Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2013, 03:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default First look: 2014 Topps WWE wrestling cards

First look: 2014 Topps WWE wrestling cards

By Chris Olds | Beckett Sports Card Monthly Editor
Topps wants collectors to get in the ring next year.
The lone licensee of World Wrestling Entertainment trading cards offered the first looks and details of its 2014 Topps WWE cards on Friday with the newest wave of superstars, Divas, legends and more set for a Feb. 28 release.
Among the new offerings? Autographed kiss cards from the Divas and metal championship plate manufactured Relics from big names from the past among the two hits in every 24-pack hobby box that carries a suggested retail price of $48.

According to Topps estimates, there will be just 12,000 total plate cards made across the entire production run along with 16,000 swatch Relics (wrestler-worn gear) and 6,000 ring mat Relics, according to the company. Much rarer will be the Diva Kiss autos with just 100 cards, while only 1,000 total unsigned kiss cards will be made. Each autograph will have Black (/50), Silver (/25), Gold (/10) and 1/1 Red parallels, while there will also be triple autos and a Quad DX autograph as well.
The base set will consist of 110 cards and will include new “rookies” with an RC logo (a first for WWE cards) along with present-day superstars and Divas as well as WWE Legends. There will be Black (four per box), Silver (one per hobby box), Gold (/10) and 1/1 Red and printing plate parallels for each card. Among the inserts will be 20 NXT Prospects, 30 WWE Champions, 20 Greatest Championship Matches, 10 Greatest Contenders and 10 “Stone Cold” Steve Austin Tribute cards found one per box. The inserts largely revolve around the 50th anniversary of the WWE title.
The NXT inserts will be found in every other pack, while WWE Champions are one in four, Greatest Championship Matches are one in eight, Contenders are one in every 12 packs.
Chris Olds is the editor of Beckett Baseball and Beckett Sports Card Monthly magazines. Have a comment, question or idea? Send an email to him at colds@beckett.com. Follow him on Twitter by clicking here.

Beckett News » First look: 2014 Topps WWE wrestling cards
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:04 AM   #2 (permalink)

That Degeneration X quad autograph, oh my.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:58 AM   #3 (permalink)

it will be interesting to see who else they get to sign for this product
Old 09-28-2013, 03:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

Of course the DX auto does not include Triple H. I am starting to wonder if he even knows how to write his name!
Stanley2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

Great looking set though. Much better than the one that is being released next month in my opinion. Excited to have serial numbered autographed cards again!
Stanley2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

This stuff looks pretty cool to me. I'll be in for a case.

Bucket (under construction) http://s869.photobucket.com/albums/ab252/golfinglegend/
golfinglegend67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

NEED the Paige RC
ldsports is offline   Reply With Quote