Blowout Cards Forums
Draft Kings

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

View Poll Results: Should Olympic players be included in a $300 Leaf Rookie Retro product as the ROOKIE?
Yes 8 18.60%
No 35 81.40%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2013, 12:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Is the entire 2012 Topps Olympic set all rookies since it is their 1st official card?

Box break link: SUPER ROUGH Leaf Rookie Retro box break...
For example, I broke open a Leaf Rookie Retro at my LCS and got Marcus Lattimore matrix card and a 2012 Topps Olympic Lolo Jones Autograph PSA 10. It's absolutely ridiculous that that a one time product, hyped by Topps ( only during the Olympic season) to be included in a high end product like the Rookie Retro. Would you be ecstatic with a autograph/rc product that came out only one year in your $300 rookie retro box? Lolo Jones isn't even listed as a RC anywhere on the beckett guides, even i'm ebay are they listed as RC, where does Leaf come up with this?!
eBay sellers beware, I will leave you a neutral if you don't at least include a toploader when shipping a card. Feel free to block me if you don't ship with a toploader or secured card holder. That is all.
High-End Bucket: http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m627/AvenOZ/High-End%20and%20HTG/

Last edited by CP3toOKC; 07-07-2013 at 12:53 PM.
CP3toOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

This isn't gonna be good for leaf. What a sketchy and questionable company.
rip+flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Leaf has created some unique products for sure but after what happened with the red ink "1/1" Scott Hall I purchased and Leafs ultimate unwillingness to take any responsibility for it and/or making any substantive offers to me to makeup for my relying on their own company's patently false statement about the production number of the card and/or to cut ties with American Icons immediately because of the fiasco, I would never trust them again. I still buy cards Leaf made occasionally but no longer will buy boxes or cases chasing cards that may or may not exist or even be inserted and even when I do buy Leaf cards I only pay up to a certain amount now knowing I can't trust them on anything. Due to greed or simply inability to staff a competent company, I believe the new Leaf will end up in the dust bin of history within the next year or two along with all the other sketchy card companies of the past. Companies have backdoored cards for years so that's not a first (and one can only speculate this is being done), but when the cards stop even being what they say they are and the company won't stand behind its product when an obvious mistake is made immediately shows me all I need to know. This is not a rookie card and Mr Gray shouldn't have had to wait around for public opinion to know that.

Last edited by bullingham; 07-07-2013 at 02:11 PM.
bullingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

sthoemke is offline   Reply With Quote