Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2014, 12:21 AM   #176 (permalink)

Indeed it is Ricky Morton, but I am not 100% on the location as the picture was just text to me a little while ago.
ryangeorgelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 12:30 AM   #177 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangeorgelaw View Post
Indeed it is Ricky Morton, but I am not 100% on the location as the picture was just text to me a little while ago.
With an RVD shirt?
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/484335-namttips-collection-threads.html --- Current Projects - Entertainment: Walking Dead and GoT - Baseball: Brian Wilson, Barry Bonds, SF Giants - Football: SF 49ers, Frank Gore, - Wrestling: Lanny Poffo, KoKo B. Ware
Namttip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 12:43 AM   #178 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namttip View Post
With an RVD shirt?
Lol the picture is blurry but I think his T-shirt says RWC or something to that effect. If we are getting Ricky Morton than we are surely getting Robert Gibson as well. Not exactly the Rock or Goldberg type names, but I am happy personally they are in. I am sure they will be on the low end of the tier as far as prices go and as far as I know this will be there first autos. I have been kind of following who has been and is going to be attending signings. Not that it necessarily means they will be in but pretty safe guesses for the set so far besides Funk, Dreamer, Storm and the other ECW guys previewed would be Ron Simmons, Adam Bomb, Gangrel, Terri Runnels, Matt Hardy, Gerald Brisco, Headshrinker Samu, The Tonga Kid and Chris Masters.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:01 AM   #179 (permalink)

Quote:
Lol the picture is blurry but I think his T-shirt says RWC or something to that effect.
Correctomundo.... check out the big brain on Brad!
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/484335-namttips-collection-threads.html --- Current Projects - Entertainment: Walking Dead and GoT - Baseball: Brian Wilson, Barry Bonds, SF Giants - Football: SF 49ers, Frank Gore, - Wrestling: Lanny Poffo, KoKo B. Ware
Old 04-12-2014, 03:13 AM   #180 (permalink)

RWC=Ring Wars Carolina

sthoemke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 03:54 AM   #181 (permalink)

Personally I am hoping for a bunch of 80s and early 90s guys that haven't had certified autos before from the next set.... They can always put newer guys in the next. I would be very happy if some of the lower priced guys were made up of names such as Sweet Stan Lane, Beautiful Bobby, Butch Reed, Ronnie Garvin, Stan Hansen, Haku, Paul Roma, etc..

Also with all of those ECW guys they previewed; Dreamer, Storm, Funk, Scorpio, Balls and Sabu, I sure hope they give us a Franchise autograph.

Last edited by ryangeorgelaw; 04-12-2014 at 03:58 AM.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:15 AM   #182 (permalink)

I am pretty sure a bunch of these guys will be signing since they are all together at this convention....
San Diego Upcoming Autograph Signings CA
Old 04-12-2014, 04:49 PM   #183 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
I am pretty sure a bunch of these guys will be signing since they are all together at this convention....
San Diego Upcoming Autograph Signings CA
I hope American Icons isn't backdooring cards again.
Old 04-12-2014, 06:00 PM   #184 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthoemke View Post
I hope American Icons isn't backdooring cards again.
You're funny.... and not funny ha ha
Old 04-23-2014, 12:11 AM   #185 (permalink)

One of my all time favorites. It is hard to see him looking so thin and frail, but it is nice to see he is still out and about. You gotta love Bobby Heenan though. In general I am not a fan of duplicates from last set, but the Brain gets a free pass.

PS, I can actually zoom on the picture on my phone and the one art looks fairly similar to last years alternate art. He is pointing at his brain in a classic pose. The pics are hard to see, but in the one you can see the 1/1 black on the table.

Last edited by ryangeorgelaw; 04-23-2014 at 12:15 AM.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:19 AM   #186 (permalink)

I was just thinking with all the people that TNA released - there are some more "newer" wrestlers that I would like to see...

AJ Styles would be very cool...
Old 04-23-2014, 02:00 AM   #187 (permalink)

The R&R express is a great addition!
Ty Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 03:50 AM   #188 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayzie83 View Post
Looks like they'll be reusing some of the guys but IMO they look amazing! I'll definitely be grabbing one of the Hollywood Hogans!

i have to say these do look pretty amazing . i hated the look of series one . do these come in packs ? or is it one of them releases where you get 5 cards in a box in top loaders ?
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:37 AM   #189 (permalink)

Quote:
One of my all time favorites. It is hard to see him looking so thin and frail, but it is nice to see he is still out and about. You gotta love Bobby Heenan though. In general I am not a fan of duplicates from last set, but the Brain gets a free pass.

PS, I can actually zoom on the picture on my phone and the one art looks fairly similar to last years alternate art. He is pointing at his brain in a classic pose. The pics are hard to see, but in the one you can see the 1/1 black on the table.
Heenan gets a pass from me also. He does not have a ton of on card autos so I don't mind seeing him in the 2nd series. I would love to get my hands on that black 1/1. I am glad he signed for the WCW topps autos in 98.

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/Sjim8660/library/?sort=3&page=0
sjim8660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:36 PM   #190 (permalink)

Quote:

Definitely doesn't look like The Brain that I remember, but we are very lucky to still have him around at all. He has been through a lot the last several years. Hopefully he is feeling relatively ok these days.
Stanley2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:19 PM   #191 (permalink)

thx for sharing the signing pics .. and the previews

looking forward to this release big time
Old 04-24-2014, 09:02 PM   #192 (permalink)

Anything on a release date yet?
Ty Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:59 PM   #193 (permalink)

Are the cards standard size?

From the pics, they look like they are. (someone earlier said same size as last year)
Old 04-25-2014, 12:29 PM   #194 (permalink)

Quote:
Are the cards standard size?

From the pics, they look like they are. (someone earlier said same size as last year)
I will say personally that I hope they are not standard size, I really like the Originals design and the mini aspect of them. I don't know how most people feel about it though.

I don't even know for sure if the Warrior was going to be in the set, I really think he was going to be though. I am really really hoping that if there was artwork done on the Warrior card that they release it in the set, like 2012's Shawn Michaels and Mean Gene sketches.

The pics that I have gotten and shared have not been the best quality, but looking at the Ricky Morton's I do believe that they are mini. Also to answer another guy's question, if they are packaged as they were in 2012 a box consists of five autographs in top loaders.

Last edited by ryangeorgelaw; 04-25-2014 at 12:36 PM.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:37 PM   #195 (permalink)

Mortons' base looks like mini, but Heenans' color cards look regular size cards.

The Sabu and Hogan mock-ups look like regular size.

Maybe only the base/white will be minis? would be nice to get some info from Leaf...
Old 04-25-2014, 03:58 PM   #196 (permalink)

I want to see a checklist so bad!! I've been working on getting a bunch for the first set. Probably my favorite set of cards in my collection!

Need: 2013 Bowman Chrome Joe Mauer - - Red, Orange, Plates
rcgdodge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:49 PM   #197 (permalink)

Quote:
Mortons' base looks like mini, but Heenans' color cards look regular size cards.

The Sabu and Hogan mock-ups look like regular size.

Maybe only the base/white will be minis? would be nice to get some info from Leaf...
I don't really like the mini cards although I did like the first set very much overall. Doing the base mini and the color cards regular sized would be a nice compromise though.
Stanley2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:14 PM   #198 (permalink)

American Icons posted this list of people that are doing signings in June for them:

Roddy Piper, Bill Goldberg, Maria Kanellis, Terry Funk, Mike Bennett, Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian, Young Bucks Matt & Nick Jackson, Wild Samoans Afa & Sika, Bushwacker Luke, Adam Pearce, Matt Hardy, Reby Sky, Chris "Masters" Mordetzky, The Nasty Boys Knobbs & Sags, Rycklon Stephens fka Ezekial Jackson, Candice Michelle, Carlito Colon, Matt Striker, D.O.C. fka Luke Gallows, Balls Mahoney, Ken Patera, Amy "Lita" Dumas, Gangrel, Ron Simmons, Tommy Dreamer, Rikishi, Barbie "Kelly Kelly" Blank, Lance Storm, Tiny Lister, Sean Waltman, Eric Bischoff, Gene Okerlund, Midnight Express Bobby Eaton & Dennis Condrey

considering Leaf used AI to do most of the last series its pretty much a done deal that most of these guys will be in the next release. I am pretty happy with most of the names, Goldberg, both nasty boys, tiny lister, ron simmons, ken patera, bischoff and waltman. It looks to be a pretty solid set.

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/Sjim8660/library/?sort=3&page=0
sjim8660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:19 PM   #199 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjim8660 View Post
American Icons posted this list of people that are doing signings in June for them:

Roddy Piper, Bill Goldberg, Maria Kanellis, Terry Funk, Mike Bennett, Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian, Young Bucks Matt & Nick Jackson, Wild Samoans Afa & Sika, Bushwacker Luke, Adam Pearce, Matt Hardy, Reby Sky, Chris "Masters" Mordetzky, The Nasty Boys Knobbs & Sags, Rycklon Stephens fka Ezekial Jackson, Candice Michelle, Carlito Colon, Matt Striker, D.O.C. fka Luke Gallows, Balls Mahoney, Ken Patera, Amy "Lita" Dumas, Gangrel, Ron Simmons, Tommy Dreamer, Rikishi, Barbie "Kelly Kelly" Blank, Lance Storm, Tiny Lister, Sean Waltman, Eric Bischoff, Gene Okerlund, Midnight Express Bobby Eaton & Dennis Condrey

considering Leaf used AI to do most of the last series its pretty much a done deal that most of these guys will be in the next release. I am pretty happy with most of the names, Goldberg, both nasty boys, tiny lister, ron simmons, ken patera, bischoff and waltman. It looks to be a pretty solid set.
So tier it out and who will be the big names... of that Goldberg would be top tier... Dreamer?

Personally I really like Mordetzky and the women this year are way better than Hyatt - though I think Richter doesn't get the kudos she should.

Be cool to get Lauper and Richter to do a dual auto in a set like this...
Old 05-04-2014, 05:20 PM   #200 (permalink)

I forgot about Hogan, Funk, Samartino and Sabu...