Blowout Cards Forums
Labor Day

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2013, 08:34 PM   #201 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegorvca View Post
Yes sir! I bought it.
How do justify that? You could have got it for like 40 I bet. Was seller holding back big time? It IS just a single non-patch swatch. I doubt his 1/1 auto fetches much more if that price
AwesomeJuice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:46 PM   #202 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeJuice View Post
How do justify that? You could have got it for like 40 I bet. Was seller holding back big time? It IS just a single non-patch swatch. I doubt his 1/1 auto fetches much more if that price
I made 3 different offers, he countered $71 all 3 times. I don't mind paying extra for a card I really want. As for a 1/1, I would pay up to $200 no problem.

I love this hobby and I love Manchester United. I enjoy adding new cards to my collection and I visit England once a year to watch them play live.
diegorvca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:50 PM   #203 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Quote:
I made 3 different offers, he countered $71 all 3 times. I don't mind paying extra for a card I really want. As for a 1/1, I would pay up to $200 no problem.

I love this hobby and I love Manchester United. I enjoy adding new cards to my collection and I visit England once a year to watch them play live.
I hate Man U (Chelsea fan) but that is awesome - gotta be great going to a live match over there.

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:54 PM   #204 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
I hate Man U (Chelsea fan) but that is awesome - gotta be great going to a live match over there.
Lol you either love Man United or hate them. It is great man, I've been to Stamford Bridge. It's a small stadium but really nice. I HIGHLY recommend going to watch a EPL game if you ever get the chance. The atmosphere is breathtaking, specially on a European night
Old 12-29-2013, 09:06 PM   #205 (permalink)

The patch on that Young is actually from the sponsor name on the front of this name or number on the back so it is a patch. Nice card
Portlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:12 PM   #206 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portlaw View Post
The patch on that Young is actually from the sponsor name on the front of this name or number on the back so it is a patch. Nice card
Thanks Sean The pic is really bad, but it does look like your right it's a shiny piece from a logo or name.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:27 PM   #207 (permalink)

If you look at the other Young #5 you can also see the same thing but clearer and you can see the contrast between the red jersey and white patch. I've yet to see a numbered card that low with a jersey piece that doesn't have patch. But I agree with the paying 200 for a 1/1, it's all about the love of your collection and adding too it. The only 1/1 i'd pay that for in this set for my collection is Benteke or Guzan because they are quality players at the Villa. I wouldn't pay close to it with the Tonev 1/1 on ebay now it is a cool card but the player has started 5 of 19 games for the team placed 13th in the league, enough said
Old 12-29-2013, 10:12 PM   #208 (permalink)

i pulled an ashley young orange parallel auto 1/50 the other day. it's got 27 watchers right now and it's up to $15 w/ 2.5 days remaining. any idea on what it could possibly end at? i do think it will have some people bidding during the last day of the auction so i'm excited to see what it goes for.
Gurds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:16 PM   #209 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurds View Post
i pulled an ashley young orange parallel auto 1/50 the other day. it's got 27 watchers right now and it's up to $15 w/ 2.5 days remaining. any idea on what it could possibly end at? i do think it will have some people bidding during the last day of the auction so i'm excited to see what it goes for.
Personally I would guess around $50 but it really depends how many people want it come ending time. I'd value it at $50 though
Old 12-29-2013, 10:18 PM   #210 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portlaw View Post
Personally I would guess around $50 but it really depends how many people want it come ending time. I'd value it at $50 though
thanks. i made a mistake saying it was the orange parallel, but the gold. those are out of 50, where as orange is /25.

i must have looked at a wrong checklist the other day and accidentally put orange parallel in the ebay title. is there anyway to change that now or anything since there are bids on it?

thanks.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:35 PM   #211 (permalink)

You can not alter the title or main description once bids are placed. I would suggest putting a clarification in a secondary description.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:39 PM   #212 (permalink)

Quote:
thanks. i made a mistake saying it was the orange parallel, but the gold. those are out of 50, where as orange is /25.

i must have looked at a wrong checklist the other day and accidentally put orange parallel in the ebay title. is there anyway to change that now or anything since there are bids on it?

thanks.
I also think it will sell for around $50. I would pay up to $75 for it, but I can't take that gamble with 3 cases coming in. I just took a look at it, you have nothing to worry about. I didn't notice you put orange, I just notice it was #1/50.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:40 PM   #213 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igman7 View Post
You can not alter the title or main description once bids are placed. I would suggest putting a clarification in a secondary description.
I did do that. thanks. Sucks you can't make any changes once bids have been placed.

Quote:
I also think it will sell for around $50. I would pay up to $75 for it, but I can't take that gamble with 3 cases coming in. I just took a look at it, you have nothing to worry about. I didn't notice you put orange, I just notice it was #1/50.
ok good. glad to hear that. i did put an update at the bottom of the original description....oh and your card will be going in the mail tomorrow. got a little distracted yesterday and didn't get around to printing or shipping. but i am packaging it up tonight for you.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:45 PM   #214 (permalink)

Quote:
I did do that. thanks. Sucks you can't make any changes once bids have been placed.

ok good. glad to hear that. i did put an update at the bottom of the original description....oh and your card will be going in the mail tomorrow. got a little distracted yesterday and didn't get around to printing or shipping. but i am packaging it up tonight for you.
No worries man I'm no rush to receive the card. Good luck with your sales.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:46 PM   #215 (permalink)

Quote:
No worries man I'm no rush to receive the card. Good luck with your sales.
thank you! good luck w/ your cases! can't wait to see what you pull.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:28 AM   #216 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashcounter View Post
i agree but i think this card could resell for much more especially when he gets hot
You have a point there. I guess there are a lot of hardcore collectors out there willing to pay big bucks seeing as how this is a product with massive international appeal.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:58 AM   #217 (permalink)

Quote:
I seriously could never understand why people like you start auctions at $0.99, especially with a short auction span (less than 5 days). You could post the same items with $7.99, $9.99, $14.99 type opening bids and still get hits on most of them. It only takes one person to think that the price is worth it vs inviting bottom feeders that only want a steal.
Because that's the method I chose. The idea is to create multiple bidders on items so they get notifications before the items end to influence bidding near the end of the auction.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:40 PM   #218 (permalink)

Quote:
I seriously could never understand why people like you start auctions at $0.99, especially with a short auction span (less than 5 days). You could post the same items with $7.99, $9.99, $14.99 type opening bids and still get hits on most of them. It only takes one person to think that the price is worth it vs inviting bottom feeders that only want a steal.

I started my Ashley young auto at .99 for 5 days and it has over 30 watchers. I'm almost positive there will be lots of bids on the last day as that's when people like to do most of their bidding
Old 12-30-2013, 04:16 PM   #219 (permalink)

i cant seem to find it but what were they names that you were guaranteed one per case?

Also looking for Emma Watson and Kat Dennings
dashcounter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #220 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashcounter View Post
i cant seem to find it but what were they names that you were guaranteed one per case?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cardboard Connection
Each six-box case of 2013-14 Topps Premier Gold Soccer guarantees autographs from two of the following players: Pelé, Ronaldo, Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard, Gareth Bale and Mikel Arteta.
2013-14 Topps Premier Gold Checklist, Set Info, Boxes, Reviews and More
Looking for: 2014 Tier One Baseball Mark Teixeira Bat Knob 1/1 [Finders Fee]
Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:46 PM   #221 (permalink)

thanks! that's what i was looking for

Also looking for Emma Watson and Kat Dennings
dashcounter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:23 PM   #223 (permalink)

Has the seller shipped the card yet? I saw that the seller had a fair amount of bad feedback and would not be shocked if he held the card back once they realized the mistake they made. The Ronaldo that was sold tonight was mine and it sold for more than the one that sold last night did. Could be a fluke since the seller last night was from Hong Kong which could create some shipping issues. Still though, I think this product is pretty darn good and may get another box or two tomorrow since you are supposed to get two of those top level guys per case. I went through half of it already, why not do the other half??
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:33 PM   #224 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
Has the seller shipped the card yet? I saw that the seller had a fair amount of bad feedback and would not be shocked if he held the card back once they realized the mistake they made. The Ronaldo that was sold tonight was mine and it sold for more than the one that sold last night did. Could be a fluke since the seller last night was from Hong Kong which could create some shipping issues. Still though, I think this product is pretty darn good and may get another box or two tomorrow since you are supposed to get two of those top level guys per case. I went through half of it already, why not do the other half??
I did panic a little, after seeing the feedback. I've been in contact with the seller, he shipped the same day with 2 day priority and insurance. Hopefully I get it in good condition. Congrats on pulling the Ronaldo auto You should get a couple more boxes with the funds, I know I would
Old 12-31-2013, 12:41 PM   #225 (permalink)

Any has any West Brom available please send me a PM
Phild is offline   Reply With Quote