Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2013, 10:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bob Backlund Leaf Originals Signature variants

I noticed that Bob Backlund signed some of his leaf originals Robert Backlund and some Backlund Bob. I don't know how many different variations he signed and I am just curious what people may own. I know that I have a Robert Backlund white backround alternate art card, and I saw a seller on eBay purchase a Backlund Bob yellow base art/99 card and reflip it for a nice profit. But I am just curious what else is out there. Does anyone have any ink variants etc.., signed Robert or Backlund Bob, or what colored background do you have? I am not really looking to acquire anymore just curious what is out there and what I missed out on.
ryangeorgelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:50 AM   #2 (permalink)

I have a base yellow /99 signed Robert Backlund.
5207P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

All mine are standard Bob Backlund signatures (3 base, 2 alt, 1 green base, 2 red base & 1 yellow background).

Looks like the variations are pretty rare.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

They are definitely rare. I didn't become aware of any variations until probably January, but since then I have only seen the one yellow/99 Backlund Bob and the white alternate Robert Backlund I bought. Not sure on how many had already moved on Ebay before I began looking though.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

I currently have three Backlunds, have sold or traded away at least four others, and the only one I've ever had that was signed differently is the one I mentioned in my post above. I picked up my variation on ebay several months back and I feel like I've seen maybe 5-10 of his signature variations on ebay since the product release.
5207P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

I had one "Backlund Bob" back when the set first came out. Out of probably 15 or so with the standard signature. I think I sold it before I even realized that it was signed differently. I believe it was a yellow background.
Stanley2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

I could be wrong Stanley but if memory serves me correct it was your Backlund Bob yellow I was referring to. I believe you sold it for $29.99 and the buyer bought it and relisted it high. I believe $125 or best offer and was able to re-flip it, (or decided to keep it) not sure as I had forgotten about it and then it was gone when I checked on it again.