Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Random Golf question (BMW Championship)

Hello, I'm a moderate golf fan but my dad is a huge golf fan. I was thinking for his birthday of getting him tickets to the BMW championship.

He is a huge Tiger Woods fan and I know for sure he would want to see him.

So I was wondering if you think Tiger will play in it this year?

I'm not too educated on what tournaments the top guys usually play in, so I figured I'd ask here.

Thanks for any info!
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Seeing that its one of the Fedex Cup playoff events, he'll 100% without a doubt play in it, unless of course he gets hurt or something. Hope that helps!

http://s1236.photobucket.com/dukefan1collection
Jtoole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtoole View Post
Seeing that its one of the Fedex Cup playoff events, he'll 100% without a doubt play in it, unless of course he gets hurt or something. Hope that helps!
Yep, Tiger will play as long as he's in the FedEx Cup and healthy.
PAYING VERY HANDSOMELY FOR THE "O" IN THE 2009 DREW BLEDSOE BY THE LETTER SET. WILL PAY $25 FINDERS FEE IF YOU DIRECT ME TO ONE AND I AM ABLE TO MAKE A DEAL (eBay and COMC listings NOT APPLICABLE/REDEEMABLE)
ssbledsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Definitely helps! Thanks guys!

Just got the tickets for him!

Never been to a golf tournament myself and neither has my dad, I'll be curious to hear how it compares with other sporting events.

Obviously it's a bit different because you don't get to see everything but I hope it's still fun!

You guys ever been to a tournament?
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

I've been to a few that have been in Indy at Crooked Stick, which hosted the BMW Championship last year, as well as the 2010 PGA at Whistling Straits. They're pretty fun. Following Tiger will be a nightmare TBH. Depending on your dads age/functioning capabilities, I prefer to walk the course as opposed to grabbing a seat in a stand.
I would also look up the courses setup before going. It helps to know the flow/layout so you don't get stuck going the wrong way/walking out of your way. Be prepared to do a fair amount of walking either way. Usually there is a place to park away from the course and then they'll have a bus service/walking paths to get onto the course.
If you're auto hound, best bet is to get by the players parking lot and hang out there and they typically only sign during practice rounds on and off course.
Good luck and enjoy!
PAYING VERY HANDSOMELY FOR THE "O" IN THE 2009 DREW BLEDSOE BY THE LETTER SET. WILL PAY $25 FINDERS FEE IF YOU DIRECT ME TO ONE AND I AM ABLE TO MAKE A DEAL (eBay and COMC listings NOT APPLICABLE/REDEEMABLE)
ssbledsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

I went to the US Open at Congressional a couple of years ago. Was strange not having Tiger there, but the crowds were there nevertheless following Phil and Rory. I agree with everything ssbledsoe said above as well. I went with my father as a Birthday/Fathers Day gift and he really enjoyed just walking the course and seeing each and every hole. Of course with a tournament as big as the US Open, we followed the marquee pairings a few holes, but it was also nice following groups that literally had no one following them.

Also went to the At&T National the year before, the crowds following Tiger were insane.

http://s1236.photobucket.com/dukefan1collection
Jtoole is offline   Reply With Quote