Blowout Cards Forums
Shop for NFL Draft Class of 2014 Nike Jerseys and New Era Draft Caps at NFLShop.com

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #26 (permalink)

He has a 9 going right now so people can fight over that one and see where it lands!
wrestlingcardki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingcardki View Post
He has a 9 going right now so people can fight over that one and see where it lands!
I am kind of surprised you have not jumped on the 1992 wcw topps set for the registry. Do you only stick to a certain era as far as getting sets graded?
sjim8660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:57 PM   #28 (permalink)

It is a little more modern than what I typically will jump in to but you never know in the future.....
Old 07-06-2013, 10:50 AM   #29 (permalink)

Here are some scans of some of the better cards.

I had to go for a 10 on this card

Searching for Brock Lesnar football cards is what got me active in the hobby again in 2009. He is by far my favorite current wrestler.

I am hoping Batista makes a return to the WWE.

What I like about this card is the WWE did not have big plans for Cena at this point. He earned his spot on top.

Randy Orton is definitely one of the more exciting wrestlers in the business today. He was very green as they say at this point in his career in 2002.

This is an insert card from the set. I thought it was a cool card as it features Hogan and Flair from the year that Flair won the royal rumble and the WWF belt.

Arn Anderson was one of the original members of the 4 Horsemen and a long time star in the business.

The Road Warriors were simply awesome! One of the best features to the 1988 Wonderama set is there are quite a few different cards that feature them.

This is the first of the three primary Sting cards from the set to grade Gem Mint. Almost every single example of this card has a print dot right in the middle of the card. This one doesn't.

Barry Windham was a great wrestler and his family was big in CWF when I was a kid.

Big Bubba Rogers was scary when I was a kid! He used to do Jim Cornette's dirty work. He later went on to stardom as the Big Boss Man.

Dr. Death Steve Williams was a very intimidating wrestler and passed away way too soon.

This is a classic shot of the Nature Boy as the leader of the 4 Horsemen!

I don't think the wrestling world will ever forgive Lex Luger for this role in Mrs. Elizabeth's death but he definately had one of the best physiques and finishing moves ever in the business.

This is Owen Hart's rookie from the 1992 Merlin Series I. It is mis labeled. What an amazing performer Owen was.

This is from Series II and a great card.

What I like so much about this card is it is one of Shawn Michaels first cards as a singles wrestler. Some of his early work as the Heartbreak Kid is awesome.

This is one of the more difficult cards to find centered from this set and just such a classic shot.

[/URL]

Scott Hall had some great moments in wrestling for sure. Here he is right before his career took off.

Last edited by dpeck100; 07-06-2013 at 11:01 AM.
dpeck100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:04 AM   #30 (permalink)

nice cards. I think those rumble cards have not reached their full potential yet. Look at the size of the phone Heyman is using. I would love to see you putting a set of some of the modern cards together and put it on the registry.
sjim8660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:10 AM   #31 (permalink)

The 1992 set is the most modern I will consider. I am very cognizant of the risk and reward of getting cards graded and there are not enough cards in a set like the 2002 Fleer that would have potential resale value to cover costs.

No one wants a PSA 8 of Maven or other short term performers.

The Fleer cards are very tough. They stick together out of the pack and the slightest damage shows up. I don't think people realize how tough they are in high grade.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:17 PM   #32 (permalink)

9 brought considerably less than the 8.
geoffyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #33 (permalink)

Hit or a miss sometimes......of course the 8 was the first time it ever came to market too.....good auctions ending now.....fun to watch
Old 07-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #34 (permalink)

Damn, was out at dinner and missed out.. Would've bought the titty twister 7 at that price to crack and throw in the pc.. As is I only have the Jimmy Garvin error Studds from the set :-/
-Kobe & Kevin Garnett Autos, Inserts & Graded cards
Krayzie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:42 PM   #35 (permalink)

Hey whoever just outbid on the Rockers, thank you. Saved me a fight with my wife tonight. Ha!

2 to go for the 2012 TNA Reflexxions set! Paying well for on card autos I still need.
gentlevader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:18 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffyb View Post
9 brought considerably less than the 8.

I am sure the buyer who took home both of the Scott Hall cards is pleased with the price.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:44 PM   #37 (permalink)

someone got a good deal on the Hall 9's.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:31 AM   #38 (permalink)

It's hard to say whether that was a good deal or not for the two Halls. It certainly looks so compared to others in lower grade that have sold recently, but then again it's a Scott Hall base wrestling card of which he has multiple cards in the same set. I would have taken one of the two at those prices but Im still not sure what I could have hoped for in the future in terms of any return on that investment. I know a few of you are big on Hall and his place in wrestling history (including putting him significantly over guys from today like CM Punk), but as much as I liked him, I just don't see that. He was never a world champion, he has no future in the business as far as I can tell post retirement like a HHH (I don't think they'd even put this guy on TV ever again with all his personal issues), and I don't see him with any future outside the business in movies or TV.

In any event Im sure dpeck overall made some change on these in spite of the Im sure disappointing prices on the 9's and still managed to hold on to his 10's of the same cards.
bullingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:56 AM   #39 (permalink)

$60 is still a lot for a base card of someone. Id say he did well. Even I, mr skeptical, predicted someone would pay a bunch for it.
geoffyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:16 PM   #40 (permalink)

There were some cards that went for less then I would have liked and others that exceeded my expectations.

When you are running a decent number of auctions you just have to take the good with the bad and hope it evens itself out in the end.

There were a few of these I know for sure that could have sold for more in a fixed price listing but I am fine with it.

My goal in submitting these cards was two fold. One to add some nice graded cards to my collection and two to take some relatively low priced cards that I felt would grade high and recoup some of my costs by selling them.

Let's face it, you can't even sell a Shawn Micheals 1990 Classic on EBAY and even break even. I use nice shipping supplies so I can't begin to sell a card like that raw. I spent $7 to get it graded and it sells for $30. EBAY takes 13% so now I am down to $19 that goes towards my costs.

I spent $860 to get all of these graded with shipping charges so I put a nice dent in that number which is great.

Thanks to anyone who bid. I appreciate it and anyone who has already paid your cards are shipped as I get them out right away once payment is received.

Last edited by dpeck100; 07-13-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:06 PM   #41 (permalink)

i gotta the guy who won those auctions....he's pretty HAPPY!!! I gotta say, the one im most excited about is the Dr. Death PSA 10, which honestly it really did bring a good price in my opinion. Thanks DPeck, can't wait till they arrive!
BROKENSOUL6900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:12 PM   #42 (permalink)

I love that Dr Death too!!! I ended up looking at my raw card and thought I need to ship you to PSA!!! Congrats on that one as it ended up being my favorite of the bunch and I hope mine pops a 10 too, but it sure is good to know you have it in hand and not have to hope for one!