Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2013, 11:52 PM   #226 (permalink)

oh my ............ i see a pele on the bay
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:54 PM   #227 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
oh my ............ i see a pele on the bay
finally. took a while. gotta be ultra sp. lampards might be too

Also looking for Emma Watson and Kat Dennings
dashcounter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:39 AM   #228 (permalink)

They put him in a Cosmos jersey. Brazil or Santos kits would've been much better and it's a sticker auto too.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:48 AM   #229 (permalink)

For sure I don't know if you guys see the same as I do, as I am looking at eBay app on iphone, but the Tier One Auto listed right next to it if you list from highest price kills the new Topps one
LVpokerslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:00 PM   #230 (permalink)

A rare triple jersey card and the Guzan swatch is from an outfield jersey

2013 Topps Premier Gold Brad Guzan Christian Benteke Alexsandar Tonev 20 20 | eBay
Portlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:19 PM   #231 (permalink)

Gotta be honest and say that the product is pretty disappointing...base set is fine, but all the subsets look identical and the autograph checklist is pretty weak.

Not sure what Pele is doing in an EPL set, and would have loved to see more autographs of retied EPL stars besides Zola & Barnes (for example Shearer, Cantona, Ian Rush, Bergkamp, Vieria, Scholes, Schmeichel, Owen, Gullit, Ravanelli, Klinsmann, etc.)
mfw13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:22 PM   #232 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiergooner View Post
Take a look at the sell sheet that hyped everyone up. Hazard, Walcott, Van Persie, Aguero. No autos from those guys. Hell, there's Van Persie autos in Allen & Ginter, how could you not have him sign some stickers for this when you've already got him? Same for Henry?
Topps pulls this kind of sell sheet bait and switch with all its products...anybody who buys a Topps product before release is just asking to get hosed...
mfw13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:23 PM   #233 (permalink)

i would have loved to see more retired stars, being it really a test run product as it seems, it has been a hit and i hope they continue with the product and improve for the next one
Looking for: 2012 NT Virtuoso & 2004 Ultimate Collection Tom Brady auto's
Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:54 PM   #234 (permalink)

I am so glad I didn't waste my money on busting this product. The player selection is just a joke. I would say the average box is lucky to get $100 return on it. I think I made the wise choice getting the cards individually and as lots on ebay. Already the Bale Auto is selling for $100, I think its only a matter of time before you see the Lampard/Bale/Gerrard Autos all selling between $50-$75.
aschade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:04 PM   #235 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschade View Post
I am so glad I didn't waste my money on busting this product. The player selection is just a joke. I would say the average box is lucky to get $100 return on it. I think I made the wise choice getting the cards individually and as lots on ebay. Already the Bale Auto is selling for $100, I think its only a matter of time before you see the Lampard/Bale/Gerrard Autos all selling between $50-$75.
This product was just too mass produced. A member on another forum told me he was talking to James Collins and he said he signed 1000 auto's for this product which leads to the idea of 887 cases very very probable. That is WAY too much. Just Topps trying to fill their back pocket. It is only a test run to see the interest and if done again I do think we will see the bigger names targeted such as Van Persie, Rooney, Suarez etc. BUT I am very glad they produced this product and love the cards they have produced
Old 01-05-2014, 05:10 PM   #236 (permalink)

Topps did the same thing with MLS. Boxes came out for $85-100 and now can be found for $50, with most of the Autos and Jerseys selling for under $5. I personally will wait till the boxes fall in price before trying my luck to get a Ronaldo Auto. I am curious how many Autos he signed and what they will finally bottom off at. The bottom line is Topps will continue to do this if people are willing to pay. The one thing that bothers me right now is that the Jersey cards don't even same game worn on the back. It wouldn't surprised me if they aren't game worn as Topps has a history of buying Jerseys from 2nd party vendors that aren't authentic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portlaw View Post
This product was just too mass produced. A member on another forum told me he was talking to James Collins and he said he signed 1000 auto's for this product which leads to the idea of 887 cases very very probable. That is WAY too much. Just Topps trying to fill their back pocket. It is only a test run to see the interest and if done again I do think we will see the bigger names targeted such as Van Persie, Rooney, Suarez etc. BUT I am very glad they produced this product and love the cards they have produced
aschade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:57 PM   #237 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschade View Post
Topps did the same thing with MLS. Boxes came out for $85-100 and now can be found for $50, with most of the Autos and Jerseys selling for under $5. I personally will wait till the boxes fall in price before trying my luck to get a Ronaldo Auto. I am curious how many Autos he signed and what they will finally bottom off at. The bottom line is Topps will continue to do this if people are willing to pay. The one thing that bothers me right now is that the Jersey cards don't even same game worn on the back. It wouldn't surprised me if they aren't game worn as Topps has a history of buying Jerseys from 2nd party vendors that aren't authentic.
I hear you on some of your points but this product being that it's a Premier League product, has a strong international appeal that MLS just doesn't. It seems to be selling very well in Japan fore example, a Ronaldo went for $700, I don't think I've seen one go for that on ebay: Topps Premier Gold ??????????????????/50 - ????!

I can see sealed box prices go down but nowhere near Topps MLS' 50% off or whatever the number may be. As for the jerseys, I think those are event-worn, if I remember correctly there are some pics of some signing sessions with players wearing jerseys while signing.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:40 PM   #238 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futbol_Cards View Post
As for the jerseys, I think those are event-worn, if I remember correctly there are some pics of some signing sessions with players wearing jerseys while signing.
Looking for: 2012 NT Virtuoso & 2004 Ultimate Collection Tom Brady auto's
Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:51 PM   #239 (permalink)

^That's the one
Old 01-05-2014, 08:21 PM   #240 (permalink)

I've done a case worth of this product and I'd say I'm pretty happy with the results. While the numbered cards are hard to hit, I think you get decent value out of it. 6-7 parallels in each box, five jersey cards, and five autographs for roughly $225. I'd say that's good value with how some of the cards are selling right now. From talking to people it seems like a lot of people who broken open boxes have been pretty happy so far.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:29 PM   #241 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tones View Post
These were not used for the Benteke card as his cards have the premier league patch which his jersey there does not. Guzan also has his goal keeper jersey being used BUT some Guzan cards also have an outfield jersey which does lead to the conclusion that his jersey worn there may have been used. Weimann is not wearing a jersey and I've yet to see a Tonev with a premier league patch so it may have been used from his jersey worn there
Old 01-06-2014, 12:12 AM   #242 (permalink)

The 1/1 Tonev in this link appears to have a swatch from the Premier League logo: ?13 ???????? ?????????? 1of1?????? - ????!
Old 01-06-2014, 12:27 AM   #243 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futbol_Cards View Post
The 1/1 Tonev in this link appears to have a swatch from the Premier League logo: ?13 ???????? ?????????? 1of1?????? - ????!
That is from the premier league logo on the numbers of the player if you know what I mean?
Old 01-06-2014, 12:32 AM   #244 (permalink)

Yeah that makes sense since it doesn't appear to an embroidered patch.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:56 PM   #245 (permalink)

Here's a recap to my 1 box I busted today

2013-2014 Topps Premier Gold 1 Box Recap
Old 01-07-2014, 01:47 PM   #246 (permalink)

good deal here 2013 Topps Premier Gold Ashley Cole "Game Used Jersey" Card 1 1 | eBay PATCH for $10 Ashley Cole
AwesomeJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:31 AM   #247 (permalink)

Imagine if Topps made the autos on card...

diegorvca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:38 AM   #248 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegorvca View Post
Imagine if Topps made the autos on card...

Not only on card but i wish it was chrome! could you imagine!!! chrome refractor autos!
foreverLFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:56 AM   #249 (permalink)

got a question...hopefully you all can help me with. I sold a bunch of my extras, probably like 100 to a guy in Japan. What would be the best (safest) way for me to ship them to him, so that he can't try and say he didn't get them at some point down the road.

Thanks!!
Gurds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:37 PM   #250 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurds View Post
got a question...hopefully you all can help me with. I sold a bunch of my extras, probably like 100 to a guy in Japan. What would be the best (safest) way for me to ship them to him, so that he can't try and say he didn't get them at some point down the road.

Thanks!!
Depending on the value of the items you are shipping but the only way to assure yourself is Express. Anything under $200 isn't worth it IMO.

I collect Steve Nash and other high end RCs and AUTOS of various players/HOFers
http://s767.photobucket.com/user/jbarnett83/library/?sort=3&page=0
jbarnett83 is offline   Reply With Quote