Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2013, 07:11 PM   #176 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futbol_Cards View Post
A liitle slowly but I just noticed several of the big names from the preliminary checklist I posted earlier are nowhere to be seen on the final checklist. Add to that Henry who was already in Topps' MLS 2013, albeit as a redemption.

Kind of sucks since those guys would have added some more value and star npower to the product.
how can you not have an autograph of someone who is on the cover?
Trouty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:53 PM   #177 (permalink)

This is the checklist I found on the Topps website:

http://topps.pixafy.netdna-cdn.com/m...goldsoccer.pdf

Not sure if this is the final update or not.

Not a lot of variety, but it was probably very expensive for Topps to get the players who did sign. This is after all the biggest sports league in the world and a lot of these guys are global stars. I'm stoked that Jack Wilshere is in the set since I'm an Arsenal fan, but it would have been nice to see more Arsenal autos than just him and Arteta. I would pay BIG money for a Mesut Ozil auto.

Hopefully next year's set will have more variety if this one turns out to be a hit.
beachhouse81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:10 PM   #178 (permalink)

Its looking pretty disappointing. I mean, outside of Ronaldo and Pele (Why is Pele in this product anyway?) the marquee names are Gerrard and Lampard. That is disappointing. No real Manchester United stars (Rooney/Van Persie). No real Arsenal stars (Ramsey/Ozil/Walcott). There isn't 1 team that the best player has an auto in the set. No Suarez, Aguero, Toure, Remy, Lukaku, Torres, Silva, etc. I really wanted to support Topps and buy a few boxes or even a case but with this checklist unless you hit a Ronaldo/Pele its a losing effort. I think they will settle higher than your average American sports release because there are so few autos of these guys, but the first Wilshere and Arteta went for about $25 each and they are 2 of the bigger names. I'll be buying singles and that's it.
hoosiergooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:12 PM   #179 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouty View Post
how can you not have an autograph of someone who is on the cover?
Take a look at the sell sheet that hyped everyone up. Hazard, Walcott, Van Persie, Aguero. No autos from those guys. Hell, there's Van Persie autos in Allen & Ginter, how could you not have him sign some stickers for this when you've already got him? Same for Henry?
Old 12-29-2013, 12:22 AM   #180 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiergooner View Post
Its looking pretty disappointing. I mean, outside of Ronaldo and Pele (Why is Pele in this product anyway?) the marquee names are Gerrard and Lampard. That is disappointing. No real Manchester United stars (Rooney/Van Persie). No real Arsenal stars (Ramsey/Ozil/Walcott). There isn't 1 team that the best player has an auto in the set. No Suarez, Aguero, Toure, Remy, Lukaku, Torres, Silva, etc. I really wanted to support Topps and buy a few boxes or even a case but with this checklist unless you hit a Ronaldo/Pele its a losing effort. I think they will settle higher than your average American sports release because there are so few autos of these guys, but the first Wilshere and Arteta went for about $25 each and they are 2 of the bigger names. I'll be buying singles and that's it.
Yeah, the reason the boxes sell for $200 plus is because of the chance of getting one of those first four names you mentioned or Bale. If you don't get one of those or a low-numbered Wilshere auto, or a 1/1, you'll be taking a serious bath.

I already bought a box from Blowout because I had my heart set on getting at least one, but you're probably smart to just stick to singles.

Still, the fact that this set exists at all is a minor miracle, whatever its shortcomings. I'm really hoping this isn't a one and done, and that future sets have more autos.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:42 AM   #181 (permalink)

I'm just happy they finally released a nice high end EPL product. It's a great way to start and it's only going to improve in the future... I can't complain.
diegorvca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:49 AM   #182 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegorvca View Post
I'm just happy they finally released a nice high end EPL product. It's a great way to start and it's only going to improve in the future... I can't complain.
Yeah the important thing is that it's a start, and a pretty good one regardless of how many big names are missing. I really love the design of the auto and numbered cards. It looks a million times better than the MLS set from earlier this year.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:53 AM   #183 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachhouse81 View Post
Yeah the important thing is that it's a start, and a pretty good one regardless of how many big names are missing. I really love the design of the auto and numbered cards. It looks a million times better than the MLS set from earlier this year.
I agree, just hoping it does well enough to warrant a second year to build on it.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:57 AM   #184 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachhouse81 View Post
I haven't seen a card in person but the numbered cards look gorgeous on picture, I can only imagine how good they look in person. Topps did a terrible job with its MLS product, relics and patches in particular.
Old 12-29-2013, 01:07 AM   #185 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegorvca View Post
I haven't seen a card in person but the numbered cards look gorgeous on picture, I can only imagine how good they look in person. Topps did a terrible job with its MLS product, relics and patches in particular.
Upper Deck needs to get MLS back. I'd rather have an MLS Marks than a Golazo, and there's 35 more of them.
Old 12-29-2013, 03:06 AM   #186 (permalink)

Someone paid $1,000 for Bale's 1/1 auto.

http://www.ebay.com.es/itm/2013-14-T...p2047675.l2557

Last edited by Futbol_Cards; 12-29-2013 at 04:08 AM.
Futbol_Cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:40 AM   #187 (permalink)

Quote:
link doesn't work for me but that's not a bad price at all for that card. it might be a steal.

Also looking for Emma Watson and Kat Dennings
dashcounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:19 AM   #188 (permalink)

For some reason I couldn't get the link to work. Here's a screenshot instead.

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm personally not a fan of contrived scarcity so I wouldn't pay more for this one than for an unnumbered version seeing as how it's the exact same card except with a different color and a 1/1 stamped on the back.

In my opinion a 1 of 1 should be truly unique. In this case a 1/1 version with an on-card signature along with a sweet match-worn jumbo patch would make this card truly unique IMO.
Old 12-29-2013, 04:58 AM   #189 (permalink)

Quote:
For some reason I couldn't get the link to work. Here's a screenshot instead.

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm personally not a fan of contrived scarcity so I wouldn't pay more for this one than for an unnumbered version seeing as how it's the exact same card except with a different color and a 1/1 stamped on the back.

In my opinion a 1 of 1 should be truly unique. In this case a 1/1 version with an on-card signature along with a sweet match-worn jumbo patch would make this card truly unique IMO.
i agree but i think this card could resell for much more especially when he gets hot

Also looking for Emma Watson and Kat Dennings
dashcounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:36 AM   #190 (permalink)

I don't think the seller knew what he had with that Bale.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:42 AM   #191 (permalink)

I opened a case, got a Bale, a Garrard, a dual Howard-Jagielka auto, a 1/1 Nastastic parallel and will still get crushed. For the rippers of this stuff - STAY AWAY! Buy singles.

That is all.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:53 AM   #192 (permalink)

Topps Premier Gold is selling really well all over the world, most buyer are international who can spend big money.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:54 AM   #193 (permalink)

I was debating on joining the blowout group break but as I no longer collect cards, I talked myself out of it. But thats shouldn't stop me from looking at all the cool cards you guys pull!
Old 12-29-2013, 08:56 AM   #194 (permalink)

Why is there so much Villa stuff?
Old 12-29-2013, 09:19 AM   #195 (permalink)

Cause Villa are AWESOME but really i've no idea, i've supported them all my life and they dont have a massive following maybe 8 or 9th highest in the premier league so it's surprising they would make Villa cards especially the triples and quads in the set as they are what collectors will chase
Portlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:00 AM   #196 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portlaw View Post
Cause Villa are AWESOME but really i've no idea, i've supported them all my life and they dont have a massive following maybe 8 or 9th highest in the premier league so it's surprising they would make Villa cards especially the triples and quads in the set as they are what collectors will chase
Yeah I was surprised too, I looked at the checklist and there were A LOT of Villa stuff, guess Villa might get some new fans lol
Old 12-29-2013, 10:51 AM   #197 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
I opened a case, got a Bale, a Garrard, a dual Howard-Jagielka auto, a 1/1 Nastastic parallel and will still get crushed. For the rippers of this stuff - STAY AWAY! Buy singles.

That is all.
I seriously could never understand why people like you start auctions at $0.99, especially with a short auction span (less than 5 days). You could post the same items with $7.99, $9.99, $14.99 type opening bids and still get hits on most of them. It only takes one person to think that the price is worth it vs inviting bottom feeders that only want a steal.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 01:09 PM   #198 (permalink)

I've noticed some Guzan memorabilia cards and they have blue and claret swatches which must be an error card as the jersey is yellow and black. If this is a mistake it's a very big mistake for them to make, along with the defoe error
Portlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:17 PM   #199 (permalink)

Ashley Young Relic 2013 2014 Topps Barclay's English Premier League Gold EPL 5 5 | eBay

$71 for a single swatch? LOL
AwesomeJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:19 PM   #200 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeJuice View Post
Yes sir! I bought it.