Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 11:20 PM   #26 (permalink)

Really looking forward to the checklist for this product, also some pics of the new artist renderings would be cool.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:30 PM   #27 (permalink)

Is it even confirmed they're doing a second set?
wakigatame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #28 (permalink)

I am altmost sure they will. The first set sold really well. A lot of people would be all over the next set. I know i will be.
sjim8660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #29 (permalink)

I'd have to see.... the reason I got on this set was because of two guys I follow Poffo and KoKo - it was a freak culmination of the two things.

That being said if 1/1s of lower level people are in the $150 range and the 1/5s are in the $90 range, I'd rather start chasing some of the earlier sets that are graded than drop $800 on a case of cards that may or may not contain the cards advertised.

The utter lack of accountability astonishes me no matter who took the cards and who's selling them, it's ultimately the responsibility of the distributor of the product. Hell, if I know where the signings are happening, maybe I'll just go and get me a handful of SPs and 1/1s so I can flip them later.... Doesn't seem like it's an issue in acquiring them, unless you try to pull them out of boxes.
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/484335-namttips-collection-threads.html --- Current Projects - Entertainment: Walking Dead and GoT - Baseball: Brian Wilson, Barry Bonds, SF Giants - Football: SF 49ers, Frank Gore, - Wrestling: Lanny Poffo, KoKo B. Ware
Namttip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:31 PM   #30 (permalink)

Out.....way out. Leaf's disappearing into the night act, after some initial promise of at least acknowledging the issue with the Scott Hall red ink "1/1" I purchased, was enough for me. Other than claiming to have recovered these "unauthorized" copies from it's business associate American Icons (all the while with American Icons continuing to sell Scott Hall Leaf Originals autographs to this very day!), Leaf did nothing more other than essentially disavow knowledge and responsibility IMHO. The OBVIOUS move from Leaf would have been to admit it was negligent in its quality control in this instance, buy back all Halls in American Icons possession, issue a revised statement about the print runs on any ink variations if necessary, ideally offer me something compensatory to make up for their mistake, and then publicly state what steps the company is going to take going forward to make sure this doesn't happen with future products.

Leaf not only didn't do all of those obvious things, it did NONE of those. I will not be buying any future Leaf products as a result. When you can't trust a company's stated print runs for it's so called limited edition cards, then there really is no reason to trust anything about the company at all.
bullingham is offline   Reply With Quote