Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Dpeck100 October 2013 PSA Submission Video...New Videos Added...

I am a veryyyyy slow technology adapter and finally got a good smart phone. If you saw my last phone, which was a beat to death Nokia you would have to laugh. It finally died so I upgraded to an I-Phone which is super cool. This phone takes excellent pictures and has a great video camera.

I thought it would be fun to make a video of the cards I am sending in. If you have some time to kill and want to look at some cool cards check it out. I am packing these up this morning and sending them out today. It is a nice mix of cards and some that have never been graded before. I am going to do an update video once I receive them back and we will see how things went.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIVd5oQBQnE

Last edited by dpeck100; 11-11-2013 at 09:14 PM.
dpeck100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:17 AM   #2 (permalink)

Hopefully you do well on the Swanson cards. They are not as rare as the carnation cards but they are very hard to get in High grade. There has not been any 10's graded yet. Im curious to see how you do on the WWF Magazine cards.
sjim8660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 12:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'm really impressed with the variety of cards you have there. I'm really lookiń forward to seeing the grades.
SumoMenkoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

Good stuff. Love looking at those cards and background history you give on some of them.

Will be fun seeing the return video and how they grade out.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

Nice video. Thanks for sharing. Awesome cards.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

cool vid dpeck

we might not agree on somethings buddy, but I love your passion for the hobby.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

I decided to film another video and this one is for the signed cards I plan to send in soon.

Dpeck100 Signed Wrestling Cards, Hogan, Flair, Superstar Billy Graham and others.... - YouTube
Old 11-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

Some sweet autos.

Getting those 1982 Hogan's in holders will be nice. Those look sharp and with him now charging a fortune to sign them.
Always cool seeing the Jimmy Harts, his 1985 OPC is cool looking card.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:38 PM   #9 (permalink)

I have four others that are signed by Hogan and already in PSA/DNA holders. I decided to crack out all of my Hogan's from BGS slabs and get them signed to try and make the most of it and sent them out to California when he did the signing with American Icon. I knew I was in a losing position and realized they had no chance of crossing over to PSA. I cracked out two BGS 9's and two 8.5's.

Around the same time I took my losses on the BGS graded Andre's as well and sent them all to PSA and took the lower grades across the board.

I tried crossing many in the holders with no luck and then out of the holders with no luck as well and that was when I really pulled in my horns on BGS graded wrestling cards.

I did read on the Collectors Universe board that Hogan is now wanting to charge $250 to get these signed. I am not surprised at all that he wanted to charge more as he jacked up the price on signed belts to $500.

I mentioned in the video that I got Hogan to sign a copy of the SMR that my sets were featured in and here is the pic.

[/URL]
Old 11-07-2013, 08:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

It would be great to get Dusty Rhodes to sign that page too!
Old 11-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthoemke View Post
It would be great to get Dusty Rhodes to sign that page too!

I want to!

The Dusty Rhodes PSA 10 is one of my best cards.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:44 PM   #12 (permalink)

The cards keep getting more and more impressive. Thanks for sharing. Good luck with the grades!
SumoMenkoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:29 PM   #13 (permalink)

I wonder if Hogan will up his price on even signing his 1985 WWF Topps card. That is a cool looking card to get signed.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #14 (permalink)

I am working with a board member on a signed wrestling card project later this month. Ben is going to Wrestlecade in Winston Salem, North Carolina and wanted to get some cards signed so he reached out to me and we are working something out. I have a stack of cards going out there and I am hoping he is successful in getting as many signed as possible.

Here the cards I am hoping to get signed.

Dpeck100 WrestleCade 2013 Cards To Try And Get Signed Video..... - YouTube
Old 11-12-2013, 08:38 PM   #15 (permalink)

Cool video on the cards your sending off to get signed at Wrestlecade.
You gonna try and have Ben get some inscriptions on them. Like Valentine with The Hammer and Atlas Mr. USA ect. I got his book and it's signed Mr. USA.

Don't see many of those 1985 All Stars cards signed. Love Masked Superstar and Sullivan you have. Would be a huge get if RnR Express gets signed by both.

Seems these type of Wrestling shows that are promoted right pack in the people. I know this past weekend Highspots was running some show in NY with Hall, Nash, Xpac, Hogan, Steele, Heenan, ect. That packed the place. Show ended up going longer than planned to help more people get autos/photos.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:55 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnft17 View Post
Cool video on the cards your sending off to get signed at Wrestlecade.
You gonna try and have Ben get some inscriptions on them. Like Valentine with The Hammer and Atlas Mr. USA ect. I got his book and it's signed Mr. USA.

Don't see many of those 1985 All Stars cards signed. Love Masked Superstar and Sullivan you have. Would be a huge get if RnR Express gets signed by both.

Seems these type of Wrestling shows that are promoted right pack in the people. I know this past weekend Highspots was running some show in NY with Hall, Nash, Xpac, Hogan, Steele, Heenan, ect. That packed the place. Show ended up going longer than planned to help more people get autos/photos.

I am just going to have him do the best he can.

In one of the other videos I did there was a signed Buddy Rogers and The Chrusher and the guy who I got those from went to the show and said it was awesome.

I totally agree that a dual signed Rock N Roll Express would be sweet!

Another card I would love to get signed is a 1989 Market Scene The Rockers by both Marty and Shawn.

Last edited by dpeck100; 11-12-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old 11-28-2013, 09:50 PM   #17 (permalink)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_BxtFx6H78

I am sending these in tomorrow with the signed cards from above.

Some cool cards in this sub for sure and hopefully they do well.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:04 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpeck100 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_BxtFx6H78

I am sending these in tomorrow with the signed cards from above.

Some cool cards in this sub for sure and hopefully they do well.
Nice batch.
Will be interesting how those Von Erich 1985 All Stars do. Did you cut them out yourself. On edges do you trim them sharp. Or do you just separate them and send in as is? High grades have to be tough on those.

On the Flair Wonderama Header cards. Do you make notes on form about the one being from 1987. So they will label it correctly. That version is pretty rare.

Cool Shawn Michaels card. Would that be his top rookie card. Zeus is interesting card. Always learn some new tidbits from your vids on wrestling cards I didn't even know existed.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:06 AM   #19 (permalink)

I was the first to get the test cards graded and they were mislabeled at first but I called customer service and referred them to the wrestlingtradingcards website and they fixed it before shipping them to me. I don't think the submitter after me had any issues with them identifying the Test Run cards.
wrestlingcardki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 01:01 PM   #20 (permalink)

I submitted a Sting/windham pretty early and just put "1987 Wonderama Test" on the form (I think this was after the king graded his). PSA knew what to do with them.

I am wanting to submit some 1989-90 classic wwf "no copyright date" cards of warrior and hogan--does anyone know if PSA will designate thr no copyright on the label?
Old 11-29-2013, 01:18 PM   #21 (permalink)

you may want to see what wrestlingtradingcards. com says and if it is there you have a good chance of having that notated on the slab.......
wrestlingcardki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:54 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
I am working with a board member on a signed wrestling card project later this month. Ben is going to Wrestlecade in Winston Salem, North Carolina and wanted to get some cards signed so he reached out to me and we are working something out. I have a stack of cards going out there and I am hoping he is successful in getting as many signed as possible.

Big Wrestlecade show is today. Will you be getting some reports back today on how it goes.
Do you have a few that are top priority to get done.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:01 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnft17 View Post
Nice batch.
Will be interesting how those Von Erich 1985 All Stars do. Did you cut them out yourself. On edges do you trim them sharp. Or do you just separate them and send in as is? High grades have to be tough on those.

On the Flair Wonderama Header cards. Do you make notes on form about the one being from 1987. So they will label it correctly. That version is pretty rare.

Cool Shawn Michaels card. Would that be his top rookie card. Zeus is interesting card. Always learn some new tidbits from your vids on wrestling cards I didn't even know existed.

The 1985 Wrestling All Stars must be hand cut. I tried with my first magazine using the perforations and those are really just lines to theoretically cut along. I would agree in many cases these will be tough to get high grades. I have a paper cuter and did the best I could to cut them the same size and try and make them look like a card. I have a hand full of others at PSA now so time will tell on how they do.

On the 1987 Wonderama Ric Flair I not only specify the year in the box for that but in the variety section I make another note. I did the same on the Market Scene Warrior card.

I personally would consider this card to be Shawn Michaels rookie card. The 1989 Classic could certainly be considered one too but I would prefer to find the tougher card and clearly these Market Scene cards are hard to find.

In recent years I have grown to really not like Shawn Michaels much but for the hard core fan I would suggest buying a MOC Remco figure and having it signed. I don't like him enough to pay what it takes but for someone who does that would be the best item in my mind to have of his.

The Zues card is really cool and to me helps make this is a cool set. I am glad that I found a decent Hogan as "Rip" from the movie too to go along with the Zues. The set I bought came with the mail away binder and is pretty cool for someone who wants a raw set to display or quickly look through. I may sell that item on EBAY at some point now that I have sent in some of the cards to get graded. I have quite a few of the 60 cards pulled in card savers and may send in more for grading or try and get some signed. I really like the finish on these cards, the design and the size. Unfortunately many of the cards I got are creased or have noticeable surface wrinkles and will grade very low.

Thanks for watching my videos. I am having fun making them and will continue to produce new one's in the future.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:05 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:

Good luck today Ben!!! I had a chance to speak with him last night on the phone and it sounds like he has a very busy day ahead of him.

Hopefully he has a great time and I am really glad he contacted me to work with him on this project.

I am looking forward to the report and the results!!!
Old 12-18-2013, 07:43 AM   #25 (permalink)

I wasn't very happy to see that my Miami Hurricanes cards did not pass. I have signed sheets from every year that I bought at the same time and I don't think they are fake. I plan to work on these again the future. It is very possible their signatures have changed over the years.

Three of my orders logged yesterday and I was pleased to see the Andre The Giant index cards were accepted under the special. Now the waiting game!

Here are the results.

Order #20754387 / Submission #8258782
Line # Item # Cert # Grade Description Type
1 1 22269479 EXCELLENT 5
1972 TOPPS 200 ROGER STAUBACH
Card
1 2 22269480 N0: AUTHENTIC
1972 TOPPS 200 ROGER STAUBACH
Card
2 1 22269481 NEAR MINT 7
1982 WRESTLING ALL-STARS SERIES A 6 DUSTY RHODES
Card
2 2 22269482 NEAR MINT-MINT 8
1982 WRESTLING ALL-STARS SERIES A 6 DUSTY RHODES
Card
3 1 22269483 N4: QUESTIONABLE AUTHENTICITY 1994 MIAMI/BUMBLE BEE PERFORATED WARREN SAPP Card
4 1 22269484 N4: QUESTIONABLE AUTHENTICITY 1994 MIAMI/BUMBLE BEE PERFORATED RAY LEWIS Card
5 1 22269485 N4: QUESTIONABLE AUTHENTICITY 1994 MIAMI/BUMBLE BEE PERFORATED DWAYNE JOHNSON PERFORATED Card