Blowout Cards Forums
Shop MyLocker.net Today!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2013, 02:07 AM   #126 (permalink)

Apparently the Blue base art George The Animal Steele was one of the cards that leaf kept multiple copies of to insert into their holiday packs. I searched for nearly six months to get one to finish out my set and when I did got shilled horrendously on it. Three copies on Ebay in the last week. I am taking it with a grain of salt and trying to learn from my mistakes. Buy early and often when the market floods and wait until Christmas time for the next batch of sps to hit and to finish out that hard to get/25 you have only seen 3 copies of, 3 more could be just around the corner.

Last edited by ryangeorgelaw; 12-06-2013 at 07:54 AM.
ryangeorgelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:15 AM   #127 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangeorgelaw View Post
Apparently the Blue base art George The Animal Steele was one of the cards that leaf kept multiple copies of to insert into their holiday packs. I searched for nearly six months to get one to finish out my set and when I did got shilled horrendously on it. Three copies on Ebay in the last week. I am taking it with a grain of salt and trying to learn from my mistakes. Buy early and often when the market floods and wait until Christmas time for the next batch of sps to hit and to finish out that hard to get/25 you have only seen 3 copies of, 3 more could be just around the corner.
I am also trying to finish a blue /25 set. There are a few that have popped up recently that seemed to of not existed 3 months ago. I feel your pain.
sjim8660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:27 AM   #128 (permalink)

I got mine done, but strangely the three hardest to finish were Roddy Piper (understandable, being a redemption), but also George Steele and Paul Orndorff two that you wouldn't have thought would have been so hard to come by. I could be wrong, but I think the holiday packs are the number one reason. Leaf keeping stuff back to pass out later. I guess if we start seeing a bunch of blue Orndorffs in the next few weeks it will kind of further justify my theory. Now if I can only find the remaining four reds that I need and fingers crossed (lol) Leaf inserted some white base Duggans in their Holiday packs so I can get back the one I traded three times, I will have completed my goal of a white thru red Rainbow on the base art for my PC and will be a happy man. Still haven't decided if I am going to even touch the next release, but who am I kidding I will probably get sucked in once I see that Blue Sabu that was previewed live. That card looks sick and I am really hoping it is /10 and I can nab one.

Last edited by ryangeorgelaw; 12-06-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:37 AM   #129 (permalink)

I am sure others have noticed this as well, but Jerry Lawler has been in the last two Leaf Products. I think his inclusion in the next Originals set is almost inevitable. I don't know if this excites anybody but me, but I can't wait to try and build my King Rainbows. Any word yet on a release date or checklist?
Old 12-29-2013, 07:32 AM   #130 (permalink)

well it wont be called 2013 Leaf Wrestling , it wil be 2014. what is the delay??
Old 12-29-2013, 07:40 AM   #131 (permalink)

They had tweeted awhile back (which is why I am wondering if they anyone knows of any updates, as I don't follow twitter) that the artwork was complete, the printing was being done and getting the autographs was next. I personally don't mind waiting awhile as long as long as when the new checklist comes out there are a bunch of new names we haven't had a chance to get certified autos of before. That is what made me a fan of the first set, on card autos of guys such as Abdullah that we hadn't been offered before. I was never a Leaf collector before and probably won't be once they quit popping out Originals sets. But as long as they keep bringing me on card autos of guys I haven't had the opportunity to get before, I will be on the train.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:48 AM   #132 (permalink)

I have heard grumblings about the Ultimate Warrior in the next set. If this is indeed the case as rumor has it, the red and blues/10 and reds/5 will be awesome for the market. I will be an observer I would assume but it would be very interesting seeing a live auction for a 1/1 Ultimate Warrior Black.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:37 AM   #133 (permalink)

Quote:
I have heard grumblings about the Ultimate Warrior in the next set. If this is indeed the case as rumor has it, the red and blues/10 and reds/5 will be awesome for the market. I will be an observer I would assume but it would be very interesting seeing a live auction for a 1/1 Ultimate Warrior Black.
Ultimate Warrior is piece of sh*t. He not in Iron Sheik class. He is just cheeseburger eating jabroni bubba.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:28 PM   #134 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootan View Post
well it wont be called 2013 Leaf Wrestling , it wil be 2014. what is the delay??
it's not delayed, they have never even said when a release date is set.

I hear set is going to be larger than the last set. So getting all these guys to sign is going to take awhile. My guess is a mid summer release with just a few redemptions I hope. Would be nice with no redemptions, but you know a few guys will drag their feet.

I hope Lawler is in the set as well. I hope we get a few Memphis 80's guys in that crazy territory. Love watching video from that time period.
Fabulous Ones would be great, Austin Idol, Bill Dundee, Dutch Mantel, Fargo, Sheepherders, Moondogs (are any still alive?), Ventura, Jimmy Valiant, Rock N Roll Express, would all be cool seeing in this set.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #135 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnft17 View Post
...Moondogs (are any still alive?)...
Moondog autos would be great. Offhand I think only Moondog Spot has a wrestling card.

From Wiki page:

Members
Core

Moondog King (Ed White)
Moondog Rex (Randy Colley)
Moondog Spot (Larry Booker)
Moondog Spike (Bill Smithson)
Moondog Cujo (Lanny Kean)
Moondog Splat (Bob "Bubba" White)
Moondog Max (John Walton)

Others

Black Moondog (aka The Big Black Dog)[4]
Moondog Fido[4]
Moondog Fifi (Dianne Von Hoffman)[4]
Moondog Rover (Paul J. Mcknight)[4]
Moondog Mange (Jimmy Stone)
Moondog Lonnie Mayne
Moondog Ed Moretti
Moondog Puppylove (Mike Flowers)
Moondog Spot/Spike 1987-1988 (Tony Nardo)
Moondog Nathan (Nathan Brian Randolph)[4]
Moondog Splash (Eddie Harrell)
Moondog Duke (Frank Cody)
Moondog Ravage (Brad Worrell)
Moondog Buddy (Sean Taylor)
Moondog Barron [New England independents] (DJ Barron)
Moondog Runt (James McClain)
Old 01-17-2014, 07:35 AM   #136 (permalink)

I got a message back from Leaf stating that to check back in a few months and that this set will be released in the summer.
grews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:43 PM   #137 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grews View Post
I got a message back from Leaf stating that to check back in a few months and that this set will be released in the summer.
So... we can expect it to start shipping around mid-December...
Old 01-17-2014, 01:09 PM   #138 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthoemke View Post
Ha; no doubt. Starting to sound eerily familiar.

I just want to know who has been confirmed for the checklist--is it a bunch of the same dudes, or some new ones. If new guys, I will start donating plasma now so I can buy some of this stuff.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:35 PM   #139 (permalink)

Quote:
what year?

ir would gave been nice if had tied in w wrestlemania 30 and have ultimate warrior autos to chase
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:48 PM   #140 (permalink)

Quote:
I can only wonder what other good cards Leaf withheld for future Holiday Packs...

All those unreleased Hogans, Flairs, Halls, etc have to be somewhere, right?
Old 01-17-2014, 01:49 PM   #141 (permalink)

I would think warrior would sign a legends deal with wwe now with hof and all.
bassprokvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:41 PM   #142 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassprokvd View Post
I would think warrior would sign a legends deal with wwe now with hof and all.
That was my thought too, but I don't understand how it works. I wouldn't think Bruno Sammartino would be able to sign for leaf anymore either and is in the most recent Sports Heroes, so fingers crossed we get some Warriors.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:56 PM   #143 (permalink)

As an investment, I'd stay with the various Donruss Warrior auto cards. Those are starting to dry up.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:03 PM   #144 (permalink)

Quote:
As an investment, I'd stay with the various Donruss Warrior auto cards. Those are starting to dry up.
Ill always take on card over stickers. Imagine if Warrior was in the leaf product what his black 1/1 would sell for.

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/Sjim8660/library/?sort=3&page=0
sjim8660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 03:18 PM   #145 (permalink)

I think the Donruss Celebrity Cuts were on-card:

Donruss Celebrity Cuts Ultimate Warrior Auto Autograph Ed 31 50 WWE WWF | eBay
Old 01-17-2014, 03:29 PM   #146 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm pretty sure those were all sticker. If you look close I believe there's a sticker. A black 1/1 on card would be absolutely sick. I got 300-400 ready if that happens.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:39 PM   #147 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassprokvd View Post
I'm pretty sure those were all sticker. If you look close I believe there's a sticker. A black 1/1 on card would be absolutely sick. I got 300-400 ready if that happens.
Can't see any indication of a sticker. Looks like on-card auto.

The auto cards from the other sets (Sport Ledgends, Americana) were all sticker autos, I think.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:38 PM   #148 (permalink)

Quote:
I have one just like that (41/50) and it is a sticker.
Stanley2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:47 PM   #149 (permalink)

The thought of an on card Ultimate Warrior auto definitely has me excited. But to be honest with you I am excited for some of the lesser guys and my personal favs hopefully making an appearance. Two cards that I am hoping, praying for and waiting on are my future Red alternates /5 of the Dr. of Style Slick, and Mr. Fuji.

The reason I really liked the first set was just the chance to get on card certified autos of a bunch of guys that were never offered for. Hopefully they are able to keep that up and bring us a bunch of new guys.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:09 PM   #150 (permalink)

I think I'm going to pick and choose with series 2. The whole Scott hall autograph fiasco, and all the hard to find autos coming out in the holiday pack, kind of make me Leary about leaf. But I still like 1st autos of guys though.