Blowout Cards Forums
4/4/14 Coupon

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Jeff Hardy Original Artwork / Thank You Tristar

I am posting this mostly as a thank you to Tristar. I opened up a case of TNA Xtreme cards over the summer and pulled a redemption card for a piece of Jeff Hardy Original Artwork. The only problem was that the redemption card had expired over a year ago. At first I thought it was just a missed opportunity, but then I started to wonder what happened to the artwork if it was never redeemed. So I decided to e-mail Tristar and ask. They immediately told me to go ahead and send in the redemption following the regular instructions and that they would still honor it! They really do a great job of taking care of their customers and standing behind the products that they sell. The artwork arrived last week so I figured I would post a scan for those who are interested. There were 10 different pieces made for this set, but this is the first one that I have actually seen. It was done on the back of a 5 x 7 index card in marker. It is also signed by Jeff Hardy. It was shipped in a black frame, but I took it out to get a better scan.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeff Hardy Original Artwork / Thank You Tristar-hardy-artwork.jpg  
Stanley2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

Very cool but, uh, what is it?
Old 10-15-2013, 06:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
He did some artwork for TriStar to included in the 2010 Xtreme set. They took his 10 different designs and used them to make a 10 card insert set. If you were talking about the actual design then I have no clue. Jeff Hardy has a mind of his own.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley2 View Post
He did some artwork for TriStar to included in the 2010 Xtreme set. They took his 10 different designs and used them to make a 10 card insert set. If you were talking about the actual design then I have no clue. Jeff Hardy has a mind of his own.
That's the drugs
geoffyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley2 View Post
Yeah I was talking about the artwork itself.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
A wang with wings.
It's really cool that TriStar will still honor redemptions like this. I think I'm going to get a box or two of TNA stuff since it's been a while since I've opened anything. The TNA stuff is always a fun break.
Uter79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:30 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uter79 View Post
A wang with wings.
It's really cool that TriStar will still honor redemptions like this. I think I'm going to get a box or two of TNA stuff since it's been a while since I've opened anything. The TNA stuff is always a fun break.
That's funny. Really cool of Tristar though. My first thought was a self portrait of his wang he then morphed into a butterfly to be pc. Nice score for the uniqueness though. Good deal on their part of honoring it and good thing you gave it a try Stanley, a lot of people may have just tossed it. Congrats.
ryangeorgelaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:20 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangeorgelaw View Post
That's funny. Really cool of Tristar though. My first thought was a self portrait of his wang he then morphed into a butterfly to be pc. Nice score for the uniqueness though. Good deal on their part of honoring it and good thing you gave it a try Stanley, a lot of people may have just tossed it. Congrats.
I nearly did that myself, it was my first instinct. I know I have done it with other Tristar redemptions (8x10's and stuff). Has anyone ever seen one of these for sale? I have no idea what the market would be like for it or if there even is one.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:33 PM   #9 (permalink)

Tristar's CS has always been awesome and theyre super cool about the redemptions as well.

Other companies could learn a thing or two from them.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:24 AM   #10 (permalink)

I picked this one up in a break. Very interesting choice of art.