Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 11:04 PM   #51 (permalink)

FML I spent a lot of money, but you are looking at the Owner of the Hogan and Flair base art blacks.
ryangeorgelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:10 PM   #52 (permalink)

Congrats on the win, it's too bad though I think someone jacked up that auction (even more!) at the last minute. Just too shady for me when people with hardly any bidding activity all month suddenly jump in full throttle on high end probstein cards and I don't recall that feedback number on any recent Leaf wrestling auctions I've seen. I hope I'm wrong though.
bullingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:14 PM   #53 (permalink)

Not sure on the bidders, last I saw the bidding was at $438 which was already a lot of money. I waited until there was a second left and bid $506.50 and won. I personally like the Hogan base art better than the alternate and to me it is the #1 Wrestling card I could personally ever want. With that said it was a lot of money, but it will be in a happy home.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:55 AM   #54 (permalink)

so ryan how many blacks have you got now???
Old 04-26-2013, 12:57 AM   #55 (permalink)

In the interest of fairness, looks like the high bidder on the Flair and the runner up bidder on the Hogan (who seemed to be driving up the prices past a point where anyone else was willing to go) has dealt a little in Leaf Wrestling before per their feedback (though also a lot of ticket brokering and some other "interesting" type sales/purchases), so perhaps it was legitimate. Hard to say. Just seemed like an odd time to jump all hands on deck for wrestling cards. I guess we will never know. probstein auctions work in mysterious ways.....
Old 04-26-2013, 01:29 AM   #56 (permalink)

i honestly cannot believe how crazy these leaf wrestling card prices are going?? i passed on a missy black a few weeks back for $60. I sort of regret it now.
well at least i have the tatanka black, i believe he had no alternate art in the set??
Old 04-26-2013, 02:11 AM   #57 (permalink)

I got the Missy Hyatt for $60. The Hogan now makes black #20. What I am still having an issue with is the last question bootan posed about the Tatanka alternate art. There is only one drawing. But there are white background cards number A-TAT that are the alternate version. The problem I am having is I still am yet to see any yellow, red, or blue ATAT cards except for the one American Icons has #1/5 red slabbed from PSA.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:23 AM   #58 (permalink)

Let's just hope a few of the other cards that have been absent from Ebay don't start showing up in large quantities at some point (say after a wrestler dies) given that a lot of us have already invested in them based on perceived rarity (I wouldn't put anything past Leaf/American Icons/whoever at this point).
Old 04-26-2013, 02:26 AM   #59 (permalink)

Speaking of blacks, does anyone know the whereabouts of the Nash alternate black as well as the Bret Hart alternate black? I don't recall seeing them on Ebay, but would love to try for those cards since I've missed out on both Hogans now and both Flairs.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:26 AM   #60 (permalink)

I am a hugh Bret Hart collector and I seen his Alternate sold a few months back, (I was out of town and i missed it) if Bret Harts Base black came up I swing for the fences. But I have yet to see any of Nash's Blacks.
sjim8660 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:36 AM   #61 (permalink)

I don't know who got it, but I remember the Nash alternate black going quite awhile ago (2012 probably) on Ebay for I think it was $200 buy it now, but the seller accepted a best offer if my memory serves me correct.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:15 AM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangeorgelaw View Post
I don't know who got it, but I remember the Nash alternate black going quite awhile ago (2012 probably) on Ebay for I think it was $200 buy it now, but the seller accepted a best offer if my memory serves me correct.
I remember seeing it but can't remember the price. That was the only other version (some Yellow Alternates) that had his "Big Sexy" inscription.
-Kobe & Kevin Garnett Autos, Inserts & Graded cards
Krayzie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:47 PM   #63 (permalink)

Alright I am just going to come out and say it. I am a bit weary of dumping too much money into 2012 Leaf, I have a gut feeling Leaf will do a 2103 version with alot of the same guys and better art. So where would that leave the 2012 set? Unless half these guys drop dead (no i am not wishing death on anyone) they would be willing to sign again. I just hope the value of the 2012 set, doesnt take a major dive. I just had to throw that out there, not trying to be negative. Trust me i have alot into the 2012 set as it stands now.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:03 PM   #64 (permalink)

I personally don't expect much of the same signers except for maybe the big names like Hogan or Flair maybe to sell the product. There are a lot of guys who weren't included in this set that Leaf could get to do fairly easily at wrestling conventions and through "eh hem" American Icons. I could be wrong, but I am hoping for a completely new lineup that consists of greats such as Mr. Fuji and the Dr. of Style Slick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjim8660 View Post
Alright I am just going to come out and say it. I am a bit weary of dumping too much money into 2012 Leaf, I have a gut feeling Leaf will do a 2103 version with alot of the same guys and better art. So where would that leave the 2012 set? Unless half these guys drop dead (no i am not wishing death on anyone) they would be willing to sign again. I just hope the value of the 2012 set, doesnt take a major dive. I just had to throw that out there, not trying to be negative. Trust me i have alot into the 2012 set as it stands now.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:10 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
I share your concern, especially on the big names. I think the improved art (haven't seen the new art, but it couldn't be any worse) and duplication of major stars signing (i.e. Hogan, Flair, Hart, Hall, Nash, Sammartino, Graham) could have a negative effect on the 2012 Leaf set. Hard to tell though until we see a checklist for next year's set. However, the proliferation of Hogan/Flair autos prior to this set haven't hurt the values of the 2012 Leaf cards. Only time will tell.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:16 PM   #66 (permalink)

Just out of curiosity. Do you guys think my bragging on here about how I was going to own the Hogan ended up costing me a few hundred dollars? Or do you think the bidding would have went that high anyways? I am just curious as I laugh to myself in deep after thought lol.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:32 PM   #67 (permalink)

I think more people see these posts than we think. I think the card companies see the threads and I would not doubt it to find out the auction companies look to see how high they can run the items up. All they need is one person who really wants a card and they run it up. Its a shame these companies are so greedy. 15 years ago would you have thought we would be paying 1k for a case of cards? And thats not even the most expensive product.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:35 PM   #68 (permalink)

Card companies if this is true and you don't come back at me with a Mr. Fuji certified Autograph card in the next year I am going to be very upset. And if your reading this Mr. Gray ink Variations would be a plus.

Quote:
I think more people see these posts than we think. I think the card companies see the threads
Old 04-28-2013, 12:24 AM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangeorgelaw View Post
Just out of curiosity. Do you guys think my bragging on here about how I was going to own the Hogan ended up costing me a few hundred dollars? Or do you think the bidding would have went that high anyways? I am just curious as I laugh to myself in deep after thought lol.
i think what cost you more was that enough people knew that the alternate hogan black had already sold, and that this would be their last chance to pick up a hogan black if they wanted one.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:22 AM   #70 (permalink)

this leaf set sells strange. I picked up a Vader Blue Alt /10 yesterday for $14. I thought for sure I would of had to spend at least $40. Now my Vader Run is done, although I dont have his ink variations I am not to concerned with that now. I will buy them as they surface.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:38 PM   #71 (permalink)

Have George Animal Steele blacks surfaced?
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:52 AM   #72 (permalink)

i have yet to see one.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:59 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
i have yet to see one.
How much product is out there left to open? There seems to be quite a few on ebay and available sitting around.

How many others were just opened and put into boxes...?
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/484335-namttips-collection-threads.html --- Current Projects - Entertainment: Walking Dead and GoT - Baseball: Brian Wilson, Barry Bonds, SF Giants - Football: SF 49ers, Frank Gore, - Wrestling: Lanny Poffo, KoKo B. Ware
Namttip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #74 (permalink)

The market is starting to dry up a little. The product hasnt even been out a year yet. 2 months ago you could find close to 1400 listed on ebay. That number has dropped to around 1100. Depending on whats being sold. In time we will see mainly base cards listed and not so many of the colored backgrounds.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:36 AM   #75 (permalink)

I was just thinking about this. Let's say Ric Flair for example does sign again. On his base we don't know how many are out there but there doesn't seem to be even 50, 50 yellow, 25 blue, 10 red, 1 black, im not sure maybe 5 plates. On the alternate: base maybe 25, yellow 25, blue 10, red 5, black 1, 5 plates. I don't think even if another 212 cards (at most, being flexible on this) are dumped on the market next year it will hurt the value of this set whatsoever. I would agree with the concerns if they weren't so short numbered to begin with, but another 4 per state and 12 in China doesn't seem to saturate the market much to me.

Quote:

Last edited by ryangeorgelaw; 05-07-2013 at 08:39 AM. Reason: bad math