Blowout Cards Forums
Shop OneStopFanShop.com Today!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2013, 05:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2013 Topps EPL!!!

Beckett News First look: 2013-14 Topps Premier Gold (English Premier League soccer cards)

i CAN NOT WAIT! wish they weren't sticker autos but i will take what i can get for this first round.

Will be spending thousands! Would you guys be interested if i did a group TEAM break? everyone get their favourite teams etc.. that would be fun.

!!!!!!!!! IM VERY EXCITED!
foreverLFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Oh crap, I'm going to go broke once these come out.
bri637 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Some details, photos:

Football Cartophilic Info Exchange: Topps - 2013-14 Topps Premier Gold
alan1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

Sad part is a lot of guys I want autos of aren't in the EPL...Messi/Neymar/CR7/Ibrom
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

I am in for a group break if we go that route. Cannot wait for this!
Rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:26 AM   #6 (permalink)

great news
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:25 AM   #7 (permalink)

No F***ING way! I am in complete shock right now! This is taking soccer card collecting to a whole nother level. Looks like I'm saving/selling till December. Thanks for posting!

Goodbye Futera!
diegorvca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:57 AM   #8 (permalink)

Dear Topps:
Here is my money. Take it. It's all yours.

-Bryan
Bryanjs14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:00 AM   #9 (permalink)

This is gonna be amazing!
Old 08-10-2013, 11:01 AM   #10 (permalink)

Spurs and Manchester United over here!
Old 08-11-2013, 06:50 AM   #11 (permalink)

oh yes. i will be buying this. alot
Srodeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:57 AM   #12 (permalink)

Throw me down for Aston Villa in all group breaks. Just to be clear what cards in the checklists are jersey cards?
Portlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:13 AM   #13 (permalink)

Just found a second checklist here so no auto's or jerseys have been confirmed yet

Football Cartophilic Info Exchange: Topps - 2013-14 Topps Premier Gold (2)
Old 08-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #14 (permalink)

What took them so long!! This is a goldmine.

I can't wait.

Incoming -
Outgoing -
DetectiveChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:51 PM   #15 (permalink)

Group break of this stuff would be amazing.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:10 PM   #16 (permalink)

Thinking about it a group break may be difficult to do. First everybody will want the big teams and teams like hull etc may not be picked and when topps uk did the old set apart from liverpool there were an even amount of jersey/auto's for each team but will topps us just have these of players from the bigger teams or maybe have for example 1 swansea auto yet 5 man united auto's leading people to avoid swansea in a group break, just my thoughts
Old 08-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #17 (permalink)

i really hope this is just Topps testing the waters on an EPL set made available in north america.

a 100 card set is way too small. this needs to be a 300-400 card set to really be a legitimate product. and they don't need to make it "gold". they can make it a more low end product to bring in a wider collector base.

hopefully if they see a good response then next year they can expand it.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srodeva View Post
i really hope this is just Topps testing the waters on an EPL set made available in north america.

a 100 card set is way too small. this needs to be a 300-400 card set to really be a legitimate product. and they don't need to make it "gold". they can make it a more low end product to bring in a wider collector base.

hopefully if they see a good response then next year they can expand it.
Its called gold cause back in 2002 there was a premier league gold set released with 5 or 6 base cards to each team which would make about 100-120 base card set (i may be wrong in that) and it was the last epl set to have auto's and jerseys. I think the reason they are doing this is for the collectors who want a premium set and those who just want a 300-400 base set have the match attax cards which are available, I know they are produced by topps uk but i've heard of stores with it in the us
Old 08-12-2013, 12:45 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portlaw View Post
Thinking about it a group break may be difficult to do. First everybody will want the big teams and teams like hull etc may not be picked and when topps uk did the old set apart from liverpool there were an even amount of jersey/auto's for each team but will topps us just have these of players from the bigger teams or maybe have for example 1 swansea auto yet 5 man united auto's leading people to avoid swansea in a group break, just my thoughts
You've got a point. I think a draft format would best for a group break of this product.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:55 AM   #20 (permalink)

I'd be in for the Newcastle cards.....
mfw13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:50 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Its called gold cause back in 2002 there was a premier league gold set released with 5 or 6 base cards to each team which would make about 100-120 base card set (i may be wrong in that) and it was the last epl set to have auto's and jerseys. I think the reason they are doing this is for the collectors who want a premium set and those who just want a 300-400 base set have the match attax cards which are available, I know they are produced by topps uk but i've heard of stores with it in the us
yes, i know. i have all the old gold sets. but the epl wasn't as popular back then as it is now in the states.

and those sets were not available over here. so hopefully if they get a good response they will expand the set.

also, i believe i saw somewhere the match attax deal with topps is up. i don't think they are going to do one this year. that's why i'm hoping this is a testing of the waters to see if a more traditional card set might be viable in the future for the uk and the US.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:20 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srodeva View Post
yes, i know. i have all the old gold sets. but the epl wasn't as popular back then as it is now in the states.

and those sets were not available over here. so hopefully if they get a good response they will expand the set.

also, i believe i saw somewhere the match attax deal with topps is up. i don't think they are going to do one this year. that's why i'm hoping this is a testing of the waters to see if a more traditional card set might be viable in the future for the uk and the US.
I do see what you mean but there is definitely a match attax set this year, i've seen pre sales already and in my opinion as long as the match attax is out there'll never be the 300-400 traditional card set which I too would prefer to match attax but im a massive fan of this gold set coming out over both a traditional and match attax set
Old 08-12-2013, 08:29 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
I do see what you mean but there is definitely a match attax set this year, i've seen pre sales already and in my opinion as long as the match attax is out there'll never be the 300-400 traditional card set which I too would prefer to match attax but im a massive fan of this gold set coming out over both a traditional and match attax set
maybe this is the last year on the match attax set then. i definitely read somewhere that they won't be making that much longer.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:03 AM   #24 (permalink)

I've got a pretty good idea for a group break, but it would only work well 5 ways I think.

I'll need a United fan, Chelsea fan, City fan, and maybe a Liverpool/Spurs fan, and I think it could work real well.

Snake-style, but everyone can be assigned their first team to get their top team, since this stuff will surely be so top heavy.
hoosiergooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:34 AM   #25 (permalink)

woah , that's a expensive case .
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote