than Brett... could be argued, but from a pure wrestling view...

Well that's the long of it that started as the short of it...