Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2013, 10:44 PM   #51 (permalink)

Diamond Studd vs Scotty Williams - YouTube

Awesome clip of the Diamond Studd. Wow he was a monster at this point in his career.
dpeck100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:50 PM   #52 (permalink)

Scott Hall was even bigger earlier in his career.

Here is his debut as Starship Coyote.

1984 - A year of transition - pt115 - YouTube
Old 06-12-2013, 11:51 PM   #53 (permalink)

Very respectable final price for the PSA 8 Diamond Studd Scott Hall.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:53 PM   #54 (permalink)

I was watching it until the end, would love to see what a PSA 9 would bring! or even a 10!
wrestlingcardki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:44 AM   #55 (permalink)

That card ended so high for a psa 8. Looks like there was a little help as one guy bid 9 times. Gotta love when someone helps the market like that.
geoffyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:58 AM   #56 (permalink)

He was the fourth highest bidder so he factored very little in the final price IMHO. Also note that he had a lot of feedback so it wasn't a shill account. People have different bidding patterns.....
wrestlingcardki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:01 AM   #57 (permalink)

The under bidder 2782 who bid multiple times had no bearing on the outcome. The card would have upticked to $77 on the 9th and then closed at $91 when the snipe bid came in with seconds to go.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:04 AM   #58 (permalink)

Every bid has an effect on the outcome. It can change the idea of what the card is worth and make people bid higher. Not saying it was shilling. I just said he was helping the market.
geoffyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:06 AM   #59 (permalink)

Still can't get over how much that card sold for, especially since it's not even the first card of his in the set! Congrats on that sale and crazy return on what you paid for the sets. Sales like this have scared me away from wrestling base cards though, no matter the country I cannot justify that kinda cash for a 92 Topps card of any kind lol. Curious to see what you bring in once you get back some 9s or 10s though!
-Kobe & Kevin Garnett Autos, Inserts & Graded cards
Krayzie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #60 (permalink)

The bid of $76 was placed on the 7th which was higher then any bid that Ebay member 2782 even made.

I certainly did not take your comments as a suggestion that shill bidding took place.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:22 AM   #61 (permalink)

This is the better card of Scott Hall from the set.

Action shots never sell for as much as profile or head shots with wrestling cards.

I am not making a direct comparison to an 1986 Fleer Michael Jordan with this statement as clearly these two cards are miles apart. That being said many of the most popular and valuable cards in all of trading cards are base cards. The hobby was built on them. In recent years as the number of collectors plunged and pack sales fell 75% the card manufactures had no choice but to spruce up the sets with more rare inserts and auto cards to try and keep sales from falling further.

I am not shocked by the price at all. If indeed I do hit a PSA 9 or 10 it will naturally sell for more but I have to see how they turn out. I am keeping the PSA 9 of card #18 for me to add to my collection and would do the same if I only get one that grades mint or higher.

There will be some strong prices too from the Sting cards if they grade high I promise.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:29 PM   #62 (permalink)

I requested for PSA to add a set composite of the 1992 WCW Topps set to the registry and I got the email tonight from Cosseta from PSA that it has been added.

I loaded the cards I have for the set and will be sending in a batch soon to have a complete graded set. When I purchased these from the site in the UK I bought 46 complete sets so I pulled the best cards of each I had and then narrowed down from there and those will be sent in. A few of my best cards have already been graded.

Here is the link to my set that is now in progress.

PSA Card Set Registry - dpeck100
Old 08-15-2013, 01:46 AM   #63 (permalink)

Looking forward to seeing more grades!
SumoMenkoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:09 AM   #64 (permalink)

Not many graded yet.

1992 Topps Wcw

Biggest surprise is the Arn Anderson cards graded, with grades across the board.

Will be interesting to see auction prices on slabbed cards. Could be more interest generated in the set once the cards start to get listed.
sthoemke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:31 AM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpeck100 View Post
I requested for PSA to add a set composite of the 1992 WCW Topps set to the registry and I got the email tonight from Cosseta from PSA that it has been added.

I loaded the cards I have for the set and will be sending in a batch soon to have a complete graded set. When I purchased these from the site in the UK I bought 46 complete sets so I pulled the best cards of each I had and then narrowed down from there and those will be sent in. A few of my best cards have already been graded.

Here is the link to my set that is now in progress.

PSA Card Set Registry - dpeck100
Wait a second, you bought 46 sets? was each set sealed or were all the cards loose? It must of taken some real searching to find that site.
sjim8660 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:55 AM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffyb View Post
I have only ever seen autos of hacksaw, meng, and the bodybuilder guy who I cannot remember his name. All of them claimed to have been pulled from packs and the sellers had empty packs and boxes as their proof. The cards have no certification at all so its tough to say what they are worth.
I pulled a Meng auto from a box of these I bought at Kmart way back when. They're exactly the same as the base cards. The only real difference I noticed is the card is quite glossy, I think they were signed before the gloss was added because there is no bubbling in the ink.

I haven't looked at the card in a while, I need to dig it out and check it again.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:50 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjim8660 View Post
Wait a second, you bought 46 sets? was each set sealed or were all the cards loose? It must of taken some real searching to find that site.
Yes 46 sets.

I ordered three times from them and the first shipment was great with the cards nicely protected but the next two came in a large shipping envelope with very little protection and some of the corners were severely damaged.

I got them for $10 a set and when I first saw them I thought it had to be a mistake and was too good to be true. Once I got the first shipment I decided to email them and buy every set they had.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:19 PM   #68 (permalink)

Here are the scans of the two that graded the highest. After my last submission I am out of any that will grade reasonably high.

Old 07-07-2014, 11:05 PM   #69 (permalink)

Here are the cards I just got back from a recent signing.

Old 07-08-2014, 12:44 PM   #70 (permalink)

Love the new signature additions! Was hoping to get a Merlin signed myself when I met him but none of the ones I owned had good eye appeal sadly. Hopefully I get another chance some day.
-Kobe & Kevin Garnett Autos, Inserts & Graded cards
Krayzie83 is offline   Reply With Quote