Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2013, 08:41 AM   #26 (permalink)

It looks like the psa 9 Bret hart sold too. It's definaty a great card if you can find a mint one
Eagles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:18 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles33 View Post
It looks like the psa 9 Bret hart sold too. It's definaty a great card if you can find a mint one
I have a feeling these recent sales are going to drive up the price of the 87 OPC wax boxes, which are already double the cost of the 87 wwf topps boxes.
sjim8660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:28 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjim8660 View Post
I have a feeling these recent sales are going to drive up the price of the 87 OPC wax boxes, which are already double the cost of the 87 wwf topps boxes.
I definitely agree.
dpeck100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:36 PM   #29 (permalink)

I just got these fresh adiditons for my graded base card set in the mail today. I am down to four cards but two are the toughest in the set. The King Kong Bundy and Hercules Hernandez are going to be incredibly rare in a mint grade.

Old 09-21-2013, 08:32 AM   #30 (permalink)

Nice cards dpeck.
Jimmy Hart card is great shot. Always liked the Hillbilly gimmick. Uncle Elmer had short run in WWF, but cool he got a card.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:12 AM   #31 (permalink)

Another PSA 9 Savage/Elizabeth popped online last night for 24.99. this 1 has some centering problems, the corners/edges/surface must be GEM. Still a great deal
sjim8660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:20 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnft17 View Post
Nice cards dpeck.
Jimmy Hart card is great shot. Always liked the Hillbilly gimmick. Uncle Elmer had short run in WWF, but cool he got a card.

Thanks. There are a number of wrestlers in this set that are not necessarily house hold names but did have a run in the early days of the WWF.

I was really pleased a few of these showed up as I would rather pay a little more for a PSA 9 then chance it on a raw one I have an get an 8. Let's face it an Uncle Elmer PSA 8 might not even cover the grading fee.

There have been three Randy Savage and Elizabeth cards hit EBAY in a PSA 9 over the past few days and each has sold extremely quickly. I was the first person to submit that card a few years ago and was thrilled with getting a 9 when I did but kept buying more looking for a better one. I still laugh that the PSA 10 I subbed came from a 24 card lot of singles I grabbed for less then $5 with shipping. I have a few nice raw one's left and a ton that have brutal centering. The other Randy Savage card Savage Attack disappeared too and looks like it was purchased from their website. I plan to send in my best one of those soon too.

This set is a lot of fun to collect because the cards are super challenging and cheap.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #33 (permalink)

Is this Bobby Heenan rookie card in the set?
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:31 PM   #34 (permalink)

No he is in the 1982 set. This is one of my best self subbed cards.

Old 10-12-2013, 07:20 PM   #35 (permalink)

that heenan is nice, never seen it before.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:23 PM   #36 (permalink)

I got in the mail today two new PSA 10's from this set and will be getting the final card I needed Hercules Hernandez later this week to complete my base card set.

This is not a popular set but it features some cool shots and the cards are very condition sensitive. I have said it before but I have no interest what so ever in the skit cards and have a few of the better action shots graded.

I may be able to upgrade a few but some of these will never grade a PSA 10 and I have my doubts on a few that they will ever grade a Mint 9.

This has been a fun little project
Old 07-07-2014, 09:23 PM   #37 (permalink)

Here are the recent additions. I have all of the base cards of the wrestlers graded now.

The Hercules Hernadez is a super tough card and a PSA 8 is a great grade for this card.

I was happy when I self submitted a PSA not to long ago.

Terry Funk is one of the more under rated wrestlers I think. I waited on a few PSA 9's that were on EBAY and was thrilled to get this one when it popped up.

Here is the link to my updated set. PSA Card Set Registry - dpeck100