Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2013, 10:10 AM   #76 (permalink)

Default austin

I have enough bragging rights and looking to acquire one of the best wrestling cards around. Be patient!
wrestlingcardki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:18 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingcardki View Post
$600 was the sell price
Great price. Maybe I should get my WCW Magazine Steve Austion cards graded.

Last edited by sthoemke; 06-07-2013 at 06:43 PM.
sthoemke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #78 (permalink)

Default Graded cards

Sthoemke-
After years of trying to get you to join PSA I have given up! I won't believe that you will have your cards graded until you post your results.... Good luck with your sub if you ever join the fray, but I am not banking on that happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthoemke View Post
Old 06-08-2013, 05:04 PM   #79 (permalink)

I'm in no hurry to grade. I've been considering send some to BGS through COMC, but I know BGS doesn't bring the prices of PSA.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:49 PM   #80 (permalink)

PSA really is the standard. It seems like every 5 figure and up card is graded by PSA. BGS is good for grading thick MEM cards, mainly newer stuff.
sjim8660 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:14 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthoemke View Post
I know you are in no hurry to get cards graded. I just found it amusing that you put "maybe" in reference to getting cards graded in a message. I saw this as "not likely".
Old 06-09-2013, 11:09 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingcardki View Post
I know you are in no hurry to get cards graded. I just found it amusing that you put "maybe" in reference to getting cards graded in a message. I saw this as "not likely".
Will definately be sending to BGS via COMC. No plans for PSA.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:46 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootan View Post
dpeck:

cannot believe that woods card, just checked it out. i honestly did not know that cards like that COULD get graded. so yeah I learnt something there...........

wrestlingcardking:

i have mixed feelings. envy for you the seller, who sold that card for $600 and pity for the bloke who bought it.......that austin "card" sold in a lot of like 16 for $20 just last month. the centering looked just as good as the one above.

still in my opinion, i wouldnt even touch those cards either of them................this card hobby is just nuts. I mean those perforated cards, you use to tear them off of eachother right?? they would come in a page and you would have to tear them off............they were more like paper. how are they cards???

anyways whats next??? i might go looking for some wrestling stickers I have put away or postcards.
I guess i = Bloke who bought it!!! hahahaha!!!. I feel like this about it.....Find another one, You won't. It's the rookie card of the BIGGEST star in the history of the business, and before anyone says ANYTHING about that, Austin drew more money, sold more merch, higher ratings than anyone in the history of the business. $600, hell, that's a bargin.
BROKENSOUL6900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:57 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootan View Post
dpeck:

cannot believe that woods card, just checked it out. i honestly did not know that cards like that COULD get graded. so yeah I learnt something there...........

wrestlingcardking:

i have mixed feelings. envy for you the seller, who sold that card for $600 and pity for the bloke who bought it.......that austin "card" sold in a lot of like 16 for $20 just last month. the centering looked just as good as the one above.

still in my opinion, i wouldnt even touch those cards either of them................this card hobby is just nuts. I mean those perforated cards, you use to tear them off of eachother right?? they would come in a page and you would have to tear them off............they were more like paper. how are they cards???

anyways whats next??? i might go looking for some wrestling stickers I have put away or postcards.
I guess i = Bloke who bought it!!! hahahaha!!!. I feel like this about it.....Find another one, You won't. It's the rookie card of the BIGGEST star in the history of the business, and before anyone says ANYTHING about that, Austin drew more money, sold more merch, higher ratings than anyone in the history of the business. $600, hell, that's a bargin.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:29 PM   #85 (permalink)

The Austin PSA 9 is a very cool card and in my opinion one of the best wrestling cards out there.

What I find so so intriguing about it is in 1992 when the photo was taken Stunning Steve Austin was a mid card level wrestler and had all of the physical attributes but just couldn't put it all together. There is not one wrestling fan that could have ever predicted his meteoric rise to the top of the business. When he left WCW for ECW his stock was at an all time low and thanks to some impressive ring work and promos he was brought into the WWE. They had no true major plans for him and his break out performances gave them no choice but to let him run with the ball. I had a chance to see Stone Cold at the Orlando Arena and when his music hit the roof could have blown off the place. I was luckily of drinking age and was pounding beers and when he hit the ropes and called for the cans I was about to lose my mind. It was absolutely awesome!

No one can dispute how amazing of a performer Steve Austin became with unbelievable matches and incredible mic skills and he has to be on anyone's top five list of all time.

Congratulations on an excellent addition to your collection.
dpeck100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:32 PM   #86 (permalink)

I think the then WWF did a lot to help steve austin became so big. the First big step for him was when they started him feuding with Bret Hart. Hart is one of the biggest and most popular stars of all time, so that put Austin in the spot light very fast. Although he was supposed to be a heel at first, he eventually won the royal rumble (1997) and he pretty much took over the company from there. But Hart has said on multiple occasions that he would love to wrestle austin again because he was so good in the ring and he was very entertaining. But I say that to say the WWF knew how to grow talent like no other company. WCW failed to keep him and groom him properly.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:19 PM   #87 (permalink)

True Story - when i was 15 years old in 1991, i worked my 1st job at my uncle's auto upholstery shop in Douglasville, Ga. Stunning Steve came in got some work done on his truck, him and my uncle became buddys. As it turned out Steve, his then wife Jeannie, and there daughter Jade lived half a mile away from me. Steve came by the shop many times that summer. He would go to lunch with us, loved BBQ Chicken. He would eat 2 whole chickens. He loved to ride his ATV's. He was redneck. Steve's true personality is not far off from the guy that blew the WWE up in the mid 90's. WCW blew it on ALOT of guys. Steve had IT. I think with WCW he was brought down to nothing at the end of his run, he went to ECW, cut some amazing promos, got vince's attention....and the rest is wrestling history!
Old 06-11-2013, 10:32 PM   #88 (permalink)

Awesome story! Two whole chickens is a serious meal!

In the 80's my family did not have cable and I would beg my neighbor Lawson to watch his big screen TV at the time to watch wrestling on ESPN. When I first saw Stunning Steve Austin I was blown away at how big he was. He has huge legs which is rare in life. There have been plenty of big name wrestlers that had awesome physiques but he had those massive legs to go with that huge upper body. I was excited to see him land in WCW and as it was always cool to see performers before they made it to the bigger promotions.

If my memory serves me the turning point for Austin was when he lost to Bret Hart in the sharpshooter and laid in a pool of blood. Everyone knew this guy was for real at that point.

When his music hit it was amazing.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:13 PM   #89 (permalink)

The Wrestlemania 13 Submission match with Bret Hart was HUGE, my all time favorite Mania match, but the one that MADE him in WWE was the 1996 King of the Ring Finals match vs Jake Roberts....or at least the promo afterward,"You sit there and you thump your Bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16... Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass!" Your right about being in the arena and the glass breaking, it's INSANE. I really kinda hope he comes back and does 1 more Mania match, 30 would be perfect! CM Punk vs Stone Cold in New Orleans i hope!
Old 06-12-2013, 12:45 AM   #90 (permalink)

Thanks for sharing your story about Stone Cold, that is awesome and I can understand why the card is a great card regardless if you ate chicken with him or not!!!
Old 06-12-2013, 06:38 AM   #91 (permalink)

Stone Cold 3:16 Is Born - YouTube

Awesome!
Old 06-12-2013, 06:41 AM   #92 (permalink)

Best Stone Cold Steve Austin Entrance - YouTube

The look on his face as he is coming to the ring is priceless. This dude means business!
Old 06-12-2013, 09:39 AM   #93 (permalink)

@wrestlingcardking
Hey how did you end up with so many 73 wrestling annual cards for your registry? did you purchase the magazine and cut them yourself? you are really making it hard for me to be #1, I am going to have to build a set of almost all 10's to compete with you, which for magazine cards is almost impossible. I guess I have no choice but to stick to the 80's stuff.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:34 AM   #94 (permalink)

Default 1973 annuals

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjim8660 View Post
@wrestlingcardking
Hey how did you end up with so many 73 wrestling annual cards for your registry? did you purchase the magazine and cut them yourself? you are really making it hard for me to be #1, I am going to have to build a set of almost all 10's to compete with you, which for magazine cards is almost impossible. I guess I have no choice but to stick to the 80's stuff.
I hope you decide to go after the 1973 set after all. I have it 100% complete but still have more to sub. I did buy some magazines and some individual pages and then some that were already graded. My other sets are going along a little slower so I have devoted a bit more time into this set. I welcome competition on the registry. That is a part of it that makes it really fun!
Old 06-12-2013, 11:45 AM   #95 (permalink)

I am going to finish the 87 topps set first and do the 87 topps sticker set which is only 22 cards so that will not take long. Than I am going to have to decide on the 85 OPC set or the 73 annual. I might do both with the majority of my time going toward the 85 OPC set. But you have a great set so far.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:17 PM   #96 (permalink)

Default wrestling annual

Quote:
I am going to finish the 87 topps set first and do the 87 topps sticker set which is only 22 cards so that will not take long. Than I am going to have to decide on the 85 OPC set or the 73 annual. I might do both with the majority of my time going toward the 85 OPC set. But you have a great set so far.
Yeah the 1987 should be pretty easy but the OPC will be tough in high grade due to centering issues. Doesn't sound like you are going to be taking on the 1973 annual anytime soon. I already sold a few of my dupes this morning and will be selling others. One of the biggest cards from my most recent sub is The Sheik in PSA 10 from the 1973 Wrestling Annual. This is his RC and he is a WWE HOF member and overall riot. I anticipate that it will go for a good price.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
But I say that to say the WWF knew how to grow talent like no other company. WCW failed to keep him and groom him properly.
seriously? what was "stone colds" gimmick in the wwf before he became stone cold? they done worse to him then wcw did. at least he was respectable as stunning steve. no so much for his roman body guard thing or what ever you wanna call it. then they just copied sandmans gimmick and then he had a career.

he is one of few guys that started elsewhere and went on to be a big star in the wwf. bc most of the ppl that walk the the wwfs doors after being in wcw, were ruined and made into a mockery.
spookytwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:23 PM   #98 (permalink)

wwf had to work austin in did you expect they were going to give him a big push like they do to new wrestlers now? back than they were loaded with talent so they weren't starving for ticket sellers. Steve Austin blowing up like he did was unexpected even by steve austin. He matched up with the attitude era, it is one of those once in a lifetime things.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:09 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
wwf had to work austin in did you expect they were going to give him a big push like they do to new wrestlers now? back than they were loaded with talent so they weren't starving for ticket sellers. Steve Austin blowing up like he did was unexpected even by steve austin. He matched up with the attitude era, it is one of those once in a lifetime things.
yea they were because by that time, wwf was nearly closing its doors. most wwe fanboys have no idea just how close wwf was to going under. they were fumbling to come up with something. then they curse on tv, parade sable around half naked, pretty much put jerry springer in a ring, then they get ratings.
spookytwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookytwinkie View Post
seriously? what was "stone colds" gimmick in the wwf before he became stone cold? they done worse to him then wcw did. at least he was respectable as stunning steve. no so much for his roman body guard thing or what ever you wanna call it. then they just copied sandmans gimmick and then he had a career.

he is one of few guys that started elsewhere and went on to be a big star in the wwf. bc most of the ppl that walk the the wwfs doors after being in wcw, were ruined and made into a mockery.
I personally was way more entertained by sandman. Never was a stone cold fan.
geoffyb is offline   Reply With Quote