Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14 SM

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 07:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Futera Unique 2013

Hello, is anybodu looking forward to the upcoming release?
FootballFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Yes, I'm excited! I'm gonna wait till the price goes down a little to purchase a box.
diegorvca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

no ronaldo base card ........
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegorvca View Post
Yes, I'm excited! I'm gonna wait till the price goes down a little to purchase a box.
No fear of Futera running out of stock? I doubt it's not much of a concern though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
no ronaldo base card ........
Is that so? I haven't taken the time to review the checklist.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:23 AM   #5 (permalink)

he is in a insert set but checklist does not show base card for him or messi .
Old 03-22-2013, 09:33 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
he is in a insert set but checklist does not show base card for him or messi .
That's interesting. Do you think it is because of their popularity? Especially Messi for this year's collection?
Old 03-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #7 (permalink)

i have no idea. call me crazy but i wont be buying any just because theres no messi or ronaldo base. sure i would still get some nice cards. but with them 2 players missing from the base checklist im not interested.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:09 PM   #8 (permalink)

I'm sure there are others that will think the same way. It is kind of odd to leave out those two as base cards and also have special inserts. As far as I know, most of the players that have special cards are also part of the base collection.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:13 PM   #9 (permalink)

I've been collecting the Futera Unique sets since the 2006 set and with people not buying cause of a base of a player they like not being inserted won't make a huge difference as with these premium sets people want the jersey and auto's of those top players not base.

I miss the quality of the cards in the past sets for example gold plated cards with memo cells

But lately the same quality just does not seem to be in the sets just my thoughts
Portlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:07 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portlaw View Post
I've been collecting the Futera Unique sets since the 2006 set and with people not buying cause of a base of a player they like not being inserted won't make a huge difference as with these premium sets people want the jersey and auto's of those top players not base.

I miss the quality of the cards in the past sets for example gold plated cards with memo cells

But lately the same quality just does not seem to be in the sets just my thoughts
right , but my chances of getting the base card of my favorite player are alot better then getting there auto , know what i mean ?
Old 03-23-2013, 06:37 AM   #11 (permalink)

Apparently this collection is a sell-out already and it hasn't been released yet !!!!
alan1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:51 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan1899 View Post
Apparently this collection is a sell-out already and it hasn't been released yet !!!!
I know, right?!?

And as for the base cards, I heard The Masters are considered part of the base card set, and it contains Messi and Ronaldo. So, I guess they are still in there and just under a special heading.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:53 PM   #13 (permalink)

Messi, Ronaldo etc are in the base set. The biggest stars are numbers 120 -130 in the base set.
Allan Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:36 PM   #14 (permalink)

2013 Futera Unique

just gonna throw this out there. i feel that a company such as Futera should include a guarantee on the cards that they certify the autos they pack out.
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:31 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWBUS1978 View Post
2013 Futera Unique

just gonna throw this out there. i feel that a company such as Futera should include a guarantee on the cards that they certify the autos they pack out.
Just casually throwing that up there? Working for a card company?
Old 05-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballFan View Post
Just casually throwing that up there? Working for a card company?
i wish!

the fact of the matter is that every major card company has at least somewhat specific language on it's cards to guarantee an autographs authenticity. Futera does not.

One thing Futera does do, at least on some (not all) of their game used cards, is state where the items come from. All they have to do is put a little bit of wording on there to guarantee their pack inserted autographs.

Why haven't they done it yet?
Old 05-23-2013, 01:16 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
i wish!

the fact of the matter is that every major card company has at least somewhat specific language on it's cards to guarantee an autographs authenticity. Futera does not.

One thing Futera does do, at least on some (not all) of their game used cards, is state where the items come from. All they have to do is put a little bit of wording on there to guarantee their pack inserted autographs.

Why haven't they done it yet?
Haha, I am guessing that working for a card company isn't as exciting as it may seem unless you have just the right job. But, I might be wrong on that.

Yeah, I suppose that question could be turned into a suggestion for something to be put into practice for their future collections.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:42 AM   #18 (permalink)

Maybe they use that vague language to protect themselves from potential lawsuits over fakes? Just throwing that out there.

In any case seems a dodgy practice to not guarantee your autographs' authenticity.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:37 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballFan View Post
Haha, I am guessing that working for a card company isn't as exciting as it may seem unless you have just the right job. But, I might be wrong on that.

Yeah, I suppose that question could be turned into a suggestion for something to be put into practice for their future collections.
yeah, probably not exciting unless you're calling the shots.

i wrote them several emails years ago, never got a response as to why they don't certify packed out autos. definitely one for thier suggestion box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futbol_Cards View Post
Maybe they use that vague language to protect themselves from potential lawsuits over fakes? Just throwing that out there.

In any case seems a dodgy practice to not guarantee your autographs' authenticity.
there is no language though, just the word autograph on the cards.
i can't imagine them getting sued over fakes if they pack-out their own certified autos. if they pack-out their own fakes as some (including myself) have suggested, then that is on them and would be the only reason as to why they have not issued a certified auto card to date.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:36 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
yeah, probably not exciting unless you're calling the shots.

i wrote them several emails years ago, never got a response as to why they don't certify packed out autos. definitely one for thier suggestion box.
Ah, I see. Maybe some other people will see the thread and it'll have an effect. Or maybe even someone from the company will see this if searching for any online news or discussion about Futera.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:11 AM   #21 (permalink)

I don't think Futera care as long as their product sells well and apparently the 2013 Unique release sold out in record time.