Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 06:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default IndyCar Series Thread.....

Not sure how many people on here like IndyCar but I'm a huge fan of it. Growing up in Indy all my life, it's in my blood. I'm so happy it's May and that means next weekend the track opens up!!! Can't wait to go to Carb Day and to the race.

I've been to a few different races around the country. Here are some pics from Mid-Ohio and Kentucky and Indy.

I've also gotten to do a two-seater ride around IMS. Did 3 laps, and my driver was arie luyendyk jr. It was the best moment of my life. Went just over 200mph

Anyways, my brother in law works for Ganassi on Scott Dixon's car, so I've been afforded the opportunity to have decent access at tracks.

Enjoy the pics.

Me w/ Chip Ganassi

Dario's Car at Mid-Ohio

Dario and Scott

With my Brother In Law

Getting Ready for my ride around the track

After my ride

Pole
Gurds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

Race today in Brazil was probably the best road race I have seen in a long time.

Now onto the Indy 500!!!!
Old 05-05-2013, 08:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

That's so cool man. I love indycar myself. Who's your favorite driver? Mine is Justin Wilson. My dad met him and he said he was really nice.

Last edited by Homerun; 05-07-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Homerun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homerun View Post
That's so cool man. I love indycar myself. Who's your favorite driver. Mine is Justin Wilson. My dad met him and he said he was really nice.
Big fan of Scott Dixon and Dario Franchitti, but I also like james hinchcliffe too. He's a really nice guy, very down to earth. Hate all Penske drivers w/ a passion, especially Will Power. Really glad he's not having that great of a season so far....well neither are Dixon or Franchitti, but the season is still young so who knows what will happen.

I've met Justin Wilson before and he's a really nice guy too. Almost all of them are. They are very appreciative of their fans, and it's like a family with all the teams.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

I use to enjoy IndyCar a lot, but this switch to road/street courses turned me off. It was a lot better with more ovals. I am excited for Indy, last year was a great race. I hope Sato pulls it off this year, or Almendinger
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
I use to enjoy IndyCar a lot, but this switch to road/street courses turned me off. It was a lot better with more ovals. I am excited for Indy, last year was a great race. I hope Sato pulls it off this year, or Almendinger
I agree, I enjoy the ovals more than the street courses, as it seems there is more room/times to pass. Last year when I was at mid-ohio, Dixon had won pole and led the entire race. It was a caution free race too so I think the race too just over an hour or so to complete.

I am enjoying the road courses more, but the oval is where it's at for me.

I am intrigued about the 3 double headers they have this year. Race on Saturday, Race on Sunday on the same course. Will be interesting to see how teams run on the Saturday race to hopefully not mess up the car for the race the next day. If someone wrecks their car badly, I feel bad for the crew staying up all night to repair the car for the next days race.

It's been a good season so far though.