Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2013, 02:33 PM   #26 (permalink)

I would love to buy the Road Warriors card that is one ebay now but it is at $400 with over a week to go. I think I will just go ahead and list my spare Carnation of Ric Flair tonight and see what type of action that I will get on it. These cards have really taken off recently although they have had good value for a while now.
wrestlingcardki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingcardki View Post
I would love to buy the Road Warriors card that is one ebay now but it is at $400 with over a week to go. I think I will just go ahead and list my spare Carnation of Ric Flair tonight and see what type of action that I will get on it. These cards have really taken off recently although they have had good value for a while now.
Lot of 3 Carnation Ric Flair cards just sold. I wish I saw that one.

Very 4 Card Lot 1985 Wrestling Vintage R Flair Kamala Hot Cocao Production | eBay
Old 09-07-2013, 08:14 PM   #28 (permalink)

Item description was a little rough. Good snag for someone.
SumoMenkoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:15 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthoemke View Post
Lot of 3 Carnation Ric Flair cards just sold. I wish I saw that one.

Very 4 Card Lot 1985 Wrestling Vintage R Flair Kamala Hot Cocao Production | eBay
That is a steal of a lifetime, the way the market is now. Maybe 1k worth of cards.
sjim8660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:01 PM   #30 (permalink)

That was a horrible description.

Cards are nicely centered. Corners look slightly soft. One of the Flairs has nice surface, but the other 2 look rough (not sure if from printing).

Should be good profit for relist.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:22 PM   #31 (permalink)

The buyer definitely hit a home run on that buy.
dpeck100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:01 AM   #32 (permalink)

so i guess i start searching hot cocoa wrestling everyday.....damn, hate i missed it.
BROKENSOUL6900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:37 PM   #33 (permalink)

I just got this promo photo of The Road Warriors today in the mail. A very cool piece. This photo shows some wear but I would bet a more mint copy of these 1980's promo photos could draw some serious interest.

These guys were just awesome!

Old 09-13-2013, 03:08 AM   #34 (permalink)

Wow!!!! Love it Dpeck! Thats pretty early, is it a GCW promo photo? I havn't really gotton into the promo photos. I have been buyng a TON of old event postors and programs......and something really really cool that i'll pop on you guy soon. on an unrelated note, Last week Cody Hall came into my office to do some business, for those not familer w/ Cody, he's Scott Halls son. Just breaking into the business. He could be huge! He only wrestled his 18th match tonight at Mr. Hughes WWA4 training school here in ATL. HE's like 6"7, super humble, good look, i bet he'll be in nxt within a year. his goal is Japan. Well him and i talked wrestling for about an hour, I told him to bring his Dad by sometime....Monday Scott and Cody stopped by! Scott is looking SOOOO much better than he has in recent years. The Bad Guy was amazing, super friendly to all my employees, he started telling Iron Sheik stories that had me LOL. The funny thing is i didn't even ask him to sign anything, the storie were priceless. Cody came by today, we talked old school Japan stuff for about 45min, i tried to convince him to check out old school tapes of stan hansen. He said he's been watching alot of Sid Vicious and Barry Windham....well one out of two ain't bad. Scottie is supposed to be back soon, ive got to get him to sign something.
BROKENSOUL6900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:37 AM   #35 (permalink)

Great story!!!

The seller said it was from 1985 and they are wearing the AWA Tag Team Titles they won from Barron and The Chrusher in August of 1984 so I have to assume it from that time frame. Very early in their careers.

This is the only promo photo I have purchased and I just happen to see it on EBAY and said that is cool I want it.

I posted it in another thread but I was really excited to track down the program from one of the mega shows from MSW with the original photo used for the Andre The Giant card.

Here is a great clip of the Road Warriors from this time frame. I just love watching these dudes as they were legitimate bad a++'s.

the Roadwarriors Lords of azz kicking action - YouTube

Last edited by dpeck100; 09-13-2013 at 07:40 AM.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:07 PM   #36 (permalink)

I search EBAY every day for Carnation listings and came across this one last Saturday. The seller was using other people's scans and described the cards as mint. I quickly realized they were obviously not the cards he was selling and emailed him to see if he had any scans of the actual cards.

He quickly posted a photo to the listing of the cards in the display case that he had them in. I took a glance and sent him an email indicating if he wanted quick cash I would buy them for $800 and pay right away.

He lowered the buy it now price and I snagged them and paid. I took a leap of faith on these and got them this morning from my postman Mike.

They are indeed very nice. I will post some scans tonight to the thread and plan to send them off to PSA very soon with a number of other cards.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331038865078?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D331038865078%26_rdc%3D1#ht_96wt_1000
Old 10-15-2013, 03:45 PM   #37 (permalink)

Photo is blurry, but looks like you picked up a very nice set.

Cards are starting to get submitted, with grades all over the place:

1986 Carnation Major League Wrestling
Old 10-15-2013, 08:38 PM   #38 (permalink)

PSA recently re weighted the set in the registry and the weightings are as follows.

1-Sgt Slaughter 2-The Koloffs, Kamala, Rick Martel 4-Ric Flair and 5-The Road Warriors.

This change took a tie and moved me into second place. Hopefully I can get an upgrade from some of the cards I have to send in.

Currently the highest graded Koloffs is a PSA 6. I think this example has a chance to come in higher then that.

[/URL]

[/URL]

This is a great example of The Road Warriors card and I am very pleased to add this to my collection.

[/URL]

[/URL]

This is a very clean Rick Martel. It is obviously off centered but a nice looking card.

[/URL]

[/URL]

It was a bummer to find out that this card only got a 1 weighting. I have a PSA 9 in my set.

[/URL]

[/URL]

I have always thought this was a cool looking card. I love the commentary on the backs of these. One of Kamala's hobbies is eating live chickens.

[/URL]

[/URL]

One of the things I like so much about this card is he has the NWA strap in his hands. A great shot of the Nature Boy.

[/URL]

[/URL]
Old 10-15-2013, 09:12 PM   #39 (permalink)

Those are some sharp looking cards!
SumoMenkoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:14 PM   #40 (permalink)

Nice pick ups dpeck. That Koloffs looks very nice. Should grade well.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:55 PM   #41 (permalink)

Saw that both a Slaughter and Koloffs sold tonight for over $200 each raw.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:21 PM   #42 (permalink)

Sgt Slaughter seems tough to find any more. There's been quite a few Flair and Road Warriors in comparision.

carnation wrestling | eBay
Old 11-21-2013, 07:58 AM   #43 (permalink)

I think the surge in Flair and Road Warriors examples was really driven by the recent selling prices. It always seems when something gets hot on EBAY people look through their cards and list them. I can't imagine the trend continues for long on the Road Warriors card especially. The guy who runs Husker Havs website said he was looking for one for 18 years!!

Several years ago when sealed packs would show up with little bidding interest it seems just about every one was the Slaughter/Koloffs pack. I am not certain if any pack is more rare then another but if you go by population reports there have only been 4 Ric Martel's and 5 The Road Warriors graded so far. That number is going to increase soon due to cards sitting at PSA but is a very small number in the overall grand scheme of things.

I am personally responsible for grading the first card and then a second one that is still in my collection. I traded the PSA 6 away in a deal to get back the first PSA 8 Flair and in hind sight I let the cards go to cheap but that is life.

The number one reason wrestling cards have moved up in price is low supply. There have been 57,672 examples of the 1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. graded by PSA alone and a total of 52 cards from the Carnation Major League Wrestling set.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:21 PM   #44 (permalink)

I just seen a PSA 10 Kamala on the pop report? I never thought a 10 would surface, there seems to be someone with a stash of these cards, it looks like they even have some unopened packs on the set registry. I wonder how many sets or singles they have.

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/Sjim8660/library/?sort=3&page=0
Old 05-05-2014, 07:25 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjim8660 View Post
I just seen a PSA 10 Kamala on the pop report? I never thought a 10 would surface, there seems to be someone with a stash of these cards, it looks like they even have some unopened packs on the set registry. I wonder how many sets or singles they have.

The guy with the best BGS Wrestling All Stars sets who lives in Hawaii owns the Kamala PSA 10. All of his PSA sets do not allow you to see the cards but I lost it to him. It sold way to cheap in reality.

There is a guy Bob from Georgia who owns quite a few Carnation cards.

The population has been stuck on 91 for a while now of all of the cards ever graded. There are two strong examples on EBAY now.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:15 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpeck100 View Post
The guy with the best BGS Wrestling All Stars sets who lives in Hawaii owns the Kamala PSA 10. All of his PSA sets do not allow you to see the cards but I lost it to him. It sold way to cheap in reality.

There is a guy Bob from Georgia who owns quite a few Carnation cards.

The population has been stuck on 91 for a while now of all of the cards ever graded. There are two strong examples on EBAY now.
I seen those ones on Ebay and they to be very sharp cards.

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/Sjim8660/library/?sort=3&page=0