Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 06:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2013 Futera Unique

So I'm somewhat interested in getting into soccer cards.

Unfortunately, there really are not a lot of options.

I saw that 2013 Futera Unique released last week and I have a few questions.

Can you only order this from their website? I can't seem to find it anywhere else?

Also what's everyone's opinion on the product? It's about $80 a pack with a guaranteed auto, but the auto checklist doesn't seem that strong to me or am I wrong? No Messi or Ronaldo (only 1/1 autos it appears).

Just wanted some opinions before I possibly purchase a pack or two.
columbusbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

Hi,

There are only MLS cards, Match Attax, Champions League adrenalyn and futera out at the moment, Futera have sold out their 2013 collection, but boxes are available on eBay for $300. Individual auto's are worth around $40-200 and jersey cards $10-100. I have a few auto's and they are not bad cards, but i prefer the cards i get handsigned tbh.

Hope i could help,
cjchelsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:06 AM   #3 (permalink)

I think there are some Futera vendors, but I believe they are primarily in Southeast Asia.

As they're sold out it looks like Ebay is the easiest option.
FootballFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Boxes and Packs available on Futera website as we speak
cjchelsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'd recommend doing your due diligence on Futera before buying. They're a very shady company and there are lots of questions surrounding the authenticity of their autographed cards.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

I believe blowout actually carries futera soccer cards. I'm pretty sure i saw some on the site the other day.
foreverLFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:24 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futbol_Cards View Post
I'd recommend doing your due diligence on Futera before buying. They're a very shady company and there are lots of questions surrounding the authenticity of their autographed cards.
They seem pretty popular. Do you have any references? Not trying to challenge you, just wondering if you can point some of us in the direction of some sources.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:16 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballFan View Post
They seem pretty popular. Do you have any references? Not trying to challenge you, just wondering if you can point some of us in the direction of some sources.
No problem at all. I'm happy to make people aware of the questions over Futera's autograph authenticity.

And you're right, despite the suspicion surrounding Futera's autos, their cards are quite popular and sell pretty well. I guess there are plenty of collectors who aren't bothered by the suspicions or maybe they're not aware of the controversy.

First off a lot of Futera's sigs just don't add up when compared to certified examples from Panini, Topps, Upper Deck, etc. For example check out these Time Howard (USA Goalie) Topps and Upper Deck certified samples pictured below and then compare to some Futera ones in the google & ebay links provided. If you look around you'll find there's a lot of other examples like these Howards.

https://encrypted.google.com/search?...w=1280&bih=653

Futera 2013 Autograph Card Tim Howard 55 Limited Edition Auto Unused Code | eBay

Futera 2013 Tim Howard Everton Autograph Card 35 55 New Valid Code | eBay

BTW Futera never explicitly guarantee the authenticity of their autos on the back of their cards or anywhere else for that matter. That should tell you something about their products.

Then there's the case of a fellow collector from Australia who asked some players, via twitter, about their Futera autos. Both Ian Wright (Arsenal legend) and Giuseppe Rossi (New Jersey-born Italian star) denied having signed the Futera cards they were asked about. There's even a screenshot of Wright's twitter response out there.

You might also want to check out this thread over on the UK based Football Cards Forum about Futera fakes: Fakes? - The thread was started by a guy who collects in-person autos of Premier League players so he's familiar with what various players signatures should look like. He provided some comparisons pics.

I'm sure if you google "Futera fake autographs" or something similar you'll find plenty more on the subject.

Last edited by Futbol_Cards; 04-17-2013 at 12:19 AM.
Futbol_Cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:51 AM   #9 (permalink)

yep im all set with futera. cards look great but people hae questioned there authenticity for a long time .
mma138 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:28 AM   #10 (permalink)

I don’t understand the above comments. Here are JSA authenticated Tim Howard autographs and they look nothing like the sample pictures above.

Tim Howard Autographed Soccer Ball SM - JSA Certified | eBay

Amazon.com: Tim Howard Signed Soccer Ball SM - JSA Certified - Autographed Soccer Balls

Hi from across the pond in the UK. I have been collecting football (soccer) autographs for nearly 30 years and soccer trading cards for half that time. From the years of collecting Futera their autographs are genuine. There is little choice for serious Soccer trading cards in Europe, we only have Futera. The brands here are quite different to the USA because they are mainly into kids soccer cards and stickers, high volume low cost where Topps are for the under 12s audience. I started picking up the Futera cards in 1997 when they came out with the official English premier league clubs stuff and been the only brand catering for the serious soccer trading card collector looking for limited edition quality cards. I do like the start that Icons has made with the Messi collection, maybe this will encourage Topps to give Futera a bit of competition.
Allan Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:33 PM   #11 (permalink)

I have no idea about JSA when it comes to soccer so I won't comment on that and BTW I'm not saying every single Futera auto is fake, I do realize SOME Futera autos are indeed legit as they provide picture proof for some of their signed cards.

The bottom pic suggests Futera don't even pay players for sit-down signing sessions, another allegation that's out there.

If they're all the real deal why do so many of their autos not look quthentic? And why do Futera not guarantee their authenticity on the back of their cards or on their website or anywhere else for that matter? Also if they're genuine why did Ian Wright tweet that it wasn't his sig on a Futera auto card he was asked about.

These kind of things make me suspicious about their product. The burden of proof is on Futera, they need to instill confidence in collector's that their product is genuine and they don't seem overly interested in doing that.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:44 PM   #12 (permalink)

The Wrighty (Ian Wright) card is an interesting one as us core autograph collectors recognised this autograph as an original.
Not myself, another autograph collector had the pre planned opportunity to meet Wrighty, he took a copy of the front and back of this card with him. Wrighty confirmed that only one of the autographs was his, not the other. There are 2 autographs on this card, one is from futera (authenticating the card) and the other is Wrighty. This confirmed that the futera card was genuine, all in order. This seems to add up with the tweets.
The Futera cards and photo with Van Persie says very little, perhaps a publicity shot, who knows, except futera.
I am pleased to see that futera continues to photo proof of signings. As I said in my previous post, all the futera soccer autographs, I have seen, are genuine.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #13 (permalink)

You wouldn't happen to be a Futera employee would you? In any case it's all good that your satisfied with their authenticity but myself and I'm certain many other collectors require some more solid proof, A guarantee of authenticity on all of their cards would be a nice start. Check out this horrible Ribéry sample:

Old 04-25-2013, 06:58 PM   #14 (permalink)

No, a hobby is just that. From all the years of collecting, I have come to realise that autographs vary a lot. Perhaps if futera followed the US (Topps....) pattern of getting the player to sign tape and then stick this to the card they could get a little more consistency.
Do you work for Topps ?
Old 04-26-2013, 01:35 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Boyd View Post
No, a hobby is just that. From all the years of collecting, I have come to realise that autographs vary a lot. Perhaps if futera followed the US (Topps....) pattern of getting the player to sign tape and then stick this to the card they could get a little more consistency.
Do you work for Topps ?
No I don't work for Topps. Not sure why you'd ask since I never even brought them up. I asked whether you worked for Futera because it seemed strange to me that you only recently joined the forum and all your posts so far have been to defend Futera's autos, asserting their autographs are genuine.

As I said before, there are some authentic Futera autos out there but I'm also fairly certain there are quite a few fakes circulating too.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:19 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Do you work for Topps ?
I have also noticed this too when getting items signed myself. I have multiple autographed items with varied signatures from the same person. Something that's not surprising, I know my own signature can vary, especially if signing on a curved or differing surface from a table, and even when I've been signing multiple items.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:23 AM   #17 (permalink)

There are a small group of people, very small, that make such claims. Futera posts photo proof and proofs the claim false, I never see apologies, from these bashers, to the rest of us that enjoy collecting Futera autograph cards. Let this thread develop in a positive and balanced manner so that people like me can come on and enjoy discussing futera cards.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:04 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
There are a small group of people, very small, that make such claims. Futera posts photo proof and proofs the claim false, I never see apologies, from these bashers, to the rest of us that enjoy collecting Futera autograph cards. Let this thread develop in a positive and balanced manner so that people like me can come on and enjoy discussing futera cards.
Actually no they haven't, they've posted photo proof of various cards but not the ones in question.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:14 PM   #19 (permalink)

Yes they have, wrong again. Joe Hart was questioned, futera posted up photo proof etc...
It would be good if other card publishers provided photo proof and quality control for us collectors, as futera does, if other companies did it would slow them down providing fakes, read the following news item about Topps, fakes and the FBI

Fraud sports memorabilia dealer Bradley Wells tells FBI prominent card companies knew his jerseys were fakes - NY Daily News

I think we should just beg to differ and let this thread move on with other subjects.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:44 AM   #20 (permalink)

I don't know what Topps has to do with Futera's dubious autographs but anyway Futera have NOT in fact provided proof of the questionable Joe Hart auto, pictured below to the bottom right. The rest of the Harts in this picture are all IP autos which look authentic and have a consistency to them. The Futera one is way off.

The Hart auto Futera did provide a proof photo of was the card pictured below which is obviously legit. The image isn't very clear but one can just barely make out how it is consistent with the authentic examples from the first picture. The suspicious auto in question from above doesn't match even with this exact same (but legit) 2013 Futera auto card.

This isn't an isolated case either, a few years ago there was an instance of a Cristiano Ronaldo Futera auto which was nothing like his well known authentic signature. The code on the card was legitimate so the card had to have come out of a Futera pack. Then there's the Ian Wright fake and I'm also remembering a mention of Giuseppe Rossi also denying, on twitter, a Futera auto was his signature. There are more examples of suspect Futera autos which I can't remember off the top of my head but anyone who wants to can use google to look into it further.

IMO there are some very valid reasons to be weary of Futera's autographs and I think I've provided some decent evidence as to why. I'll leave people to make up their own minds.

Anyway, as you said we're going to have to agree to disagree on this but I just didn't want to leave anyone who may be reading this with the impression that Futera did prove their case and I was just some random detractor talking out of his a$$.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:14 PM   #21 (permalink)

i would stay away from Futera for sure. i got back into soccer watching the matches while i was on walkabout in Europe. When i got home, i still watched some matches when they were on, and started looking into buying cards of some of my favorite players.

i began looking at futera and it seems like many of their autos are penned by the same person. here are some links, see for yourself.

Futera 2005 Tim Howard Manchester United Gold Plated Autograph Auto Card 1 1 | eBay

2012 Upper Deck Goodwin Champions Tim Howard Auto Autograph A HO 37786 | eBay

Tim Howard 2013 Futera Unique 55 Auto Autograph Lot Set 4 Code Unused | eBay

so not one of their tim howard looks like anything any other card company has certified and inserted into packs.

here's all the similarly penned cards i was referring to earlier:

2013 Futera Zabaleta Auto 55 Unused? | eBay
2013 Futera Unique Olivier Giroud Autograph Auto Code Unused Signature US SHIP | eBay
2013 Futera Unique Aleksandar Kolarov Autograph Auto Code Unused Signature US | eBay
2013 Futera Charlie Adam Auto 55 Unused? | eBay

all signed with identical pens. on the same angle (right handed) and i bet some of those dudes are left handed.

or look the easy way and do a quick scan of the black ink auto's here and tell me there isn't anything fishy. NOT ONE LEFTY SIG.

futera auto | eBay

oh and that allan boyd guy has several other screen names on soccer forums and is always defending futera with the same new york times link.
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:42 PM   #22 (permalink)

Just had a look through the "futera auto" search and I came across this 'Chicharito' auto. I'm familiar with his sig and this one definitely looks suspicious.

2013 Futera Unique Autograph Javier Hernandez Auto Manchester United 17 55 | eBay
Old 07-16-2013, 04:02 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

damm.. i just bought a futera auto...can anyone help me.. with this one?

suspicious or not??
Joshua961203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:31 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua961203 View Post
damm.. i just bought a futera auto...can anyone help me.. with this one?

suspicious or not??
I'm not familiar with his sig so I'd compare with a certified example. Here's one from Panini.

Old 07-20-2013, 12:27 AM   #25 (permalink)

Yikes those two sigs of Park looking nothing alike. Glad I steered clear of Futera stuff, it seems extremely faked.
columbusbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote